Russian tourist on Pha-ngan Island accused of kicking Thai pregnant woman

webfact

1 minute ago, transam said:

If I find out anything new tonight, I will let you know tomorrow................😋

Though I hope the plaintiff lady doesn't read here..............😂

I do hope to see a follow up as these stories do interest me... 

Not so much the event itself... but from a sociological and psychological point of view... i.e. what everyone reads into the reports of these events, how the media tone influences our bias etc.

I'm also interested in the follow up as more often than not, after the initial damning news story and ensuing debates etc there is rarely any follow up and things just turn quiet...   

8 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Section 326. Defamation

Whoever, imputes anything to the other person before a third person in a manner likely to impair the reputation of such other person or to expose such other person to be hated or scorned, is said to commit defamation, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or fined not exceeding twenty thousand Baht, or both.

A Russian..........😂

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

>>> also in Hebrew, Malay and Swahili.
What if thai "lady" was a former student of Moscow State University's faculty of Russian Literature and she used to read "War and Peace" in original?

No limits for imagination indeed.
It's getting entertaining )

How stupid! Ask yourself what is most common. That a Thai and a Russian can have mutual understanding of English, or that one of them knows the other ones language?

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

The CCTV footage has been presented to the police. Not to AN readers.

From the article in The Thaiger

Yes, Ploy did provide the footage to the police.  But it was Ploy who posted the two photos to the Facebook group.  It was Ploy who selected which frame grabs to post, not the police.  And it was Ploy who posted the Russian's Instagram account.

I'ma bet if the Russian lady survives the pitchforks-and-torches mob justice, the real story will be quite different.

• Like 1

Just now, NoDisplayName said:

Are you saying a foreigner, in particular a Russian lady, cannot avail themselves of the Thai justice system?

Under Thai defamation laws, I don't know, but I do know that the Russian will have to pay out for a Thai lawyer, wait for the hearing, probably lose her flight home, probably lose and pay damages, all for a possible 500 bht.........😥

Now if your defamation thing is correct, the Russian can do that now if she is innocent of assaulting the shop lady.....YES/NO.........🤭

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Under Thai defamation laws, I don't know, but I do know that the Russian will have to pay out for a Thai lawyer, wait for the hearing, probably lose her flight home, probably lose and pay damages, all for a possible 500 bht.........😥

Now if your defamation thing is correct, the Russian can do that now if she is innocent of assaulting the shop lady.....YES/NO.........🤭

The Russian lady is local according to Thaiger.

According to her bio, the foreigner claimed to be an actress, model, and designer based in Koh Pha Ngan.

As to defamation, I don't believe it matters whether the accusations are true or not.  There's nothing in the legal text about statements being false, only that they harm the other party's reputation.  That's why people get fined or jailed for bad restaurant reviews.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

The Russian lady is local according to Thaiger.

As to defamation, I don't believe it matters whether the accusations are true or not.  There's nothing in the legal text about statements being false, only that they harm the other party's reputation.  That's why people get fined or jailed for bad restaurant reviews.

Local, and didn't know the shop was for no shoes, looks too young for a long stay visa too, perhaps a pole dancer eh.......🤭

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Local, and didn't know the shop was for no shoes, looks too young for a long stay visa too, perhaps a pole dancer eh.......🤭

We still only have one side of the story.  But there are further developments.

If you follow the links on the Facebook group page, you find (google translated):

However, after a recent social media splash, Koh Phangan Police and TM. He became active and alert while he was in the process of summoning the Russian madams for questioning and checking his passport background whether he was using a tourist visa or a work visa.

https://mgronline.com/south/detail/9670000024299

11 minutes ago, transam said:

She teaches Yoga and claims her hormones are out of wack,that is why she became violent.

Work permit?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PPGuy said:

Seems like a posters request for a follow up has been answered.........

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/russian-tourist-on-pha-ngan-island-accused-of-pregnant-woman/

Thanks... Still no CCTV though... But the Russian woman has 'reportedly confessed to the assault'... 

Is the pic (liked article) is that the Russian woman's fella thinking...  gawd... she's done it again ?

She is apparently a Model... Aliona Kupriyanova (and can be found online).

So.. If story is true: 

1) Russian woman walks into shop with sandals on (shop has no shoes sign)

2) Thai woman asks the Russian to remove her sandals

3) Russian woman goes ballistic and unloads a verbal barrage of abuse and kicks the pregnant Thai woman

4) Innocent Thai woman seeks medical assistance before reporting to the authorities

So... the Russian woman goes from Zero to Incandescent with rage just because she was asked to take off her shoes ????

