Ad Blocker

Maybole

I am using Firefox on Linux Mint 20. Yesterday, Firefox installed a new version automatically (as I have it programmed to do) but the new version has eliminated the AD Blocker. All the free Ad Blockers I can find for Firefox come from subscription VPNs. I want a simple AD Blocker such as the one that used to come with the old version of Firefox. Advice please.

13 minutes ago, Maybole said:

I am using Firefox on Linux Mint 20. Yesterday, Firefox installed a new version automatically (as I have it programmed to do) but the new version has eliminated the AD Blocker. All the free Ad Blockers I can find for Firefox come from subscription VPNs. I want a simple AD Blocker such as the one that used to come with the old version of Firefox. Advice please.

Be careful what you are asking.

1 hour ago, Maybole said:

uBlock Origin

2 hours ago, Maybole said:

Updates don't eliminate plugins.

It might have been deactivated or you might be using private navigation in which case, if the plugin isn't allowed on private tabs, you won't be able to use it.

That said if it's really gone, just go on Firefox Extensions website and type in ad blocker.

Many plugins to choose from.

Sending you an PM with a link.