The owner said if you speak Thai then get out!!

25 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It also boils down to how women are looked at here, and it's from the teachings of Buddha. They see what life is like in other countries and some want it, and have deep seated hate towards men in Asia because of the way they are perceived. This is a small part of a topic......................

Talking about the present day status of women in Buddhism, it can clearly be seen that nuns are placed at an inferior positions as compared to monks. They should speak after the monks have spoken, eat after they have eaten, sit behind the monks in rituals and ceremonies, and cannot hold the highest positions in any ceremony and many more. One of the Gurudhhamas which states that even a senior nun should bow down to a monk who has just been initiated shows how inferior the women have been placed in Buddhism. As already stated, it is said that a female nun can never become a Buddha though she can become an arahant. Very few times, questions have been raised about this inequality and when raised though, have been suppressed by the large number of people who still believe that women should be placed at an inferior position as compared to monks. Even in Taiwan, where nuns status is highest, and where nuns and laywomen far outnumber monks and laymen, only two leaders of orthodox Buddhist sects, Master Yin Shu and Master Xing Yun of Buddha’s Light International, have publicly rejected part of the Eight Garudhammas and other rules and teachings that imply that women are inferior to men and should be treated as such. Few other Buddhists in the country have made such public statements, or given vocal support to equal rights, opportunities, or status for women [11] . In many cases, women themselves have deep rooted feelings that they are inferior to men. They think that they cannot be in the same place as men are because they are more jealous, short tongued, evil, weak, vain, and ignorant and so on. This also makes it difficult to bring out this deep rooted feeling in women and establish a level of confidence in them. During his research, Goodwin found that this concept is changing very rapidly in Taiwan, especially in the young generations. They do not hold these negative views any more. There is also a growing consciousness within the Buddhist community that these negative teachings and unequal rules should be abandoned. This shows that the number of people supporting equality is on the rise. I think Dalai Lama’s effort to eliminate the discrimination of nuns should also be mentioned here. He says that this discrimination causes harm and should be abandoned. He has advocated that reforms should be made. We come to see that Tibetan Buddhism has moved forward in this context. Many of the Tibetan leaders have expressed a desire for improvement of the current conditions.

In the west, I can say that the situation is a bit better. Half of the teachers and leaders in western Buddhism are women. In the west, many view that Buddhist men and women are equal. They get equal opportunities. In Asia, however things are yet to change. The nuns here receive less education, respect, training and material support as compared to the monks. They have very little or no chance of advancement. In some of the countries, women are barred from entering shrines or temples. Not only so, even a monk who supports women of ordination may get severe punishment which can even result to his expulsion. This is a clear illustration to show that things are yet to be changed...............................This is the topic...........................https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinformation?paperid=75673

Actually,  women are this way I think anyway, because of the eternal male ego where he gets to go out and work to provide for his family and he insists on the wife having babies and so has to stay home all the time and care for the babies until they grow up.  Meanwhile, since the wife is tired from caring for the baby, cleaning the house, fixing food for "Master", she loses any desire for him to climb upon her in bed or wherever so what does the man do? goes out to find some other female and then expects her too to be his slave.  In some countries, women are considered to be lower than whale crap.  I have lived in those societies too and am amazed that so many women continue to accept this.  Now I heard on the news today that one of the African country's government is considering lifting the ban on "female circumcism" as it seems the women are not bowing to the men as they used too.  Look around  the world today - especially the "developed" countries - marriage rates dropping, birth rates dropping so drastically that some countries are asking retirees to come back to work, China has had a negative birth rate for 5 years, S. Korea says they won't have enough workers in 20 years due to their .8% birthrate, while Thailand is saying that in x number of years, their population will number half that of today!  Women are I believe, tired of being 2nd or lower class human beings.  Times are changing, women have learned that they can be anything (just about) that a man can be work wise as they are being educated as well.  My opinion anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, bob smith said:

Were you there?

bob.

You have a phone don't you? Film one of these fantasy's. Aren't we done with fake posters on this forum. Why not come back as Thai lady who types English incorrectly or something else? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, alex8912 said:

You have a phone don't you? Film one of these fantasy's. Aren't we done with fake posters on this forum. Why not come back as Thai lady who types English incorrectly or something else? 

