Bowling buddies Pattaya?

ME100

I'm an expat new in town and would like to take up bowling again. Is anyone aware of an expat bowling team or if anyone is interested in bowling please let me know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Are there even any bowling alleys around? There used to be one at the Avenue shopping centre but that closed during covid I think

Bowling alley top floor of Central is probably still open.

20 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Are there even any bowling alleys around? There used to be one at the Avenue shopping centre but that closed during covid I think

2nd and Klang also years ago 

16 minutes ago, Irish star said:

2nd and Klang also years ago 

Yes, that was in Tops... that certainly has gone. Pretty sure I recently heard the one in The Avenue was operating.....

There is a nice air conditioned 12 lane bowling alley at the jomtien palm beach resort off beach road.

unfortunately there are no leagues.

I was joining a mixed group of expats with their Thai wives and girlfriends, who met each Wednesday afternoons for a bit of fun bowling. 120B per game, 40B for shoe hire.

I’m looking forward to bringing my bowling balls with me when I return from the Uk in August.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2024 at 2:45 PM, Georgealbert said:

Are you looking for 10 pin or crown green bowling?

If the latter are you aware of the Retreat Lawn Bowling Club Pattaya.

https://www.lawnbowlingthailand.com/

I remember when I was young in Australia all the old people wearing white clothes playing lawn bowls 

Not anymore it seems 

They have all mostly closed 

Years ago there used to be a Lawn bowling club in Soi Bukhao 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I remember when I was young in Australia all the old people wearing white clothes playing lawn bowls 

Not anymore it seems 

No idea how popular it is anywhere, I have never played myself, but have a few friends who enjoy it in Pattaya area.

I have read it was British settlers that brought lawn bowls to Australia in the 19th century.

This story from 2019 says at that time there were more than 2,000 lawn bowls clubs in Australia, and according to Bowls Australia, 693,563 people registered players, did Covid kill them all or have they all closed or just have canopies now.

https://enviroclass.com.au/blogs/bowling-beyond-boundaries-how-canopies-are-transforming-australias-lawn-bowling-scene

On 4/15/2024 at 10:55 AM, ME100 said:

I'm an expat new in town and would like to take up bowling again. Is anyone aware of an expat bowling team or if anyone is interested in bowling please let me know.

Lots of dodgy crypto guys here who would like to be your friend 

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Not anymore it seems 

Crikey GG, I know your getting ready to retire but if you think lawnbowls in Oz is no more, youve left it too late!! 

Screenshot_20240417-060414.jpg

Edited by Olmate
Add

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Not anymore it seems 

I recall one out on the darkside many years ago. Flat green IIRC, as opposed to crown green. Certainly would not be popular right now in the 38 degC sun!