Russian tourist on Pha-ngan Island accused of kicking Thai pregnant woman

webfact

37 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

that thing with removing footwear is really stupid. this is the shop, not your grandma bungalow where she sleeps on the rug, isn't?

according to thai law 8 month pregnant should stay at home, not running whatever biz.

See if you can get admin to change the adjective before Bob.   Stu......

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Goat said:

How woke you are.

Farang isnt a racist term. As the word Caucasian isnt racist. Only to the sensitive woke types.

And considering your user name it is a bit rich for you to be claiming that.

Not sure if we're on the same page regarding "wokism" but thank you for speaking out about the word 'farang' not being a racist term.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.... But, in more 'backward' area's of Thailand its still the norm. 

I've walked into loads of shops with my shoes on then...

- I've either noticed and apologised and taken off my shoes and left them by the door. 

- I've either noticed and apologised and been told not to worry about it.

- Its been pointed out and I've apologised and taken off my shoes (no biggie).

BUT... IF I walk into any shop and the shop assistant starts getting rude with me and yelling... I'm going to tall them to flook awf and walk out.

In area's of high tourist footfall there is a 'familiarity breeds contempt' situation whereby many Thai's are fed up and perpetually angry at 'rude foreigners' so their skin is very thin and they get unjustly upset very quickly...  

This 'thin skinned' reaction is not uncommon in area's of very high tourist footfall. 

-----------

I recall looking at an item in a Thai shop (in Samui) and asking how much it was. 

Thank you... was my response. 

Then the shop assistant got angry and started telling me I'm a bad farang if I don't want to buy...  she got agitated so I ignored her and walked out...  no negotiation, no conversation - Just an agitated rude person nothing good at all was going to come of any further interaction.

Absolutely agree, seems like some of them are angry prior to me even opening the door.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because it was reported in the OP.   Intonation and certain internationally understood profanities are easily interpreted.

Yep, there is one 4 + 3 letter words that are globally understood......😉

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

This was all on CCTV - why is there only one photo then ?

Because, in assault situations such as this, the last thing on the victims mind is ensuring that she satisfies the unreasonable expectations of Asean Now's criminal investigation bureau by checking that the police or media have released every frame of the CCTV.

In assault situations such as this ??....    the assault is an unproven accusation... its not an assault situation. 

In accusation such as this, when CCTV captures something damning its pedalled throughout the media.... 

The absense of any CCTV footage brings the veracity of the accusation into question, particularly when there are screenshots of the CCTV footage.

We've seen this plenty of times before when footage is clipped short and shows one part of a confrontation without presenting balance and the full story.

Do you really think its unreasonable to doubt the accusation when there is no evidence yet CCTV was clearly running ?????

Do you really think its unreasonable to want to see evidence (CCTV footage) before passing judgement ?

Perhaps I am to cynical - but I just do not blindly believe the story presented by social media and Thai media when it is so absent of any fact.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1