…I have no idea what you are talking about.

bob.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

You can easily use your camera idiot. 

Some people have their phones out all day long, looking for useless things to record, then post, to the many who like seeing people hurt, killed, tormented, abused etc. Normal people carry their phones to communicate to others important things. When things like this happen, those before mentioned people are the ones who record to post. Some are necessary, helping to catch people in the acts of hurting others. Most are just to post nonsense that only the bored will find interesting. I'm thinking Bob was talking to this woman and didn't think of shoving a camera in her face to show others how she was acting. He's an adult. It's usually the younger crowd who have their cameras at the ready. Maybe I'm wrong, but I keep my phone in my pocket unless it's needed to call someone.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Some people have their phones out all day long, looking for useless things to record, then post, to the many who like seeing people hurt, killed, tormented, abused etc. Normal people carry their phones to communicate to others important things. When things like this happen, those before mentioned people are the ones who record to post. Some are necessary, helping to catch people in the acts of hurting others. Most are just to post nonsense that only the bored will find interesting. I'm thinking Bob was talking to this woman and didn't think of shoving a camera in her face to show others how she was acting. He's an adult. It's usually the younger crowd who have their cameras at the ready. Maybe I'm wrong, but I keep my phone in my pocket unless it's needed to call someone.

well said mate!

this alex character sounds like a nasty piece of work.

bob.

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

Actually,  women are this way I think anyway, because of the eternal male ego where he gets to go out and work to provide for his family and he insists on the wife having babies and so has to stay home all the time and care for the babies until they grow up.  Meanwhile, since the wife is tired from caring for the baby, cleaning the house, fixing food for "Master", she loses any desire for him to climb upon her in bed or wherever so what does the man do? goes out to find some other female and then expects her too to be his slave.  In some countries, women are considered to be lower than whale crap.  I have lived in those societies too and am amazed that so many women continue to accept this.  Now I heard on the news today that one of the African country's government is considering lifting the ban on "female circumcism" as it seems the women are not bowing to the men as they used too.  Look around  the world today - especially the "developed" countries - marriage rates dropping, birth rates dropping so drastically that some countries are asking retirees to come back to work, China has had a negative birth rate for 5 years, S. Korea says they won't have enough workers in 20 years due to their .8% birthrate, while Thailand is saying that in x number of years, their population will number half that of today!  Women are I believe, tired of being 2nd or lower class human beings.  Times are changing, women have learned that they can be anything (just about) that a man can be work wise as they are being educated as well.  My opinion anyway.

Can I ask honestly .....did anyone sit here and read that whole post?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I think it goes both ways, men are also fed up of women taking them for mugs, working their guts out in a job they do not want to do but they do it for the family and low and behold she runs off with someone else!! (her boss/younger model/richer) JMO

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Expat68 said:

I think it goes both ways, men are also fed up of women taking them for mugs, working their guts out in a job they do not want to do but they do it for the family and low and behold she runs off with someone else!! (her boss/younger model/richer) JMO

Rishi Sunak has the right idea :

Marry a rich woman then play power games with politics to kill your time.

Not that I like him, it just baffles me why most men always settle for the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the fairer sex.

bob.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Peace not War said:

So many toxic comments here. I am sure they would not have the guts to say it to your face Bob. 

they are just trolling mate,

I actually feel quite sorry for many of them..

but it’s all water off a ducks back to me.

bob.

Edited by bob smith

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

It's a shame that many here don't and they think the sun shines out the backside of all thais!

To some, the thai is perfect and can do no wrong. You do have to wonder if many people leave their brains on the plane when they land here!

bob.

No bob its not that people think thai's can do no wrong its because you post unrealistic situations that are completely made up and think you're cool or one of the "in" guys because of it.  No thai resturaunt owner is gonna throw you out because you said hello in Thai, especially if your a regular. Your either making this up to get attention, or you've done or said something else inappropriate in the resturaunt in tge past and were told not to come back. 

3 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No bob its not that people think thai's can do no wrong its because you post unrealistic situations that are completely made up and think you're cool or one of the "in" guys because of it.  No thai resturaunt owner is gonna throw you out because you said hello in Thai, especially if your a regular. Your either making this up to get attention, or you've done or said something else inappropriate in the resturaunt in tge past and were told not to come back. 

