Foreign Man Caught Riding a Motorbike on Kamala Beach – VIDEO

webfact

It seems the rules about vehicles on the beach are very different in different countries.

I can't imagine ever seeing a vehicle on the beach when I grew up. Not in the country where I lived, and not in any neighboring country in Europe. 

But I remember seeing Hollywood movies where people drove regularly with cars on the beach.

Thais ride their bikes, drive their pickups ( towing boats) on the beach daily,
PLUS on the sidewalk, thais an farangs ride their bikes>!!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

The journalism in Thailand seems to make "news" out of the smallest things.

It would be rather embarrassing if they went around the streets and reported what really goes on...

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems the rules about vehicles on the beach are very different in different countries.

I can't imagine ever seeing a vehicle on the beach when I grew up. Not in the country where I lived, and not in any neighboring country in Europe. 

But I remember seeing Hollywood movies where people drove regularly with cars on the beach.

Strange: many, many times seeing people riding dirt bikes and quads also blokart's down on my local beach in the UK. Its a great place for youngsters to learn to ride motorbikes and actually nice to watch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Kamala Police Chief Colonel Somsak Thongkleang told the Phuket Express that he has ordered police to place some cones at the entrance of the beach to prevent riders and drivers from entering.

Cones won't stop M/C just put a chain across. Anyway is it not up to the council to put up signs etc. I notice nothing was mentioned of the pick up parked at the bottom.  

2 hours ago, sikishrory said:

I just can't imagine "foriegner caught riding a motorbike on the beach" being a news headline in Europe, Australia, US etc.

The journalism in Thailand seems to make "news" out of the smallest things.

Same for the weekly TAT expects xx,000,000 tourists.

Or a man overstayed his visa 10 days.

So strange

almost no one in Thailand reads/watches real news.

they have some real news broadcasted for example by Thai PBS and others, but most will be like "uuuuh headache" "think too mutt" etc.
most people prefer watching someone falling off a bike on a video that is looped 50 times while 3-4 clown commentators of dubious gender crack jokes about it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is clearly no longer about him driving on the beach at all, but the ANTI farang campaign in general if this made the TV news.... Thais do this all the time. Meanwhile they ignore all the sexual abuse and other crazy things happening in the land of smiles, with their own people...

Calm down with the 'anti' speech.

There was a similar thing in the news recently about a Thai guy being fined after driving his car on the beach.

Lots of reporting of Thais being arrested for sexual abuse, murder, theft etc  infinitum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

Strange: many, many times seeing people riding dirt bikes and quads also blokart's down on my local beach in the UK. Its a great place for youngsters to learn to ride motorbikes and actually nice to watch. 

Good point

That reminds me that this is how I learned, in part, driving a car. I was on holiday with my parents, and they rented a small car. When we were near a beach, with lots of little "streets" full of sand, they let me drive the car and learn. It was fun. And luckily nothing happened. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Calm down with the 'anti' speech.

There was a similar thing in the news recently about a Thai guy being fined after driving his car on the beach.

Lots of reporting of Thais being arrested for sexual abuse, murder, theft etc  infinitum.

Yeah lots of reporting, of handling 5% of the actual problems and crimes, to then sentence them for 1-2 years while putting a small time druggie away for 20 years.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

And the pickup?

That's different, those chairs don't get there themselves.

I reckon Thailand should just shut Phuket for a few months, maybe a year then start fresh.

Of course no tourist troubles means no tourist dollars. 

Edited by n00dle

Crime of the century.

In the meanwhile, a few tens of thousands motorcycles driven by Thais are driving on sidewalks and driving the wrong way down streets and highways as I write this.

But?  "The dirty foreigner is a criminal." 

If a Thai had been driving the motorcycle this would be a non-event and unreported.

Edited by connda

2 hours ago, rexpotter said:

From Cha Am down to the end of The Gulf of Thailand people(Thai's) drive cars and trucks and bikes on the beach all day and night. They are doing it right now.

Yep - and no one is reporting on it because for Thais it's normal behavior.  But in a highly nationalistic, ethnocentric country?  "Foreign Bad!"

How on earth would any visitor know what the rules are here when they arrive? They see locals doing all kinds of nutty stuff with vehicles and the things we call sidewalks are full of motorized vehicles. Biking paths are race tracks for lazy locals on the motorbikes. Cars on parked on sidewalks, making it impossible to walk safely. Give us a break.

• Agree 1