Plans for Thailand's first nuclear power plant

george

On 3/28/2024 at 8:36 PM, Bobthegimp said:

LNG is the way.

Drill baby, drill.  Don't sell your souls to the Western devils unless you want to end up like Gaddafi et al. 

Nothing wrong with Nuclear but in Thailand I dont think so

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

Yes, next year!

To give an example; Toshiba 4S with the capacity of up to 50MWe needs a 30m deep by 4m wide hole in the ground to house the complete reactor and some small(ish) external building to house the electric generators and any other equipment you might want, like water desalination and hydrogen generator. Passive safety, no maintenance, no operators. Lifespan; 30 years. Don't tell me you can't dig a 30m hole in one year...  

https://newenergyandfuel.com/http:/newenergyandfuel/com/2009/11/05/here-come-the-japanese-nuclear-reactors/

To be honest I have to admit not being physically able to dig that hole. But I'm very curious to watch how you do that🤗

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 1:19 PM, newbee2022 said:

To be honest I have to admit not being physically able to dig that hole. But I'm very curious to watch how you do that🤗

Being smart, and if really needing an SMR, I would just contract the digging of the hole to a company with proper equipment for that task. 😎

On 3/28/2024 at 11:07 AM, lordgrinz said:

Nothing scares me more than knowing Thai's might try running a Nuclear Power plant.

What could possibly go wrong? Brake problems?

• Like 1