World court orders Israel to take action to address Gaza famine

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Many critics of Israeli policy are often critiqued, no surprise Sky News joined in. Her qualifications are outstanding, profile below:

There has been international attention and controversy surrounding Albanese's appointment and tenure as Special Rapporteur. Critics of Albanese have accused her of antisemitism and anti-Israel bias. Human rights groups have said the accusations are illegitimate attempts to discredit her criticism of Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesca_Albanese

Germany & France Condemn UN’s Francesca Albanese for ‘Disgraceful’ Antisemitism

https://unwatch.org/germany-france-condemn-uns-francesca-albanese-for-disgraceful-antisemitism/

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Many critics of Israeli policy are often critiqued, no surprise Sky News joined in. Her qualifications are outstanding, profile below:

There has been international attention and controversy surrounding Albanese's appointment and tenure as Special Rapporteur. Critics of Albanese have accused her of antisemitism and anti-Israel bias. Human rights groups have said the accusations are illegitimate attempts to discredit her criticism of Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesca_Albanese

Why am I not surprised that you defend antisemitics, it is becoming a recurring theme with you and when confronted by your biases you go into denial mode!

If you ignore the Hamas massacre that started the war, the 14,000 rockets fired against Israeli towns, 130 hostages now being tortured in Gaza, how can you possibly understand the war?

And though you say it’s not in your mandate, you have commented. On February 10, you mocked the statement of President Macron that October 7th constituted the greatest antisemitic massacre of our century. You said the victims were “not killed because of their Judaism,” but rather “in reaction to Israel’s oppression.”

https://unwatch.org/germany-france-condemn-uns-francesca-albanese-for-disgraceful-antisemitism/

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

You do keep attacking Israelis and Jews and then accuse them of having a persecution complex if they reply . 

Rather like a wife beater who abuses his wife even more when she complains about the abuse 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Why am I not surprised that you defend antisemitics, it is becoming a recurring theme with you and when confronted by your biases you go into denial mode!

If you ignore the Hamas massacre that started the war, the 14,000 rockets fired against Israeli towns, 130 hostages now being tortured in Gaza, how can you possibly understand the war?

And though you say it’s not in your mandate, you have commented. On February 10, you mocked the statement of President Macron that October 7th constituted the greatest antisemitic massacre of our century. You said the victims were “not killed because of their Judaism,” but rather “in reaction to Israel’s oppression.”

It becomes offensive when one is accused of supporting antisemitic/s in an attempt to crush debate. The appointee has an outstanding professional record and is within her rights to critique certain Israeli policies and actions. Below is a speech she gave at the National Press Club of Australia which will give further insight into her POV. Of course I expect you and others with the same worldview not to bother to educate yourselves.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Germany & France Condemn UN’s Francesca Albanese for ‘Disgraceful’ Antisemitism

I've looked at their website, not one article concerning Israel's human right abuses in West Bank, Gaza etc. i.e. totally biased. All the commentary regards Israel is woven around those who critic Israel.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, simple1 said:

It becomes offensive when one is accused of supporting antisemitic/s in an attempt to crush debate. The appointee has an outstanding professional record and is within her rights to critique certain Israeli policies and actions. Below is a speech she gave at the National Press Club of Australia which will give further insight into her POV. Of course I expect yo and others with the same worldview not to bother to educate yourselves.

You accuse others of which you are guilty, is it not pompous and an insult to say "not to bother to educate yourselves"  hypocrisy at its finest, for where I'm sitting you are reading and watching anyone that is a critique of Israel. We have shown you enough links to facilitate our claims, you have shown a Sky Anchorman introducing this anti-Semitic person, need to do better!

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I've looked at their website, not one article concerning Israel's human right abuses in West Bank, Gaza etc. i.e. totally biased. All the commentary regards Israel is woven around those who critic Israel.

Is that the UNwatches website you have looked at ?

They comment on the actions of the U.N. , they do not focus on Israel or the West bank .

UNwatch watches the U.N , its not *Isrealwatch* 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, stevenl said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparisons_between_Israel_and_Nazi_Germany

Regarded antisemitic by some, considered acceptable by others.

