Russian tourist on Pha-ngan Island accused of kicking Thai pregnant woman

webfact

1 minute ago, transam said:

I doubt folk habitually read stuff outside shops, unless "FREE" sticks out. .....  🤗

But it seems there is no need for 'some' to see the whole video to show the Russian's innocence............🤭

A rather silly Russian, who will now be investigated in many areas...🥴

I have little doubt that the Russian woman behaved in a rude and entitled manner, but I do question how she could deliver a kick to the groin with the dress and shoes she's wearing. 

People go straight to the emotional response without examining the most basic evidence.  The Thai woman is obviously looking for a payout. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Crackdown on Foreigners Breaking Law: Thai Authorities Shut Down Car Rental

That Car rental business was shut down because of money laundering.

By Thais.

But I understand your sentiments.

Today, authorities raided and shut down a car rental company in Thalang District, discovering Thai nationals involved in money laundering, reported Thai Rath.

1 minute ago, Bobthegimp said:

I have little doubt that the Russian woman behaved in a rude and entitled manner, but I do question how she could deliver a kick to the groin with the dress and shoes she's wearing. 

People go straight to the emotional response without examining the most basic evidence.  The Thai woman is obviously looking for a payout. 

Another AN comment in the vein of 'blame the victim'.

PS the Russian has said that she did it.

• Like 1

In view of all the misbehaving foreigners, I hope that Immigration will not think: "We must increase the documents that tourists and resident foreigners must show to get a visa (extension)." Perhaps they will require a certificate as proof showing that you have attended classes on moral education and ethical behaviour.

Just now, Tropicalevo said:

Another AN comment in the vein of 'blame the victim'.

PS the Russian has said that she did it.

I didn't blame anyone. 

Do you think a payout will be involved?  Perhaps several months or years worth of a clerk's salary?

I've been visiting Thailand for 2 decades and spend most of my time here now. Never had a problem with anyone. It baffles me as to how some people can't get through their time here without conflict. 

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

-----

I recall looking at an item in a Thai shop (in Samui) and asking how much it was. 

Thank you... was my response. 

Then the shop assistant got angry and started telling me I'm a bad farang if I don't want to buy...  she got agitated so I ignored her and walked out...  no negotiation, no conversation - Just an agitated rude person nothing good at all was going to come of any further interaction.

Are you sure you said Thank you, is that what really happened. Where is the CCTV to prove it? If no video it never happened that way 🤣 🤣 🤣 

20 hours ago, NativeBob said:

that thing with removing footwear is really stupid. this is the shop, not your grandma bungalow where she sleeps on the rug, isn't?

according to thai law 8 month pregnant should stay at home, not running whatever biz.

Let's see the video. Wouldn't be surprised if there was an assault. Just sad that now it's a female farang causing this kind of trouble. Maybe Putin needs to start enlisting some of this female hate into his army. 

18 hours ago, transam said:

It is a thread, we have been given a story and a couple of photos of the Russian bird assaulter taken from CCTV, that's it.........

Let's see what the future brings......😁

But you do seem to be blaming the Thai lady, when you don't know the full facts because of "your own personal story", now that doesn't cut, chum....:whistling:

It seems my stance was right, Russian guilty of assault........Now let's see if this hi-so Russian is 100% legit..........😋

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, renaissanc said:

In view of all the misbehaving foreigners, I hope that Immigration will not think: "We must increase the documents that tourists and resident foreigners must show to get a visa (extension)." Perhaps they will require a certificate as proof showing that you have attended classes on moral education and ethical behaviour.

It's just a news cycle.

Things like this are often orchestrated to distract the populace from the more damaging things being done to them by the people in power.  Focus the rage against an external foe while you rob them blind and pass legislation to further the power of the ruling class.  Kind of like what has been done in the West over the past few years. 

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Agree 2

Was on Ch32 this morning, the CCTV from the street  shows the Russian entering the shop, then looks like her being pushed out of the shop. Russian woman with the police grovelling on her knees to the shopkeeper, the shopkeeper was speaking excellent English, didn't catch wether charges have been made.

Also a sign outside asking for shoes to be removed. 

I guess that Russian had abused vodka!

So he was not in a way to make the difference between:

- a pregnant woman and a soccer ball

- a Thai shop and a soccer stadium

So he could not figure out, why he had to remove his shoes...

