Finnish Man Arrested in Patong for Drunk Driving

webfact

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

Grow up

Yeah, I know, it will be much easier with one that has big digits. Is that big and grown up enough for you?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Can someone explain to me how this works. 

The limit is 0.50 milligrams % of alcohol but 

His reading was 0.114 milligrams % of alcohol. 

It's the milligrams and the % that's confusing me. 

To me 0.5 % is greater than 0.114%

Its like writing it with 3 decimal places.  ie 0.5 would become 0.500

Or is this where the milligrams (weight) factor comes in? 

I guess whoever wrote the story didn't attend math class.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The test showed .114 milligrams percent of alcohol which was over the legal alcohol limit of .50.

My knowledge of math is the 0.114 is LESS than 0,50.
But I am not a Thai police nor an useless reporter.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Seems that you are just too deep into the bitter thoughts of how much Thailand is chasing the foreigners, that you lost clear vision. It´s sad when stuff like that happens to people. Just remember one thing in your posts that bears you deeply rooted bitterness. It´s foreigners that has been behaving bad, breaking the laws and so on that made the crackdowns you are referring to. Not the other way around.

No, it's xenophobia that's fuelled the recent crackdowns. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, quake said:

Bitterness. what a laugh. go have that extra cup of coffee.

No,  just recognizing the blatant xenophobia that is around more than usual.

in the Phuket area.

So you're Russian🤣🤣🤣

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, mancub said:

No, it's xenophobia that's fuelled the recent crackdowns. 

Reading out of your reply, I can only agree to that you have chosen the right handle in this forum. In my opinion, there is no room for foreigners with your kind of mindset in Thailand.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 2
  • Love It 1

15 hours ago, quake said:

I don't

They are all ass holes.

But they needed to single out the finish guy for the news headline. yawn, :coffee1:

It's just all part of the, get the evil falang time.

we are now experiencing. :bah:

Yep, and one DIU is the only Farang crime they could find today.  Cancel his visa, flog him and deport him.

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, mancub said:

OH Dear. you appear to have mistaken me for someone who gives a monkey's "polite phrasing " of your opinion !😁

I assumed, that was what you would say. It´s people like you that have xenophobia, as you believe that all people in a country is out for you, what you bad or coming for you. In reality, you sound like you are almost afraid of your own shadow. You probably also hear them talking behind your back, and children are pointing at you when you walk by, right?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

On 4/8/2024 at 2:21 AM, stevenl said:

In English language sites, yes. Read the Thai sites and you'll see information on the Thai apprehended.

That doesn't really work out since in this case and many others the culprit is not of an English speaking country. Perhaps a moderator could interact with some of the publishers and would care to explain why they target negative news at a certain demographic? Unfortunately for them I watch Thai news and I know what happens, and to say a guy getting picked up on DUI is petty is an understatement. I mean it would be a good idea to explain yourselves, because you guys are already a shadow of what ThaiVisa was and lets be real, forums are already somewhat of a remnant. We don't have to click on your site.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I assumed, that was what you would say. It´s people like you that have xenophobia, as you believe that all people in a country is out for you, what you bad or coming for you. In reality, you sound like you are almost afraid of your own shadow. You probably also hear them talking behind your back, and children are pointing at you when you walk by, right?

Lots of unfounded assumptions there !

But you forgot the bit about being afraid to drive here as they're all seemingly out to kill me.....Oh 

wait .....😁

On 4/7/2024 at 10:48 PM, webfact said:

The test showed .114 milligrams percent of alcohol which was over the legal alcohol limit of .50.

isn't 0.114 less than 0.5 ?

All hail thai education!

btw: since he is from that alco-country should he be forgiven? 

Edited by NativeBob

19 hours ago, mancub said:

Lots of unfounded assumptions there !

But you forgot the bit about being afraid to drive here as they're all seemingly out to kill me.....Oh 

wait .....😁

Been driving every day for over 20 years and nothing has happened. Sure, they drive in a different way, with a different mindset. That´s what you have to learn and adjust to, as you are in their country. You can't come here and expect everyone to drive like in the US, UK or like you want.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 2:48 AM, webfact said:

He was given an alcohol breath test. The test showed .114 milligrams percent of alcohol which was over the legal alcohol limit of .50.

No it isn't!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Been driving every day for over 20 years and nothing has happened. Sure, they drive in a different way, with a different mindset. That´s what you have to learn and adjust to, as you are in their country. You can't come here and expect everyone to drive like in the US, UK or like you want.

Nothing has happened in 20 years ? Check the road accident/death statistics and have a re-think! 

I expect nothing less than to encounter atrocious driving on a daily basis.

Anyway, why are you telling me this ?

17 hours ago, mancub said:

Nothing has happened in 20 years ? Check the road accident/death statistics and have a re-think! 

Because you seem to be unaware.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, mancub said:

Because you seem to be unaware.

Oh. not because you totally failed to comprehend the meaning of my post then ? 

4 hours ago, mancub said:

Oh. not because you totally failed to comprehend the meaning of my post then ? 

Not to fear, I understood 100 %. There was no meaning at all with your post.

Not to fear, I understood 100 %. There was no meaning at all with your post.

Your response however betrays your comprehension failure. 

On 4/8/2024 at 4:32 AM, EVENKEEL said:

10K should have handled it. Note to self......when drinking and driving carry some cash.

With the plethora of transportation options available to everyone, that note to self should read DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.

1 hour ago, mancub said:

Your response however betrays your comprehension failure. 

If something new betrays a failure, then it must mean it's positive for me seen out of the failure you mentioned. So, that must mean it was no meaning with you post. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

If something new betrays a failure, then it must mean it's positive for me seen out of the failure you mentioned. So, that must mean it was no meaning with you post. Thanks!

Completely baffling !

Can only ascertain that your logic/reasoning is on a "different" level. Whilst it's been fun sparring with you, it's no longer entertaining so I'll wish you a happy Songkran and keep safe.😁

3 hours ago, mancub said:

Completely baffling !

Can only ascertain that your logic/reasoning is on a "different" level. Whilst it's been fun sparring with you, it's no longer entertaining so I'll wish you a happy Songkran and keep safe.😁

Same to you!

On 4/7/2024 at 12:48 PM, webfact said:

How is .114 greater than .50 ?  (ok, 114 is bigger than 50... but we're talking decimal points here).  Doesn't anyone proof-read any longer?

• Agree 1