Songkran festival in Chiang Mai to draw in millions of tourists

webfact

Millions of tourists in a 10 day span?  Logistically that seem like “mission impossible”.  Even if every international and domestic flight was packed along with buses, trains and cars “millions”?  Based upon my experience of living in CNX for over 7 yeas the people here are not as friendly as the image that is portrayed.  The main draw of CNX are 3 things:  1) It is cheap 2) It is cheap 3) It is cheap.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Agree 1

Not just the air, but the construction on the roads in and around the inner city is horrendous.  Big holes in the roadways you have to zig zag to single lanes to get past it creating a major traffic jam now.  Good luck.  Bangkok is actually the best to be from my experience as many leave the city.

If you fancy a good pneumonia or bronchitis (or worse), you should indeed come to Chiang Mai. If not, stay the hell away from the heavy air pollution that plagues the north for months every year and that the authorities can’t be bothered to do something about.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, JoePai said:

seeks to uphold the local Lanna culture  

By soaking everyone with water guns ?

Lanna culture in the 21st Century:  Deadly, choking PM 2.5 "dust" and uncontrolled forest arson and agricultural burning. 

I talked with my wife and she assures me it wasn't like this when she was younger.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1