Condo or house,resale experience?

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That sounds great, where do i sign up 😆, I'd like to hear of one example of someone renting for a year at that price

This reminds me of people who will only pay 60b for a beer. 

A bar is a bar to them. Unable to distinguish.

I think their logic is blinded by their own budget constraints. When you arrived in thailand, i know how much rent you were paying. You are not the target for these condos. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

This reminds me of people who will only pay 60b for a beer. 

A bar is a bar to them. Unable to distinguish.

I think their logic is blinded by their own budget constraints. When you arrived in thailand, i know how much rent you were paying. You are not the target for these condos. 

like i say, 1 example please.

Even you aren't daft enough to pay 30k for a 35m condo long term?

Maybe you have a highfalutin obnoxious friend like you who rents such a place?

Edited by scubascuba3

Selling a 'normal' condo takes ages and you're lucky if you get what you paid for it. (Speaking from experience.)

Things might be different in the high end luxury market. 

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Even you aren't daft enough to pay 30k for a 35m condo long term?

This is the future of pattaya condo's.

In 10 years, most of the bigger room condo's will be rather grotty looking.

Originally i was going to bkk and this price/size was the expectation.

But i have a great workspace here.

2 hours ago, noobexpat said:

In 10 years, most of the bigger room condo's will be rather grotty looking.

That's up to the committee to ensure they are well maintained. They will look older though, you can't make an older condo look brand new outside. Older well looked after condos are much better value, usually people come round to that thinking after a few years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's up to the committee to ensure they are well maintained. They will look older though, you can't make an older condo look brand new outside. Older well looked after condos are much better value, usually people come round to that thinking after a few years

Value is forever subjective.

So 10 year old good value (now) condo's in another 10 years ...they will be interesting to see.

If we took a snapshot of 20 year old condo's now ....which ones are still nice? I'm guessing those ages will be a few of the view talay ones?? None of them look great to me.

1 hour ago, noobexpat said:

Value is forever subjective.

So 10 year old good value (now) condo's in another 10 years ...they will be interesting to see.

If we took a snapshot of 20 year old condo's now ....which ones are still nice? I'm guessing those ages will be a few of the view talay ones?? None of them look great to me.

Check out Royal Cliff, those are 30+ years old still look good. For the others you'll need to check them out

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Check out Royal Cliff, those are 30+ years old still look good. For the others you'll need to check them out

Royal cliff garden is 27 years old ...but the cheapest is 20m baht, up to 40m. That is not typical of pattaya condo's in any way!!

View talay 6 - their premium one i'm guessing - is only 17 years old. Already looking tired. Add 10 onto that ...shall be interesting. 

15 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Royal cliff garden is 27 years old ...but the cheapest is 20m baht, up to 40m. That is not typical of pattaya condo's in any way!!

View talay 6 - their premium one i'm guessing - is only 17 years old. Already looking tired. Add 10 onto that ...shall be interesting. 

Some other older projects that are being maintained:  Northshore, Sky Beach, Garden Cliff, Silver Beach, Saranchol, Park Beach, Pingpha, Baan Rimpha, Jomtien Complex, Grand Condotel, Baan Haad U Thong, Siam Penthouse 3, and Markland, among many others. 

I don't know if View Talay 6 is looking 'tired'--haven't been there recently--but I think the other VTs are being maintained adequately.  I do go to VT3 fairly often and it looks about the same as when I lived there 14 years ago--although it has been recently painted on the outside and the elevators and pool were redone.  I think VT5C and 5D were also repainted.  The VT projects were pretty plain jane from the get-go with most having just a pool so not a long list of fancy amenities to maintain in any of them.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, newnative said:

Some other older projects that are being maintained:  Northshore, Sky Beach, Garden Cliff, Silver Beach, Saranchol, Park Beach, Pingpha, Baan Rimpha, Jomtien Complex, Grand Condotel, Baan Haad U Thong, Siam Penthouse 3, and Markland, among many others. 

I don't know if View Talay 6 is looking 'tired'--haven't been there recently--but I think the other VTs are being maintained adequately.  I do go to VT3 fairly often and it looks about the same as when I lived there 14 years ago--although it has been recently painted on the outside and the elevators and pool were redone.  I think VT5C and 5D were also repainted.  The VT projects were pretty plain jane from the get-go with most having just a pool so not a long list of fancy amenities to maintain in any of them.  

I've not heard of most of those and no doubt some are in the higher value category. I guess in 10 years we shall see how it develops.

On 3/24/2024 at 3:54 PM, Rampant Rabbit said:

Condos  easy to sell, Wifes been doing it for 20  years in Bangkok, dont listen to the BS  of  Thais  only want new, its tripe. They buy second hand  all the time anyone telling you anything  else has no idea. A  few  years  ago she couldnt  keep up with demand, its quieter  now  but they do still sell. 

Ive got no skin in the game and have no involvement in her  affairs, we dont even live in the same area, are 250km apart.

you mean she is an agent that takes her easy 3% for just showing a place?

dumb in 2024 that people don't try to sell themselves...

farang cannot own house and the prices increased because of thai greed together with agents fishing for comission

• Agree 1