Political inferno: Move Forward Party risks dissolution

snoop1130

Screenshot-2024-04-05-142746.jpg

In a fiery political clash spanning over 36 hours, the fate of Thailand’s Move Forward Party (MFP) hangs by a thread, as the government mulls over dissolution. Amidst gripping revelations and bold declarations, former leader Pita Limjaroenrat takes a stand, challenging the very essence of democracy.

Former MFP chief Pita Limjaroenrat delivered a resounding message, affirming his unwavering stance against governmental power play. Despite his party clinching victory with 312 votes in the election, Pita expressed no remorse for his seven-month stint in opposition.

“Being in opposition is the lifeblood of democracy.”

With the shadow of dissolution looming large over MFP, Pita remained undeterred, viewing it as a catalyst for change.

“Even if dissolved, our path towards reform remains unhindered.”

Expressing remorse over Thailand’s squandered prospects and eroding trust in governance, Pita admonished the government for its perceived lack of direction. As the MFP teeters on the brink, accused of attempting to undermine the constitutional monarchy, Pita issued a trio of recommendations to the incumbent government, advocating for a recalibration of the Cabinet, a roadmap for progress, and a culture of attentive leadership, reported The Nation.

Deputy Prime Minister Somsak Thepsuthin extended gratitude to the House, acknowledging the debate’s instrumental role in governmental scrutiny. Promising earnest consideration of suggestions, he pledged to steer the nation towards sustainable prosperity and unity.

By Mitch Connor

Caption: Photo courtesy of The Nation

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-05

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Deputy Prime Minister Somsak Thepsuthin extended gratitude to the House, acknowledging the debate’s instrumental role in governmental scrutiny. Promising earnest consideration of suggestions, he pledged to steer the nation towards sustainable prosperity and unity.

Empty words... the one man who could have done it is about to get the boot, along with his party..

snake head tax sin is getting what he wants. i am curious to see in 3.5 years whether the thais will remember this power play and make puke thai pay, or if they will have already forgot.

so when i ask you if you like taxsin and puke thai this is your answer

4 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Yes, it's good to see you AGAIN confirming your ignorance.

so, 

1 you are a fan of tax sin

2. you are also a lover of puke thai

so i guess you support a party that overthrows democracy and supports populist actions to remain in power. mussolini also did tjis, or are you too ignorant to admit what kind of political parties remain in power using such tactics? me wonders who is ignorant here?

Edited by Pouatchee

34 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Very clever use of insulting language. Considering that you are a guest in this country maybe you should consider keeping your stupid opinions to yourself.

Joe

If opinions in our village are any guide his comments are spot on. PT are going to be held to account for their duplicity make no mistake.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

so when i ask you if you like taxsin and puke thai this is your answer

so, 

1 you are a fan of tax sin

2. you are also a lover of puke thai

so i guess you support a party that overthrows democracy and supports populist actions to remain in power. mussolini also did tjis, or are you too ignorant to admit what kind of political parties remain in power using such tactics? me wonders who is ignorant here?

I don't know either "tax sin" or "puke thai".

Grow up...

1 minute ago, Shoeless Joe said:

I don't know either "tax sin" or "puke thai".

Grow up...

and you wrote this

Really? Justifying your opposition to his treatment by name-calling is your go-to strategy ? Just so juvenile.      

you call others on for name calling and look at what you do... if the shoe fits, right shoeless joe?

there is a word for your partisanship to anything taxsin... look it up "sycophant"

They can get rid of a political party but they can't get rid of the political party's ideas or its supporters.  FFP to MFP.  MFP to . . . maybe PMF or PFF.   Whatever the arrangement of letters, the movement will continue to grow.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

. It's sad that any mention of 112 reform is now being legitimised to be a move against the Constitutional Monarchy itself.

One thing i did not like about the mfp at first was its political immaturity. As it grows and wisens as a party lets hope they dont make the same mistakes and stick it to puke thai so then guys like @Shoeless Joe can read'em and weep. Must be touhg being shoeless and clueless 🤔

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

One thing i did not like about the mfp at first was its political immaturity. As it grows and wisens as a party lets hope they dont make the same mistakes and stick it to puke thai so then guys like @Shoeless Joe can read'em and weep. Must be touhg being shoeless and clueless 🤔

They are a reformist and progressive party. Political maturity has nothing to do with the usurping of the democratic process which saw their rightful place to govern denied by the military. They layed out their policies and stood by them. This should be applauded and not criticised as immature.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Political maturity has nothing to do with the usurping of the democratic process which saw their rightful place to govern denied by the military.

sorry to disagree, but strategising is a sign of political maturity. going after 112 so early, even b4 pita was elected as pm, in this country was immature and cost them everything. i hope they learn from this. if you hail someone who plays chess and reveals his strategies then you are backing a pony that will never win. they got outmaneuvered is the only thing i see.

Edited by Pouatchee

3 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

sorry to disagree, but strategising is a sign of political maturity. going after 112 so early, even b4 pita was elected as pm, in this country was immature and cost them everything. i hope they learn from this. if you hail someone who plays chess and reveals his strategies then you are backing a pony that will never win. they got outmaneuvered is the only thing i see.

Going after 112 reform was part of what gave them such a great result a result that should have led to forming govt. The outmaneuvering as you say was carried out by non-elected senators put in place by a junta. This isn't political maneuvering it's a total corruption of the democratic process. You forget MFP did win and every Thai knows this and also know why their right to govern was usurped.

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

they got outmaneuvered

No. MFP got powered-played by a fixed electoral process that guarantees those that brought the coup remain influential.

MFP was like a tennis player with no racket and a ten foot high net. 

• Thumbs Up 1