Household town water cost

simple1

Just trying to get an understanding of water supply cost in Pattaya. e.g. what is your monthly town water bill for say a couple

Thanks...

2 people in house with small garden and plants which the gf waters maximum 250 baht per month and more often only 150 baht.

• Thanks 1

if you have direct PWA water supply to your house (like I have), water is about 10 baht per cbm for the first 10 cbm, 16 for next 10, 19 next 10,  21 for next 30

fixed fee 30 baht per mo

add vat on top

if you stay in condo, at least some condos are in the big business water plan with single PWA subsciption/bill with marginal rate at about 32 per cbm. Thats why many places charge residents 30-40 per cbm for water (i.e 3-4 times what a house owner/renter pays)

then depends on how much you use. I guess usually some 5 cbm/mo per person, but really depends on showering and toilet seat habits and also how much use for garden

for me one person full time + a bit of garden watering + another person part time maybe half time usually 100-150 per mo i.e water is practically freebie

see pricing

https://www.pwa.co.th/contents/service/table-price

Edited by mran66
  • Thanks 2

Thanks everyone. My reason for asking was that we had a water bill for 1,500 baht after being way for a few years. However, we did have the house walls cleaned with high pressure water house, some concrete mixing and so on.  I'll see what happens with next bill.

14 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Thanks everyone. My reason for asking was that we had a water bill for 1,500 baht after being way for a few years. However, we did have the house walls cleaned with high pressure water house, some concrete mixing and so on.  I'll see what happens with next bill.

That's a lot of water. I bet someone left a tap open for some time. Or leak. Follow your meter for few days to see how many cbm goes daily. 

My neighbor did not and had about 50k water bill couple years ago... 

Edited by mran66
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, simple1 said:

There is a fixed small monthly service charge, not related to consumption, on my bills too. 

17 hours ago, simple1 said:

Just trying to get an understanding of water supply cost in Pattaya. e.g. what is your monthly town water bill for say a couple

Thanks...

The pricing is different for company owned properties and private properties. 

My water charges are much higher for company owned house to that of house in my children's name (Thai). 

Condominiums pay direct to Juristic management. 

My older condo is 20 baht per unit, my newer condos water charges are 40 baht per unit (1000 litres). 

One condo I get charged minimum 100 baht per month, the others no minimum. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The pricing is different for company owned properties and private properties. 

My water charges are much higher for company owned house to that of house in my children's name (Thai). 

Condominiums pay direct to Juristic management. 

My older condo is 20 baht per unit, my newer condos water charges are 40 baht per unit (1000 litres). 

One condo I get charged minimum 100 baht per month, the others no minimum. 

You can change the water plan for company owned house to normal residential plan if you want. Just go pwa office with blue book and past water bill, they do the change on the spot. Pwa guy will come to check that the place is indeed a residence, that's it. I did abt 4 hrs ago (after paying the 350-400 baht for few years...) , and many neighbors followed after success. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mran66 said:

You can change the water plan for company owned house to normal residential plan if you want. Just go pwa office with blue book and past water bill, they do the change on the spot. Pwa guy will come to check that the place is indeed a residence, that's it. I did abt 4 hrs ago (after paying the 350-400 baht for few years...) , and many neighbors followed after success. 

Wow, this is handy to know, thanks.

I wish City Hall would be so nice.

Around 10 years city hall started charging company owned home owners, which they back dated, cheeky buggers. I went to city hall and argued with them, saying its a domestic house occupied by 4 family members, it's not a business, they refused to listen.

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

... city hall started charging company owned home owners, which they back dated, cheeky buggers. I went to city hall and argued with them, saying its a domestic house occupied by 4 family members, it's not a business, they refused to listen.

... And that goes on still. Couple of my neighbors got this backdated tax in last few months. I for mine already 4-5 years ago.

But the new tax system is ok for now at least. Tax went from 7500 to 300, with 90% discount for first two years to 30 baht. But I bet soon they will separate company/foreigner owned property and tax those at 10x rate.

Edited by mran66
  • Thanks 1