VIP Bus companies Chiang Mai to Bangkok?

FolkGuitar

I have some large, fragile equipment I need to take down to Bangkok and don't want to trust airline baggage handlers or TSA agents with it, so I plan to go down by bus or train. I've done both many times in the past, and enjoy the ride. But I haven't done this since the Pandemic and wonder if there have been some advances made. I know there is a newer, more modern night train available (I didn't mind the old ones,) but I'm thinking about some kind of VIP overnight bus.

Do you have any experience with these VIP buses, enough to know which to take and which to avoid? My onw search shows there 'were' quite a few different companies available in the past.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

12go.asia shows all options as well as recent reviews

Thanks for the suggestion. This site seems to only show one bus company though.
I'm looking for a more VIP-style bus, single seat on each side of the bus.

8 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Thanks for that. I'm looking for the company that runs the buses in the first photo; one seat on each side of the bus, which this company doesn't have.

Not quite sure what you are on about. The first photo shows the one seat side which you can book. I dont like busses myself, and dont think there is a one on one configuration here. Just book the one seat side mate.  

• Haha 1

What happened to Nakorn Chai Air bus service?

A few years back I used their service CM to BKK and return several times, always quite happy with their service, and they had a good well deserved reputation for safety. 

19 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Thanks for that. I'm looking for the company that runs the buses in the first photo; one seat on each side of the bus, which this company doesn't have.

15 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Sombat Tours offers VIP 20-seat busses, with a single seat on each side of the aisle.

Ooops

7 minutes ago, marin said:

Again I say are you sure? I sent you Sombat tour, its 2-1.

https://www.sombattour.com/en/services/view/bus-standards-comparison

Screenshot 2024-04-11 094125.png

From the website you first posted, towards the bottom with photo confirming.

The Wiang Ping Super VIP Class Bus

Every day there is one trip of a super luxurious bus departing from Bangkok and Chiang Mai. It’s called the “Wiang Ping” Super VIP Bus. The bus is a 20 seater luxury coach aims to give its passengers the comfort feel comparable to the first-class airline experience. 

The seats are bigger and more spacious. There are only two rows of seats, separated from each other by the aisle so that you won’t be bothered by a chatty seatmate

• Love It 1

Of course Bill. I simply did not read to the bottom. So many options any service you choose. I dont take the bus, trains or planes for me. Did my one bus journey to Chiang Mai 40 years ago. 

Edited by marin
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, marin said:

Again I say are you sure? I sent you Sombat tour, its 2-1.

https://www.sombattour.com/en/services/view/bus-standards-comparison

The biggest problem is that many of the bus companies' sites are out of date.
Some now have completely different buses and timetables. Often, the photos ON the site are not from either Thailand or the company! (Case in point, the photo of the 'pod seat' at the start of the Sombat page. They do NOT have that bus!
I found it best to call each one and ask for what I was looking for. And even then, I received some incorrect information FROM one of the companies!
However, here is a YouTube video of the 20-seat Sombat bus. One seat on each side. This bus, however, is NOT listed in Sombat's schedule on their site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8I5TQlItbU