CBD products don't ease pain and are potentially harmful, study finds

1 hour ago, LOWERCASEGUY said:

Agree that most CBD extracts are fake.  Then again, about a year ago, most THC extracts you could find in Thailand were fake too.  You had to be really selective who you purchased from because there was zero consistency out in the marketplace.

i guess this might also depend on who you know.  :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, george said:

The article you posted are wrong. CBD has helped me a lot. Insomnia and pain after a traffic accident 6 months ago.

How is the article wrong? It cites a study so are you saying the study is wrong? If so, how?

I mean I'm happy to hear that you found something that helps with your pain because well pain sucks. But how can you be sure it's the CBD and not something else? And how can you be sure it's not a placebo effect? I'm not saying what you experience isn't real. I'm just saying anecdata is always to be taken with a grain of salt and can't invalidate properly conducted studies.

17 hours ago, LOWERCASEGUY said:

I think part of the problem is that way too many people make promises about cannabis that just aren't realistic.  Too many stoner-types who only want to hear good things about weed and if you mention any negatives, they call it drug war propaganda.  

It's that old pendulum swinging to the extremes.  We had 70 or so years of governments lying to us about the harms of cannabis and now we have dudes with ponytails and tiedyed t-shirts saying weed cures cancer.  

I take CBD fairly regularly.  It doesn't have any profounds effects but I do feel a little less stressed out when I take it.  Then again, I feel the same if I'm regularly smoking weed.  Even when I'm not high, things just feel less stressful.  

CBD helps me to calm down.

When i get upset or angry i take a CBD gummy and within 40 minutes i am calm again.

It worked wonders for my Ex who is Bi Polar.

23 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

There is no evidence that CBD products reduce chronic pain, and taking them is a waste of money and potentially harmful to health, according to recent research led by the University of Bath in the UK.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-03-cbd-products-dont-ease-pain.html

There is simply many bad CBD products, and for many medicinal treatments, you often also need THC as well. Sounds like a useless and incompetent study to me. There is hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of medicinal users who have good relief from all these products, and even not using the additional painkillers  on top of that anymore.

Many CBD products in countries are not potent at all, this is again due to the lack of full legalization in those countries. Same as they said extracts here can't have a lot % in it, makes no sense at all.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, stoner said:

i guess this might also depend on who you know.  :)

unfair statement. these products are sold commercially in thailand, not in a back alley. it isn't supposed to be about "who you know".  :)

9 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

unfair statement. these products are sold commercially in thailand, not in a back alley. it isn't supposed to be about "who you know".  :)

not the products i was replying about. re read lowercase original statement.

I've tried CBD at ten times the recommended dose, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It may work for some people.

THC seems to act as a sedative, but it affects my balance.

I find kratom, which is legal in Thailand, gives me back pain relief for 5-6 hours.

On 3/26/2024 at 6:35 AM, stoner said:

i have tried both and for myself only thc (full spectrum extract - so potentially had minimal amounts of cbd and others) worked. cbd balm did nothing for pain.

Didn't work for me either. Tried Kratom took two still had pain took three got a buzz but still had pain. No more snake oil of any kind for me.

On 3/26/2024 at 7:44 PM, george said:

I use CBD for sleep and sometimes for pain. It’s been a life saver for me.

Only use certified CBD products to be safe!

do you buy this in Thailand? can you pm me where or put public?

I have severe insomnia and would like to try... specially something that other people here use and say it actually works

thanks

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 2:55 PM, Foek said:

CBD helps me to calm down.

When i get upset or angry i take a CBD gummy and within 40 minutes i am calm again.

It worked wonders for my Ex who is Bi Polar.

The effects on me are nowhere near as profound but I do know people where the difference is very noticeable.  

On 3/27/2024 at 2:17 PM, stoner said:

i guess this might also depend on who you know.  🙂

Correct, but it shouldn't be that way.  

I spent a lot of time sampling producers via trial and error testing and it took awhile to find the right people.  

Unfortunately someone coming to Thailand on a 10 day holiday is not in a position to do that.  

If it's medicinal, it should be of medicinal quality.  You don't buy aspirin and have to wonder if there's really aspirin in there.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LOWERCASEGUY said:

If it's medicinal, it should be of medicinal quality.  You don't buy aspirin and have to wonder if there's really aspirin in there.  

He is speaking of trying to get the very best quality. The best. Its hard to do. But as he said it does and has always depended on who you know. He often offers to share both knowledge and product as well. In my speak a "true head". 

IMHO...

• Haha 1