Locked my safety box keys inside the safety box

bbi1

My condo complex has a locksmith on call to deal with such events. The couple of times I have used them the charge was 300 Baht. That wouldn't get a locksmith out of bed in my home country.

Speak to whoever is on duty in your condo lobby.

Edited by champers

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, champers said:

My condo complex has a locksmith on call to deal with such events. The couple of times I have used them the charge was 300 Baht. That wouldn't get a locksmith out of bed in my home country.

Speak to whoever is on duty in your condo lobby.

I asked them but they said I need to find one myself 😞 That's why I'm asking here before I start Googling different locksmiths.

Edited by bbi1

There's key cutting guys big c, Pattaya Klang inside, Pattaya Tai outside car park, ask these guys. 

Also key cutting shop, Pattaya Tai, 50 metres west side of TukCom.

I'm sure he can help you. 

I reckon you should buy a combination safe. 😂

Good luck 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

23 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I accidentally locked my safety box keys inside the safety box. Anyone know of any locksmiths who will do in-house calls to come to a condo room in central Pattaya area to come and open up the safety box? Thanks

How can you lock it in that box? Don't you need the key to lock it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How can you lock it in that box? Don't you need the key to lock it?

No, you just turn the handle thing on the front to lock it. It's a similar type of safe that all hotels use.

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

There's key cutting guys big c, Pattaya Klang inside, Pattaya Tai outside car park, ask these guys. 

Also key cutting shop 50 metres west side of TukCom.

I'm sure he can help you. 

I reckon you should buy a combination safe. 😂

Good luck 

Thanks for the recommendation. I really need someone who I'm able to call and for them to come to the condo room.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

Yes, it has a digital keypad and a key lock. I've always been using the key to physically open it as I don't know the digital code to open it.

Well, it is a bit late now, horse bolted and such but, you should have reset the code before you started using it. 

What you have done is akin to locking a scooter key under the seat. You will only do it once. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yes, it has a digital keypad and a key lock. I've always been using the key to physically open it as I don't know the digital code to open it.

There is always a 'factory setting' and/or a master over-ride setting on safes. They are supposed to be changed on installation.

A shot in the dark but try 000000 or 123456. (Both 4 and six digit numbers)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Tropicalevo said:

There is always a 'factory setting' and/or a master over-ride setting on safes. They are supposed to be changed on installation.

A shot in the dark but try 000000 or 123456. (Both 4 and six digit numbers)

Tried those but no luck 😞

Anyway, just called one locksmith and he will come and open it for me today.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Tried those but no luck 😞

Anyway, just called one locksmith and he will come and open it for me today.

When it is open, you might want to try and reset the code?

With the safe unlocked and the door open, look for the rest button.

It could be on the side of the door next to the hinges, or take the battery cover off. Change the batteries at the same time.

Sometimes the reset is a small circle below the battery case. Press it with something small with a point until it beeps.

Enter the new code and press # or B - usually the bottom right hand button.

If you know all of this - apologies.

Or get the locksmith to reset it. They usually use 1234. A tad obvious though.

• Like 1

After you have resolved your problem, hide the key somewhere (other than inside the safe) and get used to using the combination lock.

Whilst the safe is open, locate a small button at the back of the door. pressing this button should cancel any previously set code.

KEEPING THE DOOR OPEN, input a new 4-digit code, one which (hopefully) you will always remember, then press button "B". 

Now, again, KEEPING THE DOOR OPEN, turn the knob as one would normally do after closing the door. The lock should now be activated and you can prove that you have succeeded in this exercise by inputting your code again (followed by pressing button "A" and unlocking the door. N.B. you need to press button "A" every time after inputting your code in order to unlock the mechanism.

By KEEPING THE DOOR OPEN, if you have done anything wrong, and the mechanism will not unlock, you can press the button at the back of the door and start again. 

• Like 1