Tourists Complain Over Sanitation Issues at Pattaya Bali Hai Pier

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Tourists at Pattaya’s Bali Hai Pier are expressing dissatisfaction with the pier’s hygiene, citing overflowing garbage bins, stinky portable toilets, and even leaking liquid waste dripping from the toilets.

The concerns initially became known via a guide, who asked The Pattaya News to keep their anonymity. The guide stated that many tourists have been complaining to them about the garbage overflowing from the bins, as well as the stench from the portable toilets at Bali Hai Pier.

The guide also noted that there was liquid waste leaking from the toilets onto the ground, creating an unsanitary and smelly environment. The Pattaya News reporters went to the pier on April 11th, 2024, and found that the guide’s complaints were mostly true. Numerous pieces of trash, including food containers, plastic bags, cigarette butts, and empty bottles, were found strewn around the pier’s waiting areas.

Even though city hall security guards and special task force officers were present, the garbage was still scattered around the place.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-12

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

PPNew1000.jpg

• Haha 1

They used to have proper toilets there, so why the need for portable ones?

As for the rubbish, I've never known Thais to be particularly concerned about such. All of Samet was a garbage tip last time I went there, and even Bkk has a waste disposal problem. Some off Sukhumvit sois had a thriving rat population living off the garbage.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

It's the tourists that create the mess to begin with... they miss the bin... so what they say... I don't live here.

The bins are full and should be emptied more often. On Koh Chang now they use mini skips 10 times this size. not small plastic bins. 

Edited by brianthainess

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They used to have proper toilets there, so why the need for portable ones?

This is Thailand, we say we don't like corruption but we do if we can pocket money. Aside from that, we do not really have or use brains too. That's why.

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Thais don't see garbage...they don't smell bad smells..they don't hear noisy motor bikes....and they don't recognize dirty toilets....

They don't seem, to mind queues and being crowded too, I almost think they like it.

4 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Why would anyone make this up???

There are many people that just like to complain for the sake of it. You can't please all the people all of the time.

• Sad 2

50 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The bins are full and should be emptied more often. On Koh Chang now they use mini skips 10 times this size. not small plastic bins. 

And yet the tourists still miss the bigger bins on a regular basis... go figure.

Over flowing Street bins  all over East Pattaya  too.. its the Garbage collectors Moonlighting, they don't have time to clear  Public waste so they tell us,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourists at Pattaya’s Bali Hai Pier are expressing dissatisfaction with the pier’s hygiene, citing overflowing garbage bins, stinky portable toilets, and even leaking liquid waste dripping from the toilets.

If they stayed more than a fortnight they'd realise this is quite normal and not something to complain about.

Bloody tourists

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They don't seem, to mind queues and being crowded too, I almost think they like it.

The Chinese will gladly join a long queue as something must be good at the front.

As my lady friend said on my first day in Thailand, when I asked her, "why so much garbage everywhere"?  Her answer, "welcome to Thailand".

On 4/12/2024 at 7:37 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Thais don't see garbage...they don't smell bad smells..they don't hear noisy motor bikes....and they don't recognize dirty toilets....

My wife lets the world know when I fart.

So I guess they can detect loud noise and bad smells :w00t: