A new me is coming...

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

At your age, any more than twice a week is asking for injuries. Twice a week, good, effective resistance training gives your body time to recover.

If you are serious, be careful, stay safe, don't let your ambitions overrule your actual capabilities of your body at that age.

I may not be as old as you think I am…

I’m still down with the kids!! 😄 

bob.

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

I may not be as old as you think I am…

I’m still down with the kids!! 😄 

bob.

You hang out with kids?

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You can walk, row, swim, play tennis,  exercise one muscle group a day, so for a start, it is all about how much intensity you put in. A little activity every day is good for most

I specifically mentioned resistance (weights), the rest is mobility. after the age of 50 the general principle still applies.

Opinions vary of course.

If I wanted to get healthy I would go to Fern Resort. 30,000 baht a month. Pool and great nature. Hiking trail near the resort. Walk and swim everyday. Buy a 5kg dumbell and take there. 

Gyms are overrated imo. 

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Are you guys qualified to offer this?

What qualifications do we need to offer a place to create good healthy routines with facilities and food? We are here to motivate, support, not do health professionals work. We will manage visits to clinics and other health related facilities and professionals. 

I do have several instructor licenses for sport, which involves mental coaching for sport. 

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

If I wanted to get healthy I would go to Fern Resort. 30,000 baht a month. Pool and great nature. Hiking trail near the resort. Walk and swim everyday. Buy a 5kg dumbell and take there. 

Gyms are overrated imo. 

Exactly, if you wanted 😄

Im happy to say we are not for you 😄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

What qualifications do we need to offer a place to create good healthy routines with facilities and food? We are here to motivate, support, not do health professionals work. We will manage visits to clinics and other health related facilities and professionals. 

I do have several instructor licenses for sport, which involves mental coaching for sport. 

Then it is rip off. Id want Dr Phil or David Goggins coaching me for 100,000 baht.

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I specifically mentioned resistance (weights), the rest is mobility. after the age of 50 the general principle still applies.

Opinions vary of course.

I specifically mentioned one muscle group a day, so I guess we agree, if we just skip the details. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Exactly, if you wanted 😄

Im happy to say we are not for you 😄

Yes true. Your joint sounds like it suits the gullible who don't know any better. Charging 3x the price.

Just now, Dolf said:

Then it is rip off. Id want Dr Phil or David Goggins coaching me for 100,000 baht.

As said, your motivation is different from what we search from our customers. We will not be open for everyone, 

As said, your motivation is different from what we search from our customers. We will not be open for everyone, 

Do you teach them muay thai or anything? Sounds like a hippy retreat. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Do you teach them muay thai or anything? Sounds like a hippy retreat. 

I have big bag yes, full equipped gym with aircon. 

Why you think hippy retreat?

you know the marked and whats in it of cost, effort, expertise, location, motivation

One thing, we do not do this for money, if it was, we wouldnt do it even for 150k a month. We do it because we have interest in doing it, and also helping those who understand a concept like this doesnt come cheap. 

Quality food, quality beds, quality lining,  enviroment (we will not run our concept during burning season) There is many details that adds up with Honda crf 300 available, atv, transport, border run, if you want to argue price vs what you get, you are welcome

Agoda has Fern on special 900 baht a night. I think you will struggle to attract people at your prices. If someone has 100,000 to spend they can go to a luxury resort on Koh Chang.

2 hours ago, Dolf said:

Agoda has Fern on special 900 baht a night. I think you will struggle to attract people at your prices. If someone has 100,000 to spend they can go to a luxury resort on Koh Chang.

Then you go to Fern, or Koh Chang for your retreat. 

Im not advertising here on this forum, so no links or photos of where we are, who we are, or when we start. Already have test pilots who we constantly get feedbacks from, and we adjust the concept as we go before finely open for applications. 

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Then you go to Fern, or Koh Chang for your retreat. 

Im not advertising here on this forum, so no links or photos of where we are, who we are, or when we start. Already have test pilots who we constantly get feedbacks from, and we adjust the concept as we go before finely open for applications. 

Good luck.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Opinions vary of course.

You are in line with the latest research.

Resistance training is critical. Last set should be a weight heavy enough so that 1-3 reps is max. Under severe strain, the body produces both HGH and testosterone. The body also responds by building up more calcium in the bones. That all slows the aging process, even reversing it to some extent.

Next is enough sustained exercise so that one improves VO2 Max, the body's ability to utilize oxygen. Dr Peter Attia claims high VO2 max is the #1 thing a person can achieve to minimize all cause mortality.

Finally, mobility drills and balance exercises....which can help prevent injury in the case of a fall. The average person never sprints after age 30, and rarely tests lateral mobility. Try playing pickup basketball, as that tests every movement...forward and backwards, side to side, and jumping.

If Bob is under 50, or above it but in reasonable shape, he should be able to work up to 3 gym visits per week, with light exercise on off days. Mix in some dietary changes, and it's easy to get body fat down to below 15% (for a male), resting heart rate into the low 50s, and all sorts of other benefits, including cognition. Goodbye to Type II diabetes, if one is prone to that.

I'm assuming here that Bob is serious. I see guys 65+ in my gym who are sculpted and fit, with lots of energy and vitality. Just remember people go to the gym to work out, so best to leave the young Thai women alone.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sipi said:

Swim. Good overall workout. And you can't swim and drink at the same time.

Oh, you really don't know bob. He can w*nk, swim, drink, whinge, fart, and piss all at the same time. And that's just when he's collapsed in the toilet. 

Edited by HugoFastor
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

You are in line with the latest research.

Resistance training is critical. Last set should be a weight heavy enough so that 1-3 reps is max. Under severe strain, the body produces both HGH and testosterone. The body also responds by building up more calcium in the bones. That all slows the aging process, even reversing it to some extent.

Next is enough sustained exercise so that one improves VO2 Max, the body's ability to utilize oxygen. Dr Peter Attia claims high VO2 max is the #1 thing a person can achieve to minimize all cause mortality.

Finally, mobility drills and balance exercises....which can help prevent injury in the case of a fall. The average person never sprints after age 30, and rarely tests lateral mobility. Try playing pickup basketball, as that tests every movement...forward and backwards, side to side, and jumping.

If Bob is under 50, or above it but in reasonable shape, he should be able to work up to 3 gym visits per week, with light exercise on off days. Mix in some dietary changes, and it's easy to get body fat down to below 15% (for a male), resting heart rate into the low 50s, and all sorts of other benefits, including cognition. Goodbye to Type II diabetes, if one is prone to that.

I'm assuming here that Bob is serious. I see guys 65+ in my gym who are sculpted and fit, with lots of energy and vitality. Just remember people go to the gym to work out, so best to leave the young Thai women alone.

Oh, FFS, don't turn this into a topic about the real health benefits of exercise. This entire post is just bob trolling everyone and should be treated as such. It's only meant for some quality sh*tz and giggles.