Its generally regarded that denying the Holocaust is being Anti Semitic and also denying the severity of the Holocaust is also Anti-Semitic .

So comparing the Nazis to Israel is downplaying the severity of the Holocaust and therefore Anti semetic .

If Israel begins to mass exterminate Palestinians across the Arabian World , putting Millions of them in gas chambers , it would be then you could claim that Israel are just like the Nazis without being accused of being anti Semitic

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Yawn, perhaps try a little harder when you look next time about their aims and objectives. Here's a messenger for you to give you a hint, he goes by the name of Kofi Annan, Former Secretary-General of the United Nations who when in post said this:

I deeply appreciate the valuable work performed by UN Watch. Informed and independent evaluation of the United Nations’ activities will prove a vital source as we seek to adapt the Organization to the needs of a changing world.” — Kofi Annan, United Nations Secretary-General

Here a little more on this terror loving Francesca Albanese, there's rather a lot on this page, she's not a very nice woman, if you click on the link you can read it all. This website is also not there to monitor Israel, it is there to do what it says on the tin.

"Participation in events hosted by organizations that have alleged ties to terror groups and that promote BDS (boycott, divestment, and sanctions) campaigns against Israel.
Moral failures, as shown in labeling individuals convicted as terrorists as a “human rights defender” in her October 2022 report to the UN Human Rights Council.
Consistently dismissing Israel’s security concerns, denying Israel’s right to self-defense, and tweeting in support of terrorism."

https://www.ngo-monitor.org/francesca-albanese-special-rapporteur-to-demonize-israel/

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Is that the UNwatches website you have looked at ?

They comment on the actions of the U.N. , they do not focus on Israel or the West bank .

UNwatch watches the U.N , its not *Isrealwatch* 

Incorrect. Website specifically refers to monitoring antisemitism and anti Israeli activities by non UN persons.

https://unwatch.org/?s=israel

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Incorrect. Website specifically refers to monitoring antisemitism and anti Israeli activities by non UN persons.

https://unwatch.org/?s=israel

Errrmm, Yes, you did a websearch for "unwatch Israel" and the results focuses solely on Israel  .

Do a websearch for  "unwatch" without the word Israel and different results come up 

https://unwatch.org/about-us/our-work/

(Is this a joke , simple 1 saying if you do a webseach for "unwatch isreal" , then all the results are about Israel . Apologies if I missed the humour there )

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yawn, perhaps try a little harder when you look next time about their aims and objectives. Here's a messenger for you to give you a hint, he goes by the name of Kofi Annan, Former Secretary-General of the United Nations who when in post said this:

I deeply appreciate the valuable work performed by UN Watch. Informed and independent evaluation of the United Nations’ activities will prove a vital source as we seek to adapt the Organization to the needs of a changing world.” — Kofi Annan, United Nations Secretary-General

Here a little more on this terror loving Francesca Albanese, there's rather a lot on this page, she's not a very nice woman, if you click on the link you can read it all. This website is also not there to monitor Israel, it is there to do what it says on the tin.

"Participation in events hosted by organizations that have alleged ties to terror groups and that promote BDS (boycott, divestment, and sanctions) campaigns against Israel.
Moral failures, as shown in labeling individuals convicted as terrorists as a “human rights defender” in her October 2022 report to the UN Human Rights Council.
Consistently dismissing Israel’s security concerns, denying Israel’s right to self-defense, and tweeting in support of terrorism."

https://www.ngo-monitor.org/francesca-albanese-special-rapporteur-to-demonize-israel/

Interesting what NGO monitor posted and Albanese's admission of bias against Israel based upon certain factors. I concur she has made errors of judgement regards persons committing acts of terror. There again I Israel has carried our actions contrary to Human Rights; including non compliance to UN policy, e.g. Settler land grab, over many years - it's not a one way street.

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Errrmm, Yes, you did a websearch for "unwatch Israel" and the results focuses solely on Israel  .

Do a websearch for  "unwatch" without the word Israel and different results come up 

https://unwatch.org/about-us/our-work/

(Is this a joke , simple 1 saying if you do a webseach for "unwatch isreal" , then all the results are about Israel . Apologies if I missed the humour there )

You stated UN Watch's brief which was not 100% accurate, which I pointed out. It's become boring constantly replying to, in effect, baised misinformation, so won't respond to you and others of the right of centre in this topic.

