Kiwi brothers deny all charges, their parents speak out - Tim Newton Today - March 19

webfact

Deny all charges... The Bart Simpson defense 😂 except this time there is video and eye witnesses. Someone needs to remind these 2 clowns that by simply owning up to a mistake in Thailand can get your sentence halved. 

1 hour ago, Hellfire said:

Don’t fight against common sense using fake constructions like ‘critical thinking’.

You have no idea! You don't understand that common sense is a subject construct and critical thinking is exactly the opposite of what you say. THis is why discussions with some on this forum is impossible as they can't actually form a valid argument or opinion.

Edited by kwilco

Did I read their "millionaire" parents flew in to Thailand? It's going to be a very expensive trip for them..

Even if justice needs to be seen to be done so the average Thai hooligan doesn't get the idea it's fine to beat up policeman, and a long sentence is imposed they will most likely "slip out the back door" in due course (within a year?) when it has all died down and everyone has forgotten about them. The only thing for sure here is that they are two very lucky men to have such a rich mummy and daddy as the end result, whatever it may be, would be vastly different for a poor pair of dickheads!

Maybe it will turn out it was all just a misunderstanding and a picture of the brothers presenting the policeman with a pretty bunch of flowers will appear in the news :)

No, probably not but in Thailand best not to make any guesses about anything really as it usually ends up being the opposite.

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:07 PM, richard_smith237 said:

You seem to conveniently believe anything written in the media as fact.  

Did the NZ Guys steel the police officers phone then try to delete photos ? OR...

Did NZ Guy2 pick up the phone which had dropped to the floor during the 'tussle for the gun' and then held on to it to later return ?

What IF the NZ Guys thought their life is in danger ???..   Better to be in serious trouble than dead, no ?

Dumb and Dumber Brothers can get by with their Old Man's money. So they are lucky dumb bunnies but have not been bailed out so they are enjoying jail and will for a while

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:25 AM, richard_smith237 said:

You are not a young, fit, strong male with MME experience though are you ?

People with different capabilities will may well act differently. 

IF an angry policeman pulls a gun on me, I'll keep very quiet and hope he does nothing more. 

IF an angry policeman pulls a gun on someone with CQB training may well respond so they know he does nothing more. 

What's CQB Training

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

So, what's the latest on the numb nut duo, are they still enjoying fish head soup, has mum bailed them out, or what....?   :cowboy:

As they entered "not guilty" pleas to all charges I presume they are waiting for a trial date while still in custody as police opposed bail.

No hurry!

Someone here may remember the Englishman who swore f... at a female immigration officer and ripped his passport from her hands in Phuket some years back. Recall he was in custody for several months before they got around to his court appearance. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/22/2024 at 5:12 PM, kwilco said:

You have no idea! You don't understand that common sense is a subject construct and critical thinking is exactly the opposite of what you say. THis is why discussions with some on this forum is impossible as they can't actually form a valid argument or opinion.

So, according to you, the highest concentration of the critical thinkers should be found in a madhouse. Yeah, sure. I have no time discussing anything with intellectually dishonest people.
P.S. On one thing I agree with you, though. You are somebody who is on the opposite side of a common sense. Don’t want to use an exact word for it in order not to be banned from the forum (and it is definitely not “a critical thinker”).

Edited by Hellfire
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, tgw said:

the longer the radio silence is, the higher the chances that everyone is trying to sweep that under the rug.

my best guess is that the cop they disarmed didn't behave in a fully professional manner.

it's pure speculation on my part, but seeing how there is zero news, I'd bet the police got their best brains together to find a face-saving way out.

The policeman will be protected at all costs, as for the 'professional' manner, is there any such thing here.........?.......😉

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Hellfire said:

So, according to you, the highest concentration of the critical thinkers should be found in a madhouse. Yeah, sure. I have no time discussing anything with intellectually dishonest people.
P.S. On one thing I agree with you, though. You are somebody who is on the opposite side of a common sense. Don’t want to use an exact word for it in order not to be banned from the forum (and it is definitely not “a critical thinker”).

QED

On 3/28/2024 at 8:15 PM, gomangosteen said:

As they entered "not guilty" pleas to all charges I presume they are waiting for a trial date while still in custody as police opposed bail.

No hurry!

Someone here may remember the Englishman who swore f... at a female immigration officer and ripped his passport from her hands in Phuket some years back. Recall he was in custody for several months before they got around to his court appearance. 

What happened to the dkhd uk who ripped his passport off a immigration official

• Sad 1

Unfortunately there is little straight up justice here. Even if they only were saving their own lives, the small news clips are in the cops favor. Strange thing, I've never heard a Thai person say how wonderful the police here are. Mind you, I find them very reasonable to deal with

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I've real all the reports, I've thought about this very deeply, and I have consulted with people who know about these things, and the bottom line is that they are <deleted>.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

From  the NZ Newshub yesterday 30 March 2024, interview with Hamish Day's wife:

"I explained [to son Jake  aged 9] they are not alone - he’s with Matt - and we are going to try everything we can to get them home," she told the Herald.  

"It could be weeks, it could be months." 

Jake asked: "Could it be years?"

"And I said, ‘it might be," she told the Herald. 

On 3/29/2024 at 5:30 AM, liddelljohn said:

what would you do if a deranged Thai cop pulls a gun on you ?????? 

Run, if I could. I certainly wouldn't try and disarm him, as that could result in some passerby getting killed and I'd be liable.

Contrary to the movies, a handgun is not accurate on a moving target, and chances are he'd miss, but if it just wasn't my day........... Well, we all gonna die sometime.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/6/2024 at 11:21 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Run, if I could. I certainly wouldn't try and disarm him, as that could result in some passerby getting killed and I'd be liable.

Contrary to the movies, a handgun is not accurate on a moving target, and chances are he'd miss, but if it just wasn't my day........... Well, we all gonna die sometime.

The chances of a hand gun from distance is about the same as a amateur pub team player getting 180

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/6/2024 at 2:00 PM, Barnet1900 said:

It's their word against the most dishonest and corrupt organisation in the land.

Maybe they did it, I've nothing but speculation and experience of dealing with the bib to know only one thing.

The truth won't come out.

NZ has category 6 for full M/C licence so that needs to be accompanied by the appropriate IDP (6L and 6R are not valid in Thailand)