Kiwi brothers deny all charges, their parents speak out - Tim Newton Today - March 19

webfact

47 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Go away....please don't ever reply to another one of my comments OK?

Please dont make dumb as $git comments on a public forum OK? Road blocks are tricky, what to do? Geez! 😭

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Possibly not motorcycles licenses.

About 10 years ago, I rented a motorbike, and rode all around Phuket for a year.   

I had a Thai car-driver's license and a driver's license from my passport country -- but no motorcycle license. 

I once asked a pair of Thai police officers which license I should show if I were stopped by traffic police.

They suggested showing the driver's license from my passport country.

6 hours ago, Dolf said:

What is mme? You mean mma. I can fight with fists but not wrestle. I still wouldnt do that. Pay your 500 baht and move on.

After four years of driving my MC without a license, at last, I got an MC license. I was a little excited and told one of my concubines. She replied, "Why do you need a MC license? You can pay 500 baht to the police if caught."

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

You obviously have no idea of appropriate legal process or how to watch a video. You have no idea what happened before the video commenced. You are basically a 21st century answer to the lynch mob 

No I'm just a guy on the internet like you. I really don't care and neither do you. 

It'd be nice to have a reasonably complete written report on the situation rather than having to listen to this "reporter/commentator" trying to eke out his living in Thailand. Fortunately Google provides a number of good sources of info. 

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

as martial arts experts they decide to take the gun out of the equation.

This “expert” decision will change their lives forever. Being an expert in anything does not mean you have a license to turn off your brain and common sense.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TaoNow said:

About 10 years ago, I rented a motorbike, and rode all around Phuket for a year.   

I had a Thai car-driver's license and a driver's license from my passport country -- but no motorcycle license. 

I once asked a pair of Thai police officers which license I should show if I were stopped by traffic police.

They suggested showing the driver's license from my passport country.

Your information is out of date. Thailand ratified the Vienna Convention on road traffic in May 2020 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dolf said:

No I'm just a guy on the internet like you. I really don't care and neither do you. 

Not only do you not care but you don't know and still seem to want to tell everyone

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hellfire said:

This “expert” decision will change their lives forever. Being an expert in anything does not mean you have a license to turn off your brain and common sense.

What has that got to do with my hypothesis.

Do you not understand what I'm trying to point out?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

It'd be nice to have a reasonably complete written report on the situation rather than having to listen to this "reporter/commentator" trying to eke out his living in Thailand. Fortunately Google provides a number of good sources of info. 

Looks like all the "sources" on Google are secondary or tertiary and using the same primary source.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And you seem to create fantasies and expect them to be accepted too. Do you deny that they took the officers weapon or will you tell us the police officer handed it over for the guy to have a play with?

You are so naive!

6 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Not only do you not care but you don't know and still seem to want to tell everyone

You don't know much at all but act like you are a lawyer. 

6 minutes ago, kwilco said:

What has that got to do with my hypothesis.

Do you not understand what I'm trying to point out?

Nobody cares what you think. It is up to the cops, lawyers and judges.

• Haha 1

They are rich, both will catch a mysterious disease and be transferred to a five start police hospital. Then after a few weeks be released with a deadly medical condition that cannot be cured.   Then fly home to their families and a miracle cure will happen in a few days. The cop will be driving his new Benz.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, kwilco said:

Having lost face an officer follows them they react to this by confronting him again.

We defo need to retrain the world police as absolutely police officer in every single country would react the same..... to save face.

Just how dumb do you have to be to allow your fingers to type something like this.

I think I puked a little in my mouth from this post.

27 minutes ago, Celsius said:

We defo need to retrain the world police as absolutely police officer in every single country would react the same..... to save face.

Just how dumb do you have to be to allow your fingers to type something like this.

I think I puked a little in my mouth from this post.

you clearly don't understand the significance of "loss of face" in Thai culture.

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Both of them will get some brutal beatings and kicks (maybe they have already received them) before being transferred to the prisons, where they will wake up at 5 AM to clean toilets. After a few months, they will be released, deported, and barred from entering Thailand again. This won't teach them a lesson not to repeat it again, but at least they won't be able to do it in Thailand anymore. 

The family are described in AUS media as "millionaire property tycoons".

How many of these stories  end up disappearing from the news with no follow up on the legal or financial outcome?

Like the two times in past 6 years deranged foreign passengers have pulled aircraft emergency slides at Chiang Mai airport?

The lads may learn only the lesson that money can buy you out of really big trouble before being kicked out from Thailand persona non-grata. How will the police officers face be restored if they are simply sentenced to long jail then deported?

He'll fare better fending the jabs in the provincial police squad room arriving from a new home in new  Mercedes 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/travel/canadian-plane-door-slide-thailand-hnk-intl/index.html

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/crazed-thai-smile-passenger-rips-planes-emergency-exit-door-open-before-takeoff

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

But it may well have saved their lives... 

Could this have been quite a different news story had they not reacted to subdue the officer ??...  who knows.

Something triggered them to 'take control of the weapon'...   

- either they (NZ guys) were crazy and out of control (the video didn't show guys in an out of control rage)

- or, they felt they were in grave danger and felt no choice but to subdue the police officer.

As far as 'running' the check point is concerned... 

Was there actually a check point ???.. or just a police officer on bike who decided to follow some foreigners an 'test the water' for a 'no license bribe' ????... and the NZ guys decided they were not playing until a chase ensued and things got quite out of hand. 

Fantasies ???? No...  But possible scenarios and discussion points based on information and stories of decades of living here....  'ding' - that one...  

... the video was quite clear: I don't deny they took the officers weapon... I do not agree that this was an 'attack'...  the video shows their (NZ-Guys) interest was in securing the Gun.... 

... the question begs... 'why did the NX Guy feel the need to secure the Gun' ??? .... was he scared for his life ? or was he an out of control nutcase ???

no videos are "quite clear" - we don't see any run up to a very short video.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1