Russian tourist on Pha-ngan Island accused of kicking Thai pregnant woman

webfact

Perhaps all visitors to Thailand should be warned that pointing the foot at someone in Thailand is strictly no no. To kick someone is the ultimate. But then the Thais do it all the time. Kick someone I mean, but not point with the foot. And if the visitor sees shoes outside a premises, take their shoes off before entering and make sure you choose a good pair on leaving.😄 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you not think the police have already reviewed it in order to issue a summons?

doubtful. it would make things so easy. just release the footage. it's not really a big deal at all.

• Like 1

As soon as I saw "Later, Ploy discovered the Russian woman’s Instagram account and shared it in the group." I was suspicious.
Funny how she was able to discover some stranger's Instagram account so easily.

Thai PBS says the Russian woman has surrendered herself to the police but doesn't give her side of the story.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Farang's kicking Thai women is becoming as popular as   bags  of cash being forgotten on back seats of Bangkok taxi's....

Edited by actonion

17 hours ago, NativeBob said:

that thing with removing footwear is really stupid. this is the shop, not your grandma bungalow where she sleeps on the rug, isn't?

according to thai law 8 month pregnant should stay at home, not running whatever biz.

Yeh it's highly unusual for a busy cafe to have a no shoes policy with bar and kitchen staff all without shoes. It doesn't really make much sense and maybe something is lost in translation. Either way her behaviour is out of line if that is what she did and she should be sent packing. She was already caught and made an apology according to other sources

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jeffriesbkk said:

Rubbish. Never taken my shoes off in a shop in 25 years. You only take shoes off in Thai homes and some Indian Thai offices.

This woman should not have been working if almost due. Most Russian women here look ro8gh nut i will give her the benefit of the doubt. its open season on white skin peopke at the moment.

Dont go to Phuket.

Guess you've never gone for a massage......

Not a good country to lose your temper in, a little detachment could save you your visa, money and sometimes your freedom. The lack of detachment in many adults be they Thai or Farang always surprises me, just walk away, it saves so much drama. The propensity to violence is a sign of the times, I once saw a picture of a single policeman on horseback at a major football match in England in 1912, the caption explained that the lone policeman was only there as a comfort to the thousands of onlookers, today a battalion of policeman with stab proof jackets would be needed to quell any drunken violence.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, NativeBob said:

that thing with removing footwear is really stupid. this is the shop, not your grandma bungalow where she sleeps on the rug, isn't?

according to thai law 8 month pregnant should stay at home, not running whatever biz.

It is strange but then again who knows about the foot wear there are shops around her in Pathum Thani that they ask you to remove footwear.  Just part of living in Thailand

Sorr NB but I think that is the russian,  Would prefer a getter pick of her though LOL

58 minutes ago, jeffriesbkk said:

Rubbish. Never taken my shoes off in a shop in 25 years. You only take shoes off in Thai homes and some Indian Thai offices.

This woman should not have been working if almost due. Most Russian women here look ro8gh nut i will give her the benefit of the doubt. its open season on white skin peopke at the moment.

Dont go to Phuket.

Strange comments.

If you live in Bangkok (or any other city) as your moniker suggests, then keeping shoes on in shops is normal. Bangkok is not Thailand.

I was talking about Thailand where I have found shoe removal is the norm. Even in our local immigration office until recently.

This incident happened on a small rural island. Not in a city.

'Open season on white skin people'? That is only a complaint from foreigners regarding the bad press that some white skinned people are creating.

Let's see.

Swiss kicking a doctor

Kiwis beating up a policeman

Russian kicking a pregnant lady

etc etc

I suggest that it is open season on entitled idiots who happen to have white skin.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Goat said:

The Brits were winning every month from November to January, but they now have some serious competition.

The Russian Karen being todays case. Who will it be tomorrow?

Yeh, we have a bit of catching up to do 🙂 We've been knocked off our pedestal!

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

As soon as I saw "Later, Ploy discovered the Russian woman’s Instagram account and shared it in the group." I was suspicious.
Funny how she was able to discover some stranger's Instagram account so easily.

Thai PBS says the Russian woman has surrendered herself to the police but doesn't give her side of the story.

The Russian has pleaded guilty.

That suggests 'her side of the story'.

(She blamed her hormones.)

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Not forgetting the Brits, Americans, Kiwies, etc.

I'm not sure what a Kiwie is, but if you meant Kiwi the post you quoted mentioned New Zealanders. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Yeh it's highly unusual for a busy cafe to have a no shoes policy with bar and kitchen staff all without shoes.

Location and context.

KPN is a small rural island in the Gulf.

Still very 60/70's at times. (especially all of the drugs.)

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Sorry that my PArkinson's typing upsets you.

There's no need to capitalize the first 2 letters in Parkinsons.

My failing eyesight and arthritic fingers mean my posts are riddled with blue lines before I edit. 😁

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Strange comments.

If you live in Bangkok (or any other city) as your moniker suggests, then keeping shoes on in shops is normal. Bangkok is not Thailand.

I was talking about Thailand where I have found shoe removal is the norm. Even in our local immigration office until recently.

This incident happened on a small rural island. Not in a city.

'Open season on white skin people'? That is only a complaint from foreigners regarding the bad press that some white skinned people are creating.

Let's see.

Swiss kicking a doctor

Kiwis beating up a policeman

Russian kicking a pregnant lady

etc etc

I suggest that it is open season on entitled idiots who happen to have white skin.

Crackdown on Foreigners Breaking Law: Thai Authorities Shut Down Car Rental

Immigration officers told to increase screening of foreigners in Thailand

Thailand to tax all foreign income

It is all related. The economy is in dire straits, so lets squeeze out Farang money.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, stoner said:

the footage of this needs to be presented. the shop has cctv.

Agreed. While not coming to any thought conclusion ... kicking someone in the groin wearing such a long skirt?

33 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Not forgetting the Brits, Americans, Kiwies, etc.

Hey, we Americans love animals....the Horse did not complain about the sex with the American....5555.

• Haha 1

There's no way the Russian woman could kick anything higher than the shin in that dress.  I'd like to see the footage of the Thai woman being kicked in the groin.  Why not just claim it was a kick to the belly? 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Noel Fenton said:

Display in several languages on entry.

“please remove shoes”

I doubt folk habitually read stuff outside shops, unless "FREE" sticks out. .....  🤗

But it seems there is no need for 'some' to see the whole video to show the Russian's innocence............🤭

A rather silly Russian, who will now be investigated in many areas...🥴

13 hours ago, jvs said:

She teaches Yoga and claims her hormones are out of wack,that is why she became violent.

Work permit?

Seems her Yoga is a waste of time then..........🤗

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Perhaps all visitors to Thailand should be warned that pointing the foot at someone in Thailand is strictly no no. To kick someone is the ultimate. But then the Thais do it all the time. Kick someone I mean, but not point with the foot. And if the visitor sees shoes outside a premises, take their shoes off before entering and make sure you choose a good pair on leaving.😄 

back in the day we used to read the lonely planet, it told you the 'do's & don't's when in Thailand, and some cultural things, shame the FB generation don't read these things

• Like 1