There is either something very wrong with the mentality of the Russian woman, Or, there is still more to this story than we are reading....

i.e. was there an altercation that when back and forth with abuse from both sides before it turned violent ?

Has the Russian woman just been told to apologise and the issue will go away ?...   

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

The pictures in the article of the Russian, look like they are stills from a CCTV recording, you can see the yellow timing line with a blob on the line showing when/time in the video the still is from..

1 hour ago, Martin71 said:

The pictures in the article of the Russian, look like they are stills from a CCTV recording, you can see the yellow timing line with a blob on the line showing when/time in the video the still is from..

Yup... so why is the full video not being shown ?

I know guys are stating that its not for the Authorities to release a video with evidence for the whim of Aseannow detectives etc...

BUT.. usually, when there is a CCTV showing damning actions of people doing something wrong in Thailand, its circulated across all social media before we are past the first page of comments on this forum... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... so why is the full video not being shown ?

I know guys are stating that its not for the Authorities to release a video with evidence for the whim of Aseannow detectives etc...

BUT.. usually, when there is a CCTV showing damning actions of people doing something wrong in Thailand, its circulated across all social media before we are past the first page of comments on this forum... 

Yes.. just releasing it would have made more sense..and saved a lot of speculation and perhaps animosity towards falang... glad she has now gone to a police station and confessed..

UPDATE:

Foreign Woman Blasted On Thai Social Media For Allegedly Kicking A Pregnant Woman
by TNR Staff

image.jpeg

The woman identified as a Russian by two social media users who said she kicked the pregnant coffee shop owner after being told to remove her shoes. Photos shared by Satika Oz, reshared by Red Skull and published by Amarin TV

TWO THAI social media users alleged that a Russian woman kicked a heavily pregnant Thai woman upon being asked to take off her shoes at the latter’s coffee shop on Koh Phangan, Amarin TV said today (Mar. 19).

An X user, Red Skull, circulated photos taken by Facebook user, Satika Oz, allegedly showing the Russian woman at the coffee shop with captions asking netizens to inform them if they saw her.

Later Satika Oz, said the suspect had been found and legal action against her started.

Red Skull had said in the caption: “This is the person who kicked a shop owner who told her to take off her shoes, but she refused to do so and criticised the shop owner for being rude.

“When she was asked to leave, she kicked her.

“Police report has been filed and she also has a medical certificate from the hospital. Now we are waiting for the police to summon her.”

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-20

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, 2long said:

How do we know the language was abusive? Sometimes I listen to Chinese people (who maybe discussing what to have for lunch) and to me it sounds like they're about to kill each other.

Is this the next episode of the anti-farang agenda?

But if true, this is disgusting behaviour.

But kicked an 8 months pregnant woman. that alone sort of supports the Thai version of events

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Well, I hear the Fa.. word all then time while I am not supposed to use the N. word? My conclusion is that no one is more racist than the Thais. 

Farang is not abusive, it simply means (Caucasian) foreigner. The N-word IS abusive. I find Thai people to be extremely welcoming and tolerant of other people and cultures. Expect it to change as more entitled misbehaving pos from around the world keeps attacking them physically...

Edited by Excogitator
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, NativeBob said:

that thing with removing footwear is really stupid. this is the shop, not your grandma bungalow where she sleeps on the rug, isn't?

according to thai law 8 month pregnant should stay at home, not running whatever biz.

Bob, for a 'native', you don't seem to know much about Thailand at all..

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

A pregnant Thai woman turned to social media for justice after a Russian woman kicked her yesterday

Cops are being kept busy rounding up all these psycho foreigners. 

15 hours ago, John Drake said:

Russians, Swiss, and New Zealanders trying to see who can act the most primitive.

They didn't like being behind the Brits for outlandish episodes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Not sure if we're on the same page regarding "wokism" but thank you for speaking out about the word 'farang' not being a racist term.

"Woke or wokism" can be on any page, IMO, best if on no page at all.. The word is now meaningless as it has being overused. It's generally used now by people who aren't able to express their thoughts using a greater vocabulary, or they think they're being trendy.

• Thanks 1

I used to live on KPG, there are a lot of stores that demand you wear footwear due to all the barefooted Sri Thanu dudes with dirty feet.

Wouldn't be shocked at the escalation of events though. Anyways, would like to see the video

• Agree 1