No More ‘Bananas’ For Potential Move Forward Defectors: Thammanat

webfact

image.jpeg

PALANG PRACHARATH Secretary-General Thammanat Prompao today (Mar. 25) categorically denied allegations that his coalition party might possibly tempt potential Move Forward defectors with payoff in cash.

Thammanat who concurrently performs as agriculture & cooperatives minister told reporters no more “bananas” will be handed out by the Palang Pracharath to any potential MPs who might skip over from the Move Forward to his coalition party, given the possibility that the latter party might be dissolved by court in near future.

In Thailand’s political jargon, “banana” means a payoff in cash earlier alleged of changing hands among politicians in exchange for the recipient to cast votes in accordance with the donor’s whims or skip over from their current party to the donor’s camp for whatever reason.

Thammanat was responding to unconfirmed hearsay that a few Move Forward MPs had quietly met with Palang Pracharath leader Prawit Wongsuwan in alleged pursuit of defection to his coalition party in case that the progressive camp might possibly be dissolved by the Constitutional Court for attempts to amend the draconian lese majeste law, also known as Section 112 of the Criminal Code, which may have been allegedly tantamount to an undermining of rule.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

TOP: Former Move Forward leader Pita Limjaroenrat, right, and Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, left. Photo: Thai Rath

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-26

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

PALANG PRACHARATH Secretary-General Thammanat Prompao today (Mar. 25) categorically denied allegations that his coalition party might possibly tempt potential Move Forward defectors with payoff in cash.

Extortion by Ministry of Agriculture task force exposed by senator

Just another corrupt official.

• Agree 1

Well, bananas are for such low levels like him; real politicians believe in a political agenda and programme - less about money and certainly not about monkey food, Sir! 

But as long as this country is run by such banana lovers, what do you expect, seriously? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thammanat who concurrently performs as agriculture & cooperatives minister told reporters no more “bananas” will be handed out by the Palang Pracharath to any potential MPs who might skip over from the Move Forward to his coalition party, given the possibility that the latter party might be dissolved by court in near future.

I'm done
There's no bananas in my house
This makes me so sad
This is so bad
Now this makes me so mad
I'm angry, I just want some bananas cause I'm hungry
But we got none!
I just want one
I'm about go bananas
So give me a banana now

• Sad 1