A Weary Trump Appears to Doze Off in Courtroom Ahead of Criminal Trial

Social Media

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

The only possible reason for this trial is for Biden to use it as an excuse to avoid debating Trump.  Hell, I was listening to clips of him from even 3 years ago- the difference is stark. No way Biden can hold up for 90 minutes or 2 hours facing questions and follow-ups. 

Even if every charge was dismissed against Trump tomorrow, no way in the world Biden debates Trump. 

19 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

The only reason Trump is in court is because he broke the law. Can't intelligently spin it any other way

The only reason Trump is in court is because it is alleged and subsequently charged that he broke the law. Can't intelligently spin it any other way

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's New York law that defendants in criminal cases be in court.

So what you think is irrelevant unless you think Trump is above the law.

As shown earlier in the thread: 

1. Trump would only need to be in the court every day if the prosecutor demands it. 

2. What I said was: "...that I believe the misdemeanor charge of misreporting the reimbursement payment to Cohen as legal fees rather that NDA payment is credible." and (again as shown earlier in the thread) any defendant would not have to appear in court for a misdemeanor charge. 

I don't think Trump is above the law, but neither do I think he is below the law.  

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The law demands Defendant Trump be in court, the Judge may under limited circumstances permit Defendant Trump to not be in court and then only if The People do not object - so not at the Judges sole discretion.

As for your point 2, it doesn’t matter what you think, Defendant Trump is indicted on 34 counts of fraudulent business accounting pursuant to another crime - not a Misdemeanor- 34 felony counts.

Read the indictment and stop gaslighting this misdemeanor nonsense.

Defendant Trump is indicted on 34 Felony counts.

Defendant Trump is under the law.

And he’s back in court again today.

Enjoy.

"There are a few exceptions. Trump could ask to be excused and waive his right to be present, but the prosecution could object"... then it becomes solely the judges decision whether to allow trump to waive his right to be present and overrule the "peoples" objection... why do you always stop short of a complete explanation?  After all you are the wizard of all things... and know it all... please give us complete knowledge in the future... PLEASE

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Biden is an expert at debates. Been doing it for decades. Unlike Trump

Dang... I spit out my coffee laughing when I read that.  Name one debate that joe did and was good at it... do you just make things up as you go?

• Confused 4

13 hours ago, Roo Island said:

It's called election interference. Sad that the press and politicians say it's about hush money.

Do you know what election interference is? 

If so, can you provide a definition? 

If so, can you explain how keeping the story out of the press is election interference, per your definition?

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The law demands Defendant Trump be in court, the Judge may under limited circumstances permit Defendant Trump to not be in court and then only if The People do not object - so not at the Judges sole discretion.

As for your point 2, it doesn’t matter what you think, Defendant Trump is indicted on 34 counts of fraudulent business accounting pursuant to another crime - not a Misdemeanor- 34 felony counts.

Read the indictment and stop gaslighting this misdemeanor nonsense.

Defendant Trump is indicted on 34 Felony counts.

Defendant Trump is under the law.

And he’s back in court again today.

Enjoy.

Indeed, the only reason Trump has to be in court is because Alvin Bragg objects. Yes, we have been over this, and we agree. 

And yes, there are 34 felony counts that have been cobbled together using the hush-money misdemeanor bookkeeping charges and calling the payment a campaign finance violation, correct? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Indeed, the only reason Trump has to be in court is because Alvin Bragg objects. Yes, we have been over this, and we agree. 

And yes, there are 34 felony counts that have been cobbled together using the hush-money misdemeanor bookkeeping charges and calling the payment a campaign finance violation, correct? 

Yet more misrepresentation of reality.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not on felony charges he can’t.

I have provided a link to relevant law and to Parker Warning.

Let’s pretend Trump is sitting in court because he likes being their shall we?!

And I provided a subsequent link showing you were wrong in your assessment. The judge could allow him to not be present as long as the people (in this case Alvin Bragg) does not object. 

We've been over this, and you know this. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yet more misrepresentation of reality.

How? 

The whole trial and all the charges revolve around the hush money being reported as legal fees paid to Michael Cohen, and the state claiming it was actually a campaign expense.