UK police catch British pedophile at London airport

snoop1130

8 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Is this something very new? You're telling me that airlines and UK Border Force have access to UK Police National Computer?

UK Border Force may well do - it would rather make sense. Perhaps not the airlines

7 hours ago, BuddyPish said:

Of course the majority are Thai; it's their country
I'd imagine he was referring to the foreign paedophiles who are ALWAYS white and from either UK, US, NZ and Germany. 

Always higher % from Belgium. 

The two I knew(worked with) wee Yanks. One was called Prowler! 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Not extradited because he's never been convicted. Probably came up on airline list (outstanding UK arrest warrant for skipping court bail) or Heathrow Airport were tipped off he was on his way?

Yeah but 27 years, 10-year passport would have expired, how would he renew it if he was wanted for crimes, I can't see the Embassy doing this for a wanted man 2 times if not 3 depending on the length left on his PP when he first fled. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2024 at 7:22 PM, snoop1130 said:

30 years on the run 

We've had a couple of members here on AN recently posting about overstay, expired passport, not wanting to return to Thailand and wanting information how to exit Thailand. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, ryandb said:

Yeah but 27 years, 10-year passport would have expired, how would he renew it if he was wanted for crimes, I can't see the Embassy doing this for a wanted man 2 times if not 3 depending on the length left on his PP when he first fled. 

He may have held other passport(s).

23 hours ago, freeworld said:

No access to police national computer.

OK found this https://www.gov.uk/government/news/border-watchlist-catches-thousands-of-criminals

"Border 'watchlist' catches thousands of criminals

Suspects linked to hundreds of crimes have been captured after being detected by the UK Border Agency's monitoring system."

"Currently the e-Borders system checks 90 per cent of passengers on flights from outside the EU and up to 60 per cent of those from within the EU."

22 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Interesting! Many thanks for this. The question now is what is the criteria to be entered onto the 'Watchlist'? How serious does the offence have to be? Already convicted only and those wanted upon warrant for skipping bail etc? Are Interpol notices recorded in this system? Presumably with the exception of Interpol notices this system is only concerned with UK offenders? The ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorization System) when operational will link with similar versions in European Countries? 

The fact that he skipped his trial at Chester Crown Court in December 1997 (as stated in the OP) would have automatically guaranteed his inclusion on any official watchlist, I would have thought. And when his name cropped up in the PNR data list* for the flight he took, this probably set alarm bells ringing at New Scotland Yard or wherever.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/passenger-name-record-data/passenger-name-record-data

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

As another poster wrote...

How did he get his passport renewed ?? 

How did he get his visa extended ? - surely being on the UK's most wanted list there was an Interpol Notice about him.

It seems to me that there was a major failing by the UK authorities.

He wasn't convicted. He skipped court bail.

• Agree 1

On 4/2/2024 at 8:49 PM, ukrules said:

How come it took them so long to catch this guy? Surely he renewed his passport every 10 years like everyone else?

Do they even check those things when you renew a passport?

• Agree 1

Shame they didn't show as much zealousness in prosecuting the many pedo gangs for fear of racism, after all was only half a million, yes 500,000 rapes of children over a 20 year period..

22 hours ago, BuddyPish said:

Of course the majority are Thai; it's their country
I'd imagine he was referring to the foreign paedophiles who are ALWAYS white and from either UK, US, NZ and Germany. 

I dont think Pedos are restricted to those countries, seems to be a wider issue, take this for example.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-child-sex-abusers-on-notice-in-thailand-20180102-h0cbqs.html

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 8:03 AM, freeworld said:

Other reports say he was arrested on arrival at Heathrow airport so what are the authorities going on about here.

Guess they had to wait until he was on British soil before they could 'Officially' arrest him. I doubt he traveled alone. init.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

Shame they didn't show as much zealousness in prosecuting the many pedo gangs for fear of racism, after all was only half a million, yes 500,000 rapes of children over a 20 year period..

They did all get investigated and prosecute those gangs and they were all jailed and some deported .

This White guy remained free for many years 

On 4/3/2024 at 12:34 AM, proton said:

wish they would catch my ex brother in law, also 80 and a Brit. Abused my nice and nephew for years. Boy killed himself over it, preceded by his mum my sister. Police arrested him but not enough evidence, scarpered off to Australia then shacked up with a Thai, denies he ever did anything wrong. These perverts destroy lives, families and the survivors are often screwed up for good. Pedophiles need to put put away for as long as possible.

My God man!

Get your geriatric a ss down there and rectify the situation. Those things dangling around your knees are called balls.  Maybe you can salvage some of your dignity before throwing off this mortal coil. 

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2024 at 8:49 PM, ukrules said:

Surely he renewed his passport every 10 years like everyone else?

Probably didn't bother with "little trivial things" like that. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Embassy - and, hence, the British taxpayer - ended up stumping up the costs of an emergency travel document + air ticket + 20,000 THB max overstay fine in his case.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ryandb said:

Visa Agent in Pattaya can get you a new British passport in your absence.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/2/2024 at 7:22 PM, snoop1130 said:

Richard Burrows, not to be mistaken for fellow Brit and Thailand-based train enthusiast, Richard Barrow,

My first association, exactly. Poor R Barrow.

Who remembers the visa tightening regime re overstay around nine years ago? When automatic bans for overstay were issued. At the time the Thai gov gave people a grace period to sort out their visa status before the policy took effect. One Mae Hong Son resident declared an overstay of twenty-two years at the airport, left for London, and returned with a valid visa. TWENTY TWO YEARS. I know someone personally who is twenty-nine years in Laos without a visa, and he hasn't owned a valid passport for twenty-one years. 

Go with the assumption that a guy who knows he has an arrest warrant in the UK will do anything but draw the attention of UK authorities. Further assume that he knows the risk of overstay but figures every day is a bonus until caught. The only question is why return now? One of my mates surrendered after skipping court ( convicted in absence and sentenced to eight years, drugs and firearms ). Relatively young, he surrendered as he got sick of looking over his shoulder every day. What annoyed me was that he only served an additional four months for skipping before trial.

These people are criminal, they don't think live the way we do. So growling about "passport renewals" and the like is foolish. You assume he had a passport at all. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

My God man!

Get your geriatric a ss down there and rectify the situation. Those things dangling around your knees are called balls.  Maybe you can salvage some of your dignity before throwing off this mortal coil. 

Thanks for the sympathetic message, nobody knows where he is now

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Visa Agent in Pattaya can get you a new British passport in your absence.

Yes agents can do the paperwork and pick it up for you but they can't grant the passport, there is no way they would have those connections

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 2:49 AM, ukrules said:

How come it took them so long to catch this guy? Surely he renewed his passport every 10 years like everyone else?

That story still to come, also how he got money?? 

Maybe a stolen identity, who knows, overstayed 27 years but still had money, love to know more about this story.