Farang accidently starting a wildfire.....any idea of consequences?

hydraides

BBC breaking news Headlines  :     A farang located in Northern Thailand has caused a massive out of control fire which has engulfed an entire village burning everything in it's path  

14 hours ago, sirineou said:
14 hours ago, hydraides said:

Do you know how it started??

No , probably some cigarette thrown out a car window.  We are near a main country road, just outside the village, and there is a fire on the side of the road almost every day .

the place is a tinderbox 

Wait a few more weeks, the rains will come , we had some yesterday, and were supposed to get more to day, but it has not happen yet, 

We should start getting some rain soon 

We are in Khon Kaen

This was a neighbor burning of his 'garden' I thought someone was shooting a gun off. note the wooden house just over the wall, and close to that car.

49 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

This was a neighbor burning of his 'garden' I thought someone was shooting a gun off. note the wooden house just over the wall, and close to that car.

Yea , It's crazy . I see it every day. And not a bucket of water nearby. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, sirineou said:

Yea , It's crazy . I see it every day. And not a bucket of water nearby. 

In fact the guy that lit it got his face burned and ran away, leaving his M/C there.

On 3/19/2024 at 3:47 AM, hydraides said:

Okay so i didn't start a wildfire but do you know if any farang has been prosecuted and had their visa cancelled been blacklisted for example

Dropped a cigarette on grass which caused a big fire

Or set of a firework and it landing somewhere and cause a fire

Released a chinese latern and got arrested

I am thinking of making a homemade sugar rocket to set off outside......to show my science class...........Actually this will be in a 1km2 x 1km x 1km 1 xkm massive ploughed field with just soil (no chance of wildfire if it lands nearby)............If it flies high and long.......there is a small chance it won't use up all its fuel and small risk of starting a fire far away

Why don't you wait until the bung Fai celebration comes along, after Songkran in Issan

Take your class to the rocket launches and talk to some of the competitors on how they build there rockets

On 3/19/2024 at 6:09 PM, hydraides said:

All this information is accessible from youtube and also which they watch..........

So no need at all for you to make a rocket. Seems you do it more for yourself than to educate.