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

I had a run in with a Russian guy a while back he damaged the wing mirror on my car which is only a year old and cost over a million baht there beginning to think they own the island especially now this government have handed them out free visa’s 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Wrong for making such a fuss to for some-one to remove their shoes ... its not a legal requirement. Wrong for assaulting a woman, especially a pregant one. This could have been easily avoided. 

When it is a private shop it is a legal requirement.

Their shop their rules,take it or leave it.

Yes could and should have been avoided.

17 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Can we assume you are a woman with skirt wearing experience...?

Can we assume, by you, she was kicked in the groin, I do not recall reading that...?

I recall reading a pregnant Thai lady was kicked by a Russian lady over a shop request for patrons..........:coffee1:

2 hours ago, Wrwest said:

Agreed. While not coming to any thought conclusion ... kicking someone in the groin wearing such a long skirt?

with everything that has been happening lately it may be best to show the footage. make it a big deal. they showed the footage of the doctor being kicked in the back.

i just hope this footage is released as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

In the last couple of weeks we have Russians, Swiss, Kiwis, Brits and more abusing Thais time for a money making opportunity🤔

9,200+ Russian Dolls Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free ...

Observe how these are all countries that often exhibit a sense of moral superiority

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.... But, in more 'backward' area's of Thailand its still the norm. 

I've walked into loads of shops with my shoes on then...

- I've either noticed and apologised and taken off my shoes and left them by the door. 

- I've either noticed and apologised and been told not to worry about it.

- Its been pointed out and I've apologised and taken off my shoes (no biggie).

BUT... IF I walk into any shop and the shop assistant starts getting rude with me and yelling... I'm going to tall them to flook awf and walk out.

In area's of high tourist footfall there is a 'familiarity breeds contempt' situation whereby many Thai's are fed up and perpetually angry at 'rude foreigners' so their skin is very thin and they get unjustly upset very quickly...  

This 'thin skinned' reaction is not uncommon in area's of very high tourist footfall. 

-----------

I recall looking at an item in a Thai shop (in Samui) and asking how much it was. 

Thank you... was my response. 

Then the shop assistant got angry and started telling me I'm a bad farang if I don't want to buy...  she got agitated so I ignored her and walked out...  no negotiation, no conversation - Just an agitated rude person nothing good at all was going to come of any further interaction.

Not sure why this comment got so many 'confused faces' 
I think you raised some logical valid points here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Not forgetting the Brits, Americans, Kiwies, etc.

By 'Kiwies' we presume you mean New Zealanders, which of course were not forgotten in the post you were quoting.

Are you mentally stable?

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 3:49 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you really think that you're in any position to be entitled to her CCTV footage, or to think that such expectation is reasonable, never mind be in a position to "pass judgement"?   

I really think that the thai public is entitled to the CCTV footage in order to form an opinion based on the evidence of the accusation. 

What's presently played out by Authorities and eagerly lapped up by compliant MSM and social media is nothing more than an attempt to divert attention away from the real problems of the country - 10'000 baht scheme delayed and most likely being scrapped, skyhigh indebtness of people, a big part unsecured, sluggish economic growth etc.

• Confused 2

Let's just blame it all to Mercury retrograde, it's started again!😂I posted a week back about farang women not being involved in such chaos, I jinxed it I think 🤔🧐😁

There are many tourists in Thailand who need bulb-changing! You are already in a country where the general light bulbs are questionable, then you add more to it...what do you get? Dimwits! 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The Russian has pleaded guilty.

That suggests 'her side of the story'.

(She blamed her hormones.)

Maybe.  Or police could have politely explained, apologize or be deported, regardless of lack of evidence.

• Confused 2

On 3/19/2024 at 1:29 PM, Goat said:

How woke you are.

Farang isnt a racist term. As the word Caucasian isnt racist. Only to the sensitive woke types.

And considering your user name it is a bit rich for you to be claiming that.

I doubt very much that Caucasian is the right translation of the Thai word "farang ".Technically maybe, it denotes the same class of particulars, but the connotation is  miles apart. What the average Thai associates with the word farang when they  utter the word is certainly not what is usually associated with "CAUCASIAN ". in English. Whitey might be a more accurate translation. Farang has a racial/xenophobic undertone, not as strong as the N word, but it's there nevertheless.