Republicans slam Biden for proclaiming Transgender Day of Visibility on Easter

Social Media

Seems the literacy challenged Maga World here were not able to read beyond the topic headline to the rest of the OP which clearly states that the GOP premise about Biden is 'false'.

This idiocrasy predicted posting of unfounded comments such as: 

'This is about your pathetic hero joe and his pandering to the LBQIYTDJ perverts'.

'I am absolutely disgusted that Joe Biden has declared the most Holy of Holy days........as Transgender Day of Visibility'.

'Did Easter fall on March 31 last year?'

In Maga World's usual attempt to rewrite history the proclamation that caused this coincidence of dates lies squarely on the shoulders of the Nicea Council in 325 AD.

The Council of Nicea: Ruling on Easter Day in 325 A.D. - 301-600 Church History (christianity.com)

Edited by LosLobo
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Seems the literacy challenged Maga World here were not able to read beyond the topic headline to the rest of the OP which clearly states that the GOP premise about Biden is 'false'.

You mean the CNN campaign piece, carrying water for the DNC and Sleepy Joe in an election year?

Read the linked article, and she gives herself away quite a few times.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Easter, the perfect occasion for the political right to turn up their message of hate, enmity and division.

You may not agree with Chomper's communist politics and his dislike of the USA and England, but at least give him credit for expressing himself well compared to some of the nutjobs that turn up in these political threads.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

You mean like infamous transphobe Caitlyn Jenner?

“I am absolutely disgusted that Joe Biden has declared the most Holy of Holy days – a self-proclaimed devout Catholic – as Transgender Day of Visibility. The only thing you should be declaring on this day is ‘HE is Risen,'” he wrote.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/caitlyn-jenner-slams-joe-biden-blasphemous-trans-day/

Of course, you won't find that on MSDNC...

As a devout Catholic mutilating a perfectly good god given body.

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

There again, just perhaps the most sacred day of the entire year for Christians, just one day mark you, of inestimable importance to a very large number of people worldwide should be left to them. The LGBTQ etc community can strut their stuff the other 364 days of the year.

As for hate, enmity and division, well how difficult would it have been to say, "since it is Easter Sunday we will move our special day to another date..."

I must confess, as a Catholic, I am incredibly disappointed in Biden.

Being Catholic you probably wont like god either.

No problem.

Let's have national bacon day at the start of Ramadan. 

Actually, we're better than that. Let's not join "Oirish" Joe in the gutter. He has more experience down there. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No problem.

Actually, we're better than that. Let's not join "Oirish" Joe in the gutter. He has more experience down there. 

‘Gammon’ grievance over feeling  left out.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

His cultural Marxist handlers couldn’t help themselves!

What a disgrace. 

The party of Jfk is being used by 

the antichrist Marxist!

R,

1. Do you know *anything* about Communist Ideology ?

2. Are you a Christian ?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Another unforced error by a guy with over 40 years in politics.

So he went back in time to 2009 to declare the International Transgender Day of Visibility as 31 March every year? How did he do that when he wasn't the President? Is he actually a Trans woman named Rachel Crandall Crocker from Michigan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Transgender_Day_of_Visibility

The Stoopid from the Right just finds a new level with every manufactured outrage...why wasn't this an issue last year (HINT: Easter Sunday changes from year to year, don't believe me just go look at a calendar, maybe take a day off from work so you can contemplate how EASTER SUNDAY is NOT THE SAME DAY EVERY YEAR)?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No problem.

So Jonny, care to enlighten us about how he set all this up in 2009 just so he could desecrate your holy day? Keep thinking about it, perhaps one day you'll understand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, JCauto said:

So he went back in time to 2009 to declare the International Transgender Day of Visibility as 31 March every year? How did he do that when he wasn't the President? Is he actually a Trans woman named Rachel Crandall Crocker from Michigan?

Every year on August 13, he neglects the 10% of voters that are lefties on Left Hander's Day.  Not a peep from the WH.  Despite the fact that honoring us on our day probably wouldn't lose him a single righty vote.

He could have done the same to the 0.6-1.5% of voters who identify as Trans.  Instead, he panders to the 1%, alienating some portion of the other 99%.

Just on the numbers, he was a political idiot for that Proclamation, especially with the coincidence of Easter.  It was an unforced error.  And the Repubs picked up on it and ran.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

There again, just perhaps the most sacred day of the entire year for Christians, just one day mark you, of inestimable importance to a very large number of people worldwide should be left to them. The LGBTQ etc community can strut their stuff the other 364 days of the year.

