Nostalgia not what it was?

Gandtee

I don't think it matters what the age, era, genre etc...     Talent is talent...

Some of you won't get it, but the production of a 'sound' is as important as the music itself, whether its digital a DJ or just a vocalist with a guitar.... 

Whether its the latest Benson Boone, Bruno Mars, Chemical Brothers, Moby, Anjuna, Aretha, Aerosmith or Elvis... then on top of that there's the showmanship and production of live shows.

Even if you don't like Rap...  the brilliance of Eminem has to be recognised... 

On 3/31/2024 at 2:05 PM, billd766 said:

Like you though I am a mere 79. I prefer older music such as the big bands of the 30's, 40's and 50's.

Some of the 50's, 60's and 70's music when singers could still read and write their own songs.

You need to get yourself a copy of the BBC Big Band Album.  I downloaded it on a lark and didn't listen for over a year.  When I finally did, I was floored.  I'm probably the only guy on the MRT humming along to the oldies. 

Timeless music from 25 years before I was born.

Edited by impulse

On 3/30/2024 at 10:44 PM, Celsius said:

Jesus, how old are you?

I guess your calculator needs new batteries.

In 1945 he was twelve..............

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, impulse said:

You need to get yourself a copy of the BBC Big Band Album.  I downloaded it on a lark and didn't listen for over a year.  When I finally did, I was floored.  I'm probably the only guy on the MRT humming along to the oldies. 

Timeless music from 25 years before I was born.

You're not. I'm humming along to them all the time. Sometimes a song gets stuck i my brain and I can't get rid of it. It was Jane Froman's, Blue Moon yesterday. Ten Years After's, Love Like A Man is gnawing at me today. Tomorrow, The Lambeth Walk,maybe, now I've mentioned it.😉

Edited by Gandtee
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

You're not. I'm humming along to them all the time. Sometimes a song gets stuck i my brain and I can't get rid of it. It was Jane Froman's, Blue Moon yesterday. Ten Years After's, Love Like A Man is gnawing at me today. Tomorrow, The Lambeth Walk,maybe, now I've mentioned it.😉

This morning I was stuck on 

"Children of the Revolution".

In the end I gave up and Googled it.

T Rex and Marc Bolan from September 1972.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

This morning I was stuck on 

"Children of the Revolution".

In the end I gave up and Googled it.

T Rex and Marc Bolan from September 1972.

'Get It On.'  Marc Bolan sadly curtailed early.:sad: 

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't think it matters what the age, era, genre etc...     Talent is talent...

Some of you won't get it, but the production of a 'sound' is as important as the music itself, whether its digital a DJ or just a vocalist with a guitar.... 

Whether its the latest Benson Boone, Bruno Mars, Chemical Brothers, Moby, Anjuna, Aretha, Aerosmith or Elvis... then on top of that there's the showmanship and production of live shows.

Even if you don't like Rap...  the brilliance of Eminem has to be recognised... 

Talent knows no boundaries of age, era, or genre. The production of sound is indeed a crucial aspect of music, regardless of whether it's created digitally, by a DJ, or through live instrumentation.

• Agree 1