Thai man runs naked after Buddha statue grants conscription exemption

9 hours ago, JayClay said:

At a temple it's called making merit.

Anywhere else, it's called indecent exposure 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Can you imagine the up roar if it was a farang,  here we see another example of double standards, recently I've also seen videos of shirtless thai males  at a temple, again  double standards.

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSFqM3XgJ/

Edited by Aussie999
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He pledged to run naked and strike an aluminium bucket along the route if his wish was fulfilled, thus honouring his promise.

I hope he struck the bucket with an appropriate mallet?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The reasons made them do not want to serve the military are varied. Some fear losing career opportunities or salary, while others worry about what they have to face during training.

There are other fears.

It appears that the RTM and the current pro-military political coalition are afraid of progressive voting youths and rely on conscription to control their political perspectives.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 2:05 PM, Aussie999 said:

Can you imagine the up roar if it was a farang,  here we see another example of double standards, recently I've also seen videos of shirtless thai males  at a temple, again  double standards.

I don't think it's much to do with farang vs Thai. This is a religious exemption, not a race based one.

If a farang was following this (what appears to be well-established) procedure in order to make merit, I doubt there'd be much fuss, so long as there was evidence of them actually being buddhist.

Similarly, should a Thai strip off and run around a 7/11 store, I imagine there would indeed be a bunch of angry netzines kicking up a fuss.

On 4/7/2024 at 7:54 AM, JayClay said:

I don't think it's much to do with farang vs Thai. This is a religious exemption, not a race based one.

If a farang was following this (what appears to be well-established) procedure in order to make merit, I doubt there'd be much fuss, so long as there was evidence of them actually being buddhist.

Similarly, should a Thai strip off and run around a 7/11 store, I imagine there would indeed be a bunch of angry netzines kicking up a fuss.

Oh come on, an exemption when it suits them... 555... so, same same bur different.