The owner said if you speak Thai then get out!!

On 3/20/2024 at 9:22 AM, alex8912 said:

You have a phone don't you? Film one of these fantasy's. Aren't we done with fake posters on this forum. Why not come back as Thai lady who types English incorrectly or something else? 

You type English fantasies incorrectly, so why shouldn't other people.

18 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I first heard that in a Pattaya strip club on Soi Post about 25 years ago and haven't forgotten the truth of it to this day 😂

I replied earlier and asked if you meant the Sleazy but that was in Soi Yamato. At that time the main one in Soi Post would have been the Vegas. Went there a few times after a few in the Dogs B.

Just now, saintdomingo said:

I replied earlier and asked if you meant the Sleazy but that was in Soi Yamato. At that time the main one in Soi Post would have been the Vegas. Went there a few times after a few in the Dogs B.

I only knew the Hot and Cold on Yamato, just down from 2nd Road. I think it was the Nevada where I first heard that expression, way back when it was the Las Vegas.

On 3/19/2024 at 7:55 PM, bob smith said:

Today I was at a restaurant for lunch.

I have been frequenting this place for a while,

the waitresses were always very kind to me and I always tipped handsomely. 

That was until I met the owner this afternoon.

she came in and smiled at me, and I said hello back to her in Thai.

the smile soon disappeared.

I could then hear her bad mouthing me in the back to her chef and waitresses.

farang pood Thai mai Dee, farang kee nok, all the classic one-liners were coming out…

Then she approached my table and told me if I speak Thai again in her restaurant that I should leave immediately and never come back.

So I obliged.

I paid what I owed (3 beers and a sandwich) said thank you in Thai (which really got her riled up) and left.

This is not an isolated incident, I have had many people over the years tell me that foreigners who can speak Thai are no good, I am just shocked as they seemed like really nice people at first.

bob.

Nonsense again from you

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I only knew the Hot and Cold on Yamato, just down from 2nd Road. I think it was the Nevada where I first heard that expression, way back when it was the Las Vegas.

Ah the famous Hot and Cold, good to hear these old names again.

4 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

The law says that you do not damage a person's reputation. It also says that in a private matter the truth is not a defence. In this case the lady is speaking on behalf of the business not as a private individual.

As I am neither Thai nor a lawyer, where this leaves things I have no idea.

You Saint Domingo should be thanked for your Navy Seal service Sir ,not pulled down .

Love to know more about how you won the Purlple Heart , 

Thankyou for your service 

• Sad 1

On 3/19/2024 at 6:55 PM, bob smith said:

Today I was at a restaurant for lunch.

I have been frequenting this place for a while,

the waitresses were always very kind to me and I always tipped handsomely. 

That was until I met the owner this afternoon.

she came in and smiled at me, and I said hello back to her in Thai.

the smile soon disappeared.

I could then hear her bad mouthing me in the back to her chef and waitresses.

farang pood Thai mai Dee, farang kee nok, all the classic one-liners were coming out…

Then she approached my table and told me if I speak Thai again in her restaurant that I should leave immediately and never come back.

So I obliged.

I paid what I owed (3 beers and a sandwich) said thank you in Thai (which really got her riled up) and left.

This is not an isolated incident, I have had many people over the years tell me that foreigners who can speak Thai are no good, I am just shocked as they seemed like really nice people at first.

bob.

Eight pages of people feeding the troll, the management must be very happy with the clicks. I remember when this forum used to be slightly useful, now it has become this, but as long as the clicks and views keep coming....

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 21.56.55.png

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/20/2024 at 9:53 AM, fredwiggy said:

Some people have their phones out all day long, looking for useless things to record, then post, to the many who like seeing people hurt, killed, tormented, abused etc. Normal people carry their phones to communicate to others important things. When things like this happen, those before mentioned people are the ones who record to post. Some are necessary, helping to catch people in the acts of hurting others. Most are just to post nonsense that only the bored will find interesting. I'm thinking Bob was talking to this woman and didn't think of shoving a camera in her face to show others how she was acting. He's an adult. It's usually the younger crowd who have their cameras at the ready. Maybe I'm wrong, but I keep my phone in my pocket unless it's needed to call someone.

Oh. Some call it proof! 

On 3/20/2024 at 12:10 PM, BritManToo said:

You're living in a dream!

Rather a dream than the nightmare some live in eh BMT?

On 3/20/2024 at 12:02 PM, bob smith said:

don’t like being reminded of your precarious status as a farang then?

bob.

Get off the alcohol bob, its making you paranoid. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Eight pages of people feeding the troll, the management must be very happy with the clicks. I remember when this forum used to be slightly useful, now it has become this, but as long as the clicks and views keep coming....

It seems some people struggle to understand the underlying purpose of the ‘The Pub’ sub-forum.

As dumb as I think the thread is, it’s in the right spot & clearly you aren’t Joseph…

If you want ‘Useful stuff’ don’t read a sub-forum designed for silly lighthearted stuff… 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Joseph I absolutely agree

I would like to see more posts on the many academic and intellectual topics such as the Psychometrics of air & combustion.

Unfortunately and believe me I'm not being stereotyping but many on here are not the academic and well read like myself and yourself 

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2024 at 12:35 PM, richard_smith237 said:

It seems some people struggle to understand the underlying purpose of the ‘The Pub’ sub-forum.

As dumb as I think the thread is, it’s in the right spot & clearly you aren’t Joseph…

If you want ‘Useful stuff’ don’t read a sub-forum designed for silly lighthearted stuff… 

Fair point, taken, but seriously - made up guff like this??

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/21/2024 at 10:57 PM, josephbloggs said:

Ironically you just added to the clicks and the views by commenting... As I have myself just done!  It is the pub forum though mate so it's not exactly going to be an intellectual experience. In fact I've sort of enjoyed the last 15 minutes reading it. Well not really. I'm just avoiding doing some housework! 

On 3/21/2024 at 9:57 PM, josephbloggs said:

Eight pages of people feeding the troll, the management must be very happy with the clicks.

Suspect "bob smith" is a paid shill. So yes, management's happy getting a return.

• Thanks 2

On 3/22/2024 at 2:22 PM, BritManToo said:

If they really are trying to get me, am I still paranoid?

The guys on the road are. Not on purpose just reckless.