Anyone experience with re-registering cars without blue book? Let me buy you coffee

I can already hear some of you thinking, "Just walk away."

But I have a soft spot for risk and rewards 😄

Lately, I've been eyeing vehicles online that are listed at half or even a third of their market value. The catch? The seller only has a copy of the blue book, promising that the vehicle can be re-registered despite its history with pawnshops and failed loans/mortgages.

Now, I'm well aware that this could easily turn out to be a classic scam (send a deposit, then poof! Seller vanishes), or worse (stolen car anyone?). However, my love for cars and deals has me curious. Has anyone here ever successfully bought a vehicle through an auction or from a pawn shop without a blue book and managed to get it re-registered? Or do you know someone who has?

Any firsthand experiences to share, (before I bother my lawyer)?

If so, I'd love to treat you to coffee and pick your brain. 😊

Screenshot 2567-04-09 at 15.46.29.png

Unusually ran away from finance or book used as collateral with loan
you get a photocopy of the blue book you can use to pay for the annual road tax, as long as you used it away from the domicile of the seller where the repo guys would come looking, worse is it's reported stolen to the police and any roadside stop means you kiss whatever you paid goodbye

If you use it as farm vehicle and such it's probably fine

you (the seller) can report the blue book stolen to get replacement if it's not registered with a finance company, but then that's another charge of perjury if ever found out.

\If these sellers can't afford to make the monthly payments to the bank, they're unlikely to be enterprising enough to scam you further, but for certain motorcycles it used to be that after you've paid and receive the อำ้รแสำ they'd tip the repo guy or the police to come pick up the vehicle from you, rinse and repeat with other unsuspecting victims 

Edited by digbeth
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

That sounds to near normal price for an eleven year old truck,i would not even look at it if it does not

have the blue book.

Be smart ,don't do it!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Unusually ran away from finance or book used as collateral with loan
you get a photocopy of the blue book you can use to pay for the annual road tax, as long as you used it away from the domicile of the seller where the repo guys would come looking, worse is it's reported stolen to the police and any roadside stop means you kiss whatever you paid goodbye

If you use it as farm vehicle and such it's probably fine

you (the seller) can report the blue book stolen to get replacement if it's not registered with a finance company, but then that's another charge of perjury if ever found out.

\If these sellers can't afford to make the monthly payments to the bank, they're unlikely to be enterprising enough to scam you further, but for certain motorcycles it used to be that after you've paid and receive the อำ้รแสำ they'd tip the repo guy or the police to come pick up the vehicle from you, rinse and repeat with other unsuspecting victims 

Super, thanks for taking the time to explain, appreciate it. All makes sense now.

Learned something new today!

DM'ed you regarding that coffee 😉

Get it from the horse's mouth and check directly with the department of land transport. They are online connected throughout the country and can give you, real time, the actual status. Get a copy of the book and tell them that you've been offered the car.

Possibly you need to properly prepared for stories you simply cannot invent. 

• Thanks 1

Not the same experience, the seller only had 1 key, he said he had lost the other one,  nothing to stop him coming back later and using his ‘lost’ key, I said no thank you to the deal.

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Not the same experience, the seller only had 1 key, he said he had lost the other one,  nothing to stop him coming back later and using his ‘lost’ key, I said no thank you to the deal.

You can changes the lock 

• 2 weeks later...