700+ foreigners caught working Thai-only jobs

george

5 hours ago, rwill said:

The town I live in all the people pushing carts around selling coconut ice cream are myanmar/burmese

But the money quite probably goes to a Thai.   They are quick to deport workers and ignore the Thais that brought them here and hired them in order  to pay lower wages out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thailand needs to wake up to the 21st century... migration is a global phenomena and people need to work.

Thailand it seems only wants short term tourism.

Yeah. Exactly.

They also want slaves from Burma/Myanmar and rich retirees.

Essentially they want to eat their cake and have it too.

(or is it they want to have their cake and eat it too?)

Anyway, delusional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 3:20 PM, MrPancake said:

Yeah. Exactly.

They also want slaves from Burma/Myanmar and rich retirees.

Essentially they want to eat their cake and have it too.

(or is it they want to have their cake and eat it too?)

Anyway, delusional.

It's all about money, few rights, and ripping foreign employees off in Thailand.

On 3/24/2024 at 9:06 PM, Celsius said:

Of course not. Everyone here is a multimillionaire that used agents for their retirement extension renewals.

What agent do you use.........?  🤭

• Love It 1

On 3/25/2024 at 11:35 AM, FangFerang said:

But the money quite probably goes to a Thai.   They are quick to deport workers and ignore the Thais that brought them here and hired them in order  to pay lower wages out.

It's all about taking advantage of foreigners. When my landlady refused to file a TM.30 about me, I was the one who got fined at Immigration, while the IO gave a rat's a** about the (Thai) person who was required by law to file such a report. I'm very sure that my landlady wasn't and won't be fined one baht. TiT!

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

It's all about taking advantage of foreigners. When my landlady refused to file a TM.30 about me, I was the one who got fined at Immigration, while the IO gave a rat's a** about the (Thai) person who was required by law to file such a report. I'm very sure that my landlady wasn't and won't be fined one baht. TiT!

This is not about your immigration woes, it is about farangy's KNOWINGLY violating the employment rules in LOS......

You could start your own thread on your immigration story...😉

5 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

You should either have refused to pay or paid under written protest and taken legal action. That may seem a bit drastic but as long as we keep taking it up the rear end, they'll keep giving it.

I've been successful in 2 court actions although admittedly not against Immigration.  I know a lawyer who has taken action against them though and won - twice.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

This is not about your immigration woes, it is about farangy's KNOWINGLY

I think you'll find that the majority of those caught are not Western Foreigners (farang) but other Asians from nearby countries such as Burma, Cambodia and Laos.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/24/2024 at 12:23 PM, george said:

#workers #jobs #thailandnews

IMG_3658.jpeg

-- The Thaiger 2024-03-24

in places like Phuket and Samui it seems that agents will "talk" to local authorities and visas/permits for just about anyone with money to spend

THey really need to look at the gyms, dive schools and property agencies and clear pout all these people who are taking advantage of the Kingdom.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, tompelli said:

How come fallang wives of Thai can work but fallang husbands of Thai cannot? 

Sexual discrimination - most foreigners are unaware - they also use prostitutes.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

You should either have refused to pay or paid under written protest and taken legal action. That may seem a bit drastic but as long as we keep taking it up the rear end, they'll keep giving it.

I've been successful in 2 court actions although admittedly not against Immigration.  I know a lawyer who has taken action against them though and won - twice.

Refuse to pay Immigration fees? Yeah, that will work... I protested though, telling them the one who was supposed to do it according to Thai law, my landlady, had outright refused to do it. I had even done it online by myself instead, but it wasn't accepted (even though it had been accepted online!) But they weren't interested, but just wanted to charge me as the tenant. I was actually there to do my 90-day report, so, yes, screwed either which way. Fortunately, I have left Thailand recently. Will probably stay less than 90 days in the future each time. Good riddance, Thailand... 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

47 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I protested though, telling them the one who was supposed to do it according to Thai law, my landlady, had outright refused to do it.

There have been a few reports on here where people have said their landlord/lady has refused to do the TM30.  I used to wonder why that would be but the publicity surrounding the changes to the Thai taxation system revealed on thing that may offer an explanation - 12.5% property tax on let property.  When you leave that place, maybe a letter to the Revenue Department would be in order?

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1