As for hate, enmity and division, well how difficult would it have been to say, "since it is Easter Sunday we will move our special day to another date..."

I must confess, as a Catholic, I am incredibly disappointed in Biden.

Can you point to anything that Jesus said that warrants all this outrage over the coincidence of dates?

Give it your best go.

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Every year on August 13, he neglects the 10% of voters that are lefties on Left Hander's Day.  Not a peep from the WH.  Despite the fact that honoring us on our day probably wouldn't lose him a single righty vote.

He could have done the same to the 0.6-1.5% of voters who identify as Trans.  Instead, he panders to the 1%, alienating some portion of the other 99%.

Just on the numbers, he was a political idiot for that Proclamation, especially with the coincidence of Easter.  It was an unforced error.  And the Repubs picked up on it and ran.

Shiver me timbers, I don’t think the WH had anything to say about ‘Talk Like a Pirate Day’ either.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, JCauto said:

So Jonny, care to enlighten us about how he set all this up in 2009 just so he could desecrate your holy day? Keep thinking about it, perhaps one day you'll understand.

The point perhaps is not that it was set up 15 years ago to desecrate what is the greatest feast in the Christian calender. 

The point is that it would have shown great tolerance, understanding and respect ( ironically exactly what they demand) to have moved the date on this one occasion.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Can you point to anything that Jesus said that warrants all this outrage over the coincidence of dates?

Give it your best go.

No I don't believe he did. But, as you know jolly well, that is not the point.

The point is that it would have shown great tolerance, understanding and respect ( ironically exactly what they demand be shown to them) to have moved the date on this one occasion.

I am not going to rise to your bait by claiming or quoting Jesus Christ to support what is very obviously an a attempt to score a political point, and will likely result in you or others mocking Christ.

Again, tolerance, understanding and respect is what they claim to seek, and what I and many other Christians would hope, on this occasion, that they would show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The point is that it would have shown great tolerance, understanding and respect ( ironically exactly what they demand) to have moved the date on this one occasion.

The irony you missed is great tolerance, understanding and respect are the core of the teachings of Jesus.

Thanks though for the laugh out loud absurdity you felt the need dream up and then share.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

No I don't believe he did. But, as you know jolly well, that is not the point.

The point is that it would have shown great tolerance, understanding and respect ( ironically exactly what they demand be shown to them) to have moved the date on this one occasion.

I am not going to rise to your bait by claiming or quoting Jesus Christ to support what is very obviously an a attempt to score a political point, and will likely result in you or others mocking Christ.

Again, tolerance, understanding and respect is what they claim to seek, and what I and many other Christians would hope, on this occasion, that they would show.

You believe right, nothing Jesus taught warrants the fabricated outrage you and others on the right are engaging in.

Refer post above for a response to the irony of your ‘irony’.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The irony you missed is great tolerance, understanding and respect are the core of the teachings of Jesus.

Thanks though for the laugh out loud absurdity you felt the need dream up and then share.

Oh I fully grasp the irony - that is why I pointed it out. And , since you feel qualified to declaim the core teachings of Jesus, why not bear in mind and acknowledge that they "cut both ways"!

Furthermore, I suffer from no "fabricated outrage you and others on the right are engaging in."

What the (predominantly) American evangelical Christian movement choose to complain about is their business. I do not follow them on this or many other issues.

However I think that it is sad that the views of a great many have been ignored on this, one Sunday of 52, which is for us the most significant of the year.

It is you that have chosen, as so often, to reduce it to a bawling political argument!

Edited by herfiehandbag

7 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This is NOT about trump... your TDS is off the charts... this is about your pathetic hero joe and his pandering to the LBQIYTDJ perverts.

It seems you are not thrilled about gay people. Do you think they shoukd be confined to special camps?

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

Oh I fully grasp the irony - that is why I pointed it out. And , since you feel qualified to declaim the core teachings of Jesus, why not bear in mind and acknowledge that they "cut both ways"!

Yep, welcome on board to loving and respecting all mankind.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

You mean like infamous transphobe Caitlyn Jenner?

“I am absolutely disgusted that Joe Biden has declared the most Holy of Holy days – a self-proclaimed devout Catholic – as Transgender Day of Visibility. The only thing you should be declaring on this day is ‘HE is Risen,'” he wrote.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/caitlyn-jenner-slams-joe-biden-blasphemous-trans-day/

Of course, you won't find that on MSDNC...

Your post didn't age well.

I don't think you are going to make many points quoting Caitlyn Jenner.

• Agree 1