Climate change: 'Uncharted territory' fears after record hot March

Social Media

3 hours ago, Social Media said:

Ultimately, the fate of our planet hinges on the choices we make today. The time to act is now, and the responsibility rests on all of us to transition to a sustainable and low-carbon future.

I guess that is more taxes, as the governments are doing sod all else that I can see.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gsxrnz said:

I've noticed that when it is cloudy, the temperature is cooler. Maybe our weather is a result of solar flare (Milankovitch maximum/minimum) cycles, solar winds, the earth axis wobble, cosmic rays, cloud formation, and circular or elliptical orbit of the planet.

Call me a Neanderthal, but I reckon that big orange coloured thing in the sky probably has a lot to do with the climate....anthropogenic influence, not so much.  But we should never let the truth get in the way of a good fundraising scheme. :coffee1:

so no human activity with deforrastation, rivers being flooded with landslides, natural swamps being drained, excessively use of carbon fuel, slowly killing life in the sea, we see a great sign of mass extinction of bugs, birds, coral reefs, wild life in general, and no matter of other natural cycluses, we humans have an great impact on our local enviroment, as we do have on global enviroment. It is not so diffucult, but if you are an denier, nothing will help you to understand. It will always be coexistent happenings that finaly will turn it over to a larger chatastrophe when you already balancing on the critical point. 

Still I have no belief in the politicians solutions to save the enviroment with spending and consume more to make our lifes greener. We need to be smarter than so

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I guess that is more taxes, as the governments are doing sod all else that I can see.

Especially the CCP government !

The leftist  and climate crazies will let them slide!

China released 11.4 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions in 2022, making it by far the world's largest polluter that year!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/239093/co2-emissions-in-china/

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hummin said:

so no human activity with deforrastation, rivers being flooded with landslides, natural swamps being drained, excessively use of carbon fuel, slowly killing life in the sea, we see a great sign of mass extinction of bugs, birds, coral reefs, wild life in general, and no matter of other natural cycluses, we humans have an great impact on our local enviroment, as we do have on global enviroment. It is not so diffucult, but if you are an denier, nothing will help you to understand.

So, do you think we should all just off everyone and that will sort the problem?

There is one major problem with humans and that is that there are about 5 billion too many of us on the planet. Short of nuclear winter or a more efficient version of covid, the situation isn't going to improve for the planet

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thus showing the lunacy of Muslim women's dress - she must be scorched and sweating like a .........(wont say the word, the scotish police might come after me for a hate crime)

You err in saying "Muslim". The dress to which you refer is cultural and not religious. There is no such thing as "Islamic dress". The only requirement is that Islamic women dress modestly. There isn't even a requirement to cover their hair, and absolutely no Islamic requirement to cover their face.

I worked in Saudi for years and I know that.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, do you think we should all just off everyone and that will sort the problem?

There is one major problem with humans and that is that there are about 5 billion too many of us on the planet. Short of nuclear winter or a more efficient version of covid, the situation isn't going to improve for the planet

Humans are self destructive and if nature cant control te amounts of us, we will manage our self. 

24 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Humans are self destructive and if nature cant control te amounts of us, we will manage our self. 

I agree, but we are taking a while to do so and Gaia may want to get rid of us sooner if we don't do it ourself.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree, but we are taking a while to do so and Gaia may want to get rid of us sooner if we don't do it ourself.

Gaia hve no issues with us, we are the one who have issues with changing climate. Gaia just keep on doing what she always have done. Climate will change no matter with or without us. Our problem is we making climate change faster and creating problem for ourself. 

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Gaia hve no issues with us, we are the one who have issues with changing climate. Gaia just keep on doing what she always have done. Climate will change no matter with or without us. Our problem is we making climate change faster and creating problem for ourself. 

On Gaia we disagree.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

On Gaia we disagree.

Climate have been more toxic in past and will become more toxic in future, and just thinking about earths lifespan, and how short there have advanced life on this planet,

Google

"If the Earth were 12 hours old, it would only be one and a half hours since the very first animals started to develop. The dinosaurs (except for their descendants, the birds) died out after a large meteorite impact approximately 10 minutes ago and we humans have only existed for a few seconds"

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Climate have been more toxic in past and will become more toxic in future, and just thinking about earths lifespan, and how short there have advanced life on this planet,

Google

"If the Earth were 12 hours old, it would only be one and a half hours since the very first animals started to develop. The dinosaurs (except for their descendants, the birds) died out after a large meteorite impact approximately 10 minutes ago and we humans have only existed for a few seconds"

Yes, and if we don't stop overbreeding and destroying our environment we'll be an ex species a few seconds in the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, and if we don't stop overbreeding and destroying our environment we'll be an ex species a few seconds in the future.

My best guess, not even 100  milliseconds left, Im not optimistic about the future.

There is a reason why we havent seen any aliens yet

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

My best guess, not even 100  milliseconds left, Im not optimistic about the future.

There is a reason why we havent seen any aliens yet

They'll be waiting out there to make sure that Elon doesn't escape the end of humanity in a rocket ship to Mars.

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:50 AM, riclag said:

Especially the CCP government !

The leftist  and climate crazies will let them slide!

China released 11.4 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions in 2022, making it by far the world's largest polluter that year!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/239093/co2-emissions-in-china/

Ever heard of China's population number?

The US emission rate per capita is twice as high as in China

15 minutes ago, candide said:

Ever heard of China's population number?

The US emission rate per capita is twice as high as in China

When you Stalk me do you start with 

the trolling laughing emojis first or is it

the trolling non sourced comment ,nonsense!

Congrats you just became a member to my Ignore sanctuary.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

When you Stalk me do you start with 

the trolling laughing emojis first or is it

the trolling non sourced comment ,nonsense!

Congrats you just became a member to my Ignore sanctuary.

What nonsense? Everybody knows it doesn't make sense to compare China with other countries if you don't take into account the population number.

It's been also known for decades that the US has one of the highest emissions rates per capita.

If you want a source  here it is!

https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/co2-emissions-per-capita/

• Like 1
  • Love It 1