Currently impossible to order on Tops Online since the recent upgrade

Jingthing

If you're a Tops Online customer perhaps you know about this.

Recently Tops Online went offline for a few days for an announced major upgrade.

Well, it's back now, but at least for now, it's impossible to use it to place an order.

In my case when trying to add or delete items or to start checkout it would always take me to the delivery address area and when I selected my delivery address, it never accepted the action, and so it was an endless loop of non function. 

I tried every usual trick in the book to try to fix this myself to no avail.

So I called customer service.

There I was told the upgrade is unstable (that's putting it mildly).

Upon further questioning I was told --

The problem I reported was common but it was unclear if that was the only point of non-function. 

That no orders whatsoever were going through on the system.

That's my perception of the conversation anyway. Given the lost in translation thing, I can't really be sure.

So when fixed?

4 or 5 days.

So roughly before next weekend.

Of course it could be fixed earlier. Or later.

If you've gotten an order through since the upgrade, please say so.

If it's not working for you, that's expected, so no reason to post.

Happy Songkran month shopping! As if.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

much like the upgrades on this forum that eliminated most all of the good easy to use things... ie "top of page"... "delete for notifications"... etc 

Reducing the convenience is called progress.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, isaanistical said:

Agreed. I did manage to place an order yesterday, but whether it gets delivered is another matter.........

Nothing personal but sorry to hear that as it's been impossible for me and that means that there was some level of muddled info from my phone call.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If you're a Tops Online customer perhaps you know about this.

Recently Tops Online went offline for a few days for an announced major upgrade.

Glad you posted this.

Yesterday went online to start an order but found all my personal data was gone as well as auto signin. Now I understand why.

I saw no announcement for upgrade. No issues recreating my personal data and started an order in progress - yet to send it in because shipping is too high.

I have had success (or at least partial) 2 times since upgrade.  First time standard delivery next day (Prime member) and no choice and did not see the next day part in the small area they now use for order information.  Second time was afforded express but was later in day (and actually soon after order ready rather than one or two hours later - but perhaps that because nobody using) - tried today and normal delivery only option until about 1020 when express became available.  Chose to not order.

They best part of software was able to view "my list" which is now one frame of garbage.  Delivery address is at top of page but still get pop up to confirm multi times.  So far nothing better than before - still have check number ordered as often reverts to "1".    

Should point out I am in Bangkok.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Glad you posted this.

Yesterday went online to start an order but found all my personal data was gone as well as auto signin. Now I understand why.

I saw no announcement for upgrade. No issues recreating my personal data and started an order in progress - yet to send it in because shipping is too high.

Check for updates. 

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I have had success (or at least partial) 2 times since upgrade.  First time standard delivery next day (Prime member) and no choice and did not see the next day part in the small area they now use for order information.  Second time was afforded express but was later in day (and actually soon after order ready rather than one or two hours later - but perhaps that because nobody using) - tried today and normal delivery only option until about 1020 when express became available.  Chose to not order.

They best part of software was able to view "my list" which is now one frame of garbage.  Delivery address is at top of page but still get pop up to confirm multi times.  So far nothing better than before - still have check number ordered as often reverts to "1".    

Should point out I am in Bangkok.

For me still impossible.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Same owner?

No.

TOPS is under the "Central Retail Corporation", one of the Chinese origin billionaire families (Chirathivat family).

MAKRO (Siam Makro) has been taken over by the even more billions family (CP Group, Chearavanont family).

Enjoy the competition :angry:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

Im quite happy to drive to our new Tops on the beach road in Rawai over looking the islands with a lovely sea breeze, they have put some tables and chairs outside so I might buy a coffee one morning get some fresh air, 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They just released another new minor update.

I updated it and no change as far as being able to place an order.

You must be using phone - I use computer - but as said not a whole lot better there.

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You must be using phone - I use computer - but as said not a whole lot better there.

Yes but I tried the pc version too. Exact same malfunction.

ordered 2 days ago and delivered in 30 minutes. Dont log in yet , put things in basket then proceed to check out and log in, worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Foek said:

ordered 2 days ago and delivered in 30 minutes. Dont log in yet , put things in basket then proceed to check out and log in, worked for me.

Just tried to add an item while not logged in. Won't allow adding anything before logging in.

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Glad you posted this.

I went to try to place a Tops Online order via their website this afternoon... before I caught Jing's thread here...

What a MESS!!!

I was able to finally place an order, at least....

But with their latest changes, I found that:

--90% of my previously saved long Favorites shopping list had been wiped away, leaving just a handful of Favorited items.

--When I went to try to re-Favorite various of the missing items, I found I was totally unable to add any new Favorites right now.

--When I tried to "search" for various of the now missing Favorited items, I found the website's search functionality was balky at best, bordering on useless.

etc etc etc...

Tops has done similar things to this various times in the past with "upgrades" or "changes" to their online platform, including previously having erased all of my Saved Favorites at various past points... But this latest re-do -- at the moment -- surely is one of the worst versions they've done.

You really have to wonder where they get their IT staff from... Ahh, but then it struck me, it's probably the same geniuses who mishandle tech for this particular forum!!!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No.

TOPS is under the "Central Retail Corporation", one of the Chinese origin billionaire families (Chirathivat family).

MAKRO (Siam Makro) has been taken over by the even more billions family (CP Group, Chearavanont family).

Enjoy the competition :angry:

CP and Dhanin's family also being China origin, like the other group. Two of the biggest big money ventures in Thailand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Right now, after completing my order via their website with some difficulty, the order is showing up as received and processing for tomorrow standard delivery in their system:

Screenshot_11.jpg.eaa2fda5d5aff66356884acfe813b708.jpg

That happened on my first order (Prime member) and did not catch it as checkout totally changed (not improved).  Seems you have no choice of times anymore and they determine how it is shipped by the time of day (a noontime order was sent express within an hour).