Premium economy

59 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Spend a little more money PE-BC and keep the blood pressure at ease......... 

I flew last year with China airlines in PE which has fixed fixed shell type of seats very relaxing flight more so knowing that if there was a thieving scumbag in front they  couldn't steal any of my paid for space.

What I don't like with some airlines where on the 1st leg they only offer cattle class and its only on the 2nd leg that they offer PE, I only look for airlines that offer PE for the entire route which is only 3-4 airlines

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Oh he didn't say please or thankyou he was extremely rude .

Sat in the middle seat ,put the arm rest up and practically pushed me out onto the aisle 

I had no choice but to obey because I didn't want problems going into Manila even gave him my meals which he took but didn't even talk back.

I guess he was angry at himself for being so large ?

But took it out on me , i held my temper 

Worse airline Philippines airlines, never again 

Maybe he doesn't like sex tourists.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Every Airline I've been on does that....  (asks the passenger to put their seat upright at meal times).

There's also nothing wrong with putting the seat back (in eco) either, its their right to be able to put their seat back...  just so long as the person in front is courteous about it and indicates that they are are about to do so (basic manners thats all).

Thats one way to out-yourself of the forum (and on flights) as a grade A1 ayhole...   

Who cares! If someone is rude enough to slam their seat back into the back into my face then I'm rude enough to give them a shoulder check. 

In one case a young lady pushed her seat full back at meal time at the person seated next to me. Flight attendant saw this happen and asked her to please return the seat to upright.The reply was "no" I don't want to.She never did and no consequences. She was an ayhole...   

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Maybe he doesn't like sex tourists.

I think he wanted to dominate me and make me his slave.

I had visions later of him spanking me .

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, jaideedave said:

Thats one way to out-yourself of the forum (and on flights) as a grade A1 ayhole...   

Who cares! If someone is rude enough to slam their seat back into the back into my face then I'm rude enough to give them a shoulder check. 

In one case a young lady pushed her seat full back at meal time at the person seated next to me. Flight attendant saw this happen and asked her to please return the seat to upright.The reply was "no" I don't want to.She never did and no consequences. She was an ayhole...   

Are you taking about someone suddenly slamming their seat back or motioning to you that there are about to do so ?

’cos your imagined conflict considers the most aggressive rather than a normal behavior…

… almost as if you seek out the offense you you can retaliate. 

That said: The example you provide would turn me into an ayhole….  & like you I would react if the FA was if no assistance but I’d escalate through the FA first. 

I find the EVA premium economy seats quite a step up from their economy offering. I fly the UK-BKK-UK direct route 3 or 4 times per year always using EVA. I used to fly premium economy both ways but since Covid the round trip price has increased by around £400-£500. 

Now I tend to fly economy on the UK-BKK leg as the flight departs 9.30pm. Due to EVA reward status I am guaranteed a front row window seat with the extra legroom which makes it bearable. I normally have a good few scoops in the lounge beforehand, pop a pill at take-off and thankfully sleep for the majority of the journey. 

As the return from BKK departs lunchtime Thai time and arrives evening UK time I try not to sleep. I always book premium economy for this leg. The seats are noticeably larger and recline further than their economy offering. There is also a fairly substantial fixed arm rest/drinks holder between seats which eliminates the 'elbow wars'.

Occasionally, I will use points to upgrade to Royal Laurel class on this leg which is an entirely different offering altogether. I would not part with my own cash though for Royal Laurel unless I was only flying maybe once per year. 

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you taking about someone suddenly slamming their seat back or motioning to you that there are about to do so ?

’cos your imagined conflict considers the most aggressive rather than a normal behavior…

… almost as if you seek out the offense you you can retaliate. 

That said: The example you provide would turn me into an ayhole….  & like you I would react if the FA was if no assistance but I’d escalate through the FA first. 

If the FA told them to put it up and they refused, I would just push it up from behind. I don't know if this works on all seats, but I know it works on some. 

If there's a real a-hole in front of you on a long flight, it's fun to give the seat a good kick when it looks like they're dozing off...