Think what you want, Dan.

you are entitled to do so.

bob.

Thais don't want us to speak their language, period. This is something you learn the hard way after investing years of study. However better your Thai is than their very basic Thaiglish, very basic Thaiglish is all you will get from the Thai.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Thais don't want us to speak their language, period. This is something you learn the hard way after investing years of study. However better your Thai is than their very basic Thaiglish, very basic Thaiglish is all you will get from the Thai.

Well one thing is sure you hang with the lowest of low class Thai's. You good buddies with bob?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, marin said:

Well one thing is sure you hang with the lowest of low class Thai's. You good buddies with bob?

nope.

thais from all echelons of society feel exactly the same way, especially the rich and elites.

bob.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JackGats said:

I would love to find out why this is.

any other country they love it when you can speak the lingo.

here you are treated with suspicion at the very least and disdain/contempt at worst.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JackGats said:

True with some here, but a lot want to ,and do learn English. I help at an English school here and I've met a few teens that speak very good English. It's all about desire. My girlfriend speaks and understands English very well. Not perfect, but learning more each day. Those I knew in the US spoke very good English also, and some perfect.

16 hours ago, bob smith said:

Today I was at a restaurant for lunch.

I have been frequenting this place for a while,

the waitresses were always very kind to me and I always tipped handsomely. 

That was until I met the owner this afternoon.

she came in and smiled at me, and I said hello back to her in Thai.

the smile soon disappeared.

I could then hear her bad mouthing me in the back to her chef and waitresses.

farang pood Thai mai Dee, farang kee nok, all the classic one-liners were coming out…

Then she approached my table and told me if I speak Thai again in her restaurant that I should leave immediately and never come back.

So I obliged.

I paid what I owed (3 beers and a sandwich) said thank you in Thai (which really got her riled up) and left.

This is not an isolated incident, I have had many people over the years tell me that foreigners who can speak Thai are no good, I am just shocked as they seemed like really nice people at first.

bob.

I don't even want to know what this fairy tale sounds like after Bob's fourth or fifth beer:clap2:

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes, I read all of the posts of people I know here that are intelligent (based on what they say), and on topics that interest me. It isn't hard to read a few long paragraphs unless English isn't your first language, or you've learned it well enough to comprehend everything a long paragraph says.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

We all hang out with the lowest of low class Thai's !

Mate I dont, and havent for 30 years. Lots of close Thai friends as well. You and I live in different worlds, but both happy. There is a common denominator though. 

19 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I would love to find out why this is.

any other country they love it when you can speak the lingo.

here you are treated with suspicion at the very least and disdain/contempt at worst.

bob.

Jealousy rears it's ugly head many times here. I look at people as all the same, no matter what they own or control. They are. No one is any better than anyone else except by the way they treat others. Being a country leader, king, queen, dictator, president or any other means nothing except that some voted you in or you took control by force. You aren't superior by any means, and many that are rich are there because they took advantage of others, over developed land, bought out people who were jonesing for cash, killed people in their way or did one of many useless jobs moving around money for other rich folk. When your religion says women are inferior, that makes a lot of women fear and dislike the male gender. When you are controlled all of your life by narcissists you learn to hate others, or fear them. If you can speak Thai well here, some look at you as invaders, thinking you will take their women away, when it's their fault they run. Some other nationalities are here for profit, using the locals any way they can. Human trafficking is huge here, which makes women look at all men as takers in some way, because they know others who are being taken advantage of. The more they know the real us, meaning the good farangs that aren't here to use but to take care of some, that like the lifestyle and want to stay, or that have children and want to take them back to their own country for a better life, the more they understand our motives. Bad farangs, users, takers, abusers etc are what makes the rest of us look bad, and in a nation known for gossip, this gets out everywhere, and some believe the lies because they trust the liars more than common sense and personal experience.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, bob smith said:

are they only ‘close’ when you are paying the bill?

No bob. I have never paid a bill for any of them. Most of my close Thai friends are my neighbors who have lived near me in the same mu ban for 25 years. Others are work colleagues. Being in the hospitality business for 30 years means I have friends spread throughout Thailand as well. This place is home to me its that simple.

• Agree 1