The owner said if you speak Thai then get out!!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, marin said:

This place is home to me its that simple.

what kind of visa are you on?

if you are on a temporary extension of stay and not yet a thai citizen then I would be very careful calling this place home. 

The powers that be could revoke your current visa status at the drop of a hat!

bob.

Edited by bob smith

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

if you are on a temporary extension of stay and not yet a thai citizen then I would be very careful calling this place home. 

The powers that be could revoke yor current visa status at the drop of a hat!

bob. Dont preach to me. Dont ask me what kind of visa I am on. I am doing just fine. Now you......................

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marin said:

bob. Dont preach to me. Dont ask me what kind of visa I am on. I am doing just fine. Now you......................

don’t like being reminded of your precarious status as a farang then?

bob.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, marin said:

Mate I dont, and havent for 30 years. Lots of close Thai friends as well. You and I live in different worlds, but both happy. There is a common denominator though. 

You're living in a dream!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

True with some here, but a lot want to ,and do learn English. I help at an English school here and I've met a few teens that speak very good English. It's all about desire. My girlfriend speaks and understands English very well. Not perfect, but learning more each day. Those I knew in the US spoke very good English also, and some perfect.

You are speaking about English here, not Thai.

"Why should I speak Thai with you?" thinks the Thai. "You want me to speak Thai to you? Are you paying me to do so? I'm not getting any money!."

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Negative things happen to you Bob, that do no happen to other long timers here...

Its intriguing to the point you should get a film crew following you around....    then we'd see what really happens outside of your delusions.

He could wear a bodycam.

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

nope.

thais from all echelons of society feel exactly the same way, especially the rich and elites.

bob.

Its is more to do with how you treat them. You claim to be welloff with multiple houses and your trollex watches. They are not stupid and see right thru your bs. You treat them badly and that's what you get back from them. 

If you are a handsome farang, they would giggle at you speaking Thai. Most especially if you are young and handsome. I have seen that wayyyy many times. Sometimes they even forget the existing customer waiting to be served, because they are far mesmerized with a good looking eye candy of a farang speaking in Thai. It happened many times with me just standing and waiting, then they continue the giggle while talking to me as if pulling me for a girl-chat to talk about what just happened.😂

Bob, maybe she likes you and just didn't know how to express it!😂😂

12 hours ago, bob smith said:

The powers that be could revoke your current visa status at the drop of a hat!

bob.

You are sick 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Regyai said:

Well known Thai pearl of wisdom:

"Farang roo maak, mai dee"

I first heard that in a Pattaya strip club on Soi Post about 25 years ago and haven't forgotten the truth of it to this day 😂

2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

The owner must be an ex-hooker. They don't like Thai speaking farang. Bad for business. 

A foreigner that says hello in Thai (at a restaurant) is bad for business how exactly ?

On 3/19/2024 at 3:55 AM, bob smith said:

... and I always tipped handsomely ...

Another BS post,  just a cursory review of some of your recents is clear you are in fact cheap, 

No one gets insulted if you try to thank them in their native tongue, she most likely deemed you an undesirably customer on many levels, did the math and decided the place was better off with out you.

Edited by cobra
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, bob smith said:

don’t like being reminded of your precarious status as a farang then?

bob.

Yet a week ago you were so "so feed up you were gonna leave"  too much alcohol does that  to people bob. 

Maybe it's you Bob. We seem to be living in the same country but also in "opposite" land. I get nothing but smiles when I spek Thai. Maybe you need to get out of Pattaya! I love your stories though. 🙂

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, cobra said:

Another BS post,  just a cursory review of some of your recents is clear you are in fact cheap, 

No one gets insulted if you try to thank them in their native tongue, she most likely deemed you an undesirably customer on many levels, did the math and decided the place was better off with out you.

He probably said or did inappropriate things to the waitresses in the past while drunk and they asked him not to come back but he forgot and when the owner came in and saw him she told him to leave. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Maybe it's you Bob. We seem to be living in the same country but also in "opposite" land. I get nothing but smiles when I spek Thai. Maybe you need to get out of Pattaya! I love your stories though. 🙂

Just my honest accounts of daily life here.

I can’t change them. They are what they are and If i think they are worth sharing with the expat community, then I shall continue to do so.

bob.

8 hours ago, bob smith said:

Just my honest accounts of daily life here.

I can’t change them. They are what they are and If i think they are worth sharing with the expat community, then I shall continue to do so.

bob.

I love your exciting life Bob 

I love all your posts too 

I look at you like my online psychologist to get me through those dark days 

Thankyou for your service Bob 🙏

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 7:56 PM, bob smith said:

Yes it is you clown!

you clearly have no idea about Thai law.

why don’t you just keep quiet instead of showing yourself up on here all the time?

bob.

The law says that you do not damage a person's reputation. It also says that in a private matter the truth is not a defence. In this case the lady is speaking on behalf of the business not as a private individual.

As I am neither Thai nor a lawyer, where this leaves things I have no idea.