Edited by simple1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Interesting what NGO monitor posted and Albanese's admission of bias against Israel based upon certain factors. I concur she has made errors of judgement regards persons committing acts of terror. There again I Israel has carried our actions contrary to Human Rights; including non compliance to UN policy, e.g. Settler land grab, over many years - it's not a one way street.

Interesting that you now deflect once evidence of her antisemitism and support for terrorists is exposed beyond doubt with source links and now go back to Israel is bad

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

This story is about Gaza and Isreal has given land back to Gazaians and Israelis lost Gaza land.

Gazians took the land from the Jewish Israelis when the Isrealis left in 2005

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here a little more on this terror loving Francesca Albanese, there's rather a lot on this page, she's not a very nice woman,

She was reporting on a lot of people that are not nice, so perhaps she is just balancing it out a bit.

As for terror, that seems to be in evidence quite a lot from the ones you support, using block busting bombs on residential buildings with women and children inside.

Trying to deflect from what someone says by attacking them personally is an old tactic of those with nothing to justify the unjustifiable, but it doesn't work any more. I'm not in the least bit concerned by being accused of antisemitism and various other epithets from your side of the divide.

18 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I suspect we will have to wait till long after the conflict is over to know.

We know now, its you that seems to have a problem.

I don't have a problem with that. Certain israelis will have a problem in the  future as the facts become more well known.

Seems that your side has a problem discussing the topic and keep trying to make it personal.

Perhaps you don't realise I am not the topic.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She was reporting on a lot of people that are not nice, so perhaps she is just balancing it out a bit.

Nah......

As for terror, that seems to be in evidence quite a lot from the ones you support, using block busting bombs on residential buildings with women and children inside.

I support those eliminating the terrorists, you making everything else up, not even any such thing as block busting bombs.......

Trying to deflect from what someone says by attacking them personally is an old tactic of those with nothing to justify the unjustifiable, but it doesn't work any more. I'm not in the least bit concerned by being accused of antisemitism and various other epithets from your side of the divide.

No its pointing out what Francesca Albanese is and says:

"Consistently dismissing Israel’s security concerns, denying Israel’s right to self-defense, and tweeting in support of terrorism."

I don't have a problem with that. Certain israelis will have a problem in the  future as the facts become more well known.

Seems that your side has a problem discussing the topic and keep trying to make it personal.

Perhaps you don't realise I am not the topic.

Certain israelis will have a problem in the  future as the facts become more well known.

There's that crystal ball again..........lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

This story is about Gaza and Isreal has given land back to Gazaians and Israelis lost Gaza land.

Gazians took the land from the Jewish Israelis when the Isrealis left in 2005

Actually Gaza was occupied by Israel after the 1967 war and handed back to the Palestinians to increase Israeli security in 2005. Gazans did not 'take back' land from Israelis, Israel unilaterally withdrew. However, Israeli settlements in Gaza were illegal under international law, as are the settlements in the West Bank.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Actually Gaza was occupied by Israel after the 1967 war and handed back to the Palestinians to increase Israeli security in 2005. Gazans did not 'take back' land from Israelis, Israel unilaterally withdrew. However, Israeli settlements in Gaza were illegal under international law, as are the settlements in the West Bank.

Ah right , so Palestinians didn't actually take Gaza back , but it was given back to them .

You do like "correcting" people, by saying the same thing as them, but just using different words

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Ah right , so Palestinians didn't actually take Gaza back , but it was given back to them .

You do like "correcting" people, by saying the same thing as them, but just using different words

As you well know context is highly relevant.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No you are wrong, context isn't highly relevant , context is importantly relevant 

OK. Glad you recognise the importance of using wording correctly, not for twisting the truth of matters.

• Agree 1

On 4/3/2024 at 4:51 PM, simple1 said:

Gaza has never belonged to israel since 1947. Seems some posters don't understand the history of israel since 1947.

Gaza has never belonged to israel since 1947. Seems some posters don't understand the history of israel since 1947.

We all know you'd love Israel not to exist, why else would you deliberately misspell it every time you post.