Bangkok Launches Major Pavement Renovation Project

snoop1130

Oh...here we go again! Footpaths ripped apart....never any rush to put them back together and my biggest gripes; The usually rip up a kilometer or something and after a while, manage to reduce workers and then only use 1 or 2 gangs. 

From what I've seen these contractors can't pave or concrete for shiet.

- no sir, you cannot use cardboard for your formwork.

-  no sir, leveling using a large wooden board you have your "assistant" walk back and forth on is maybe not the best way. Yes, I realise she's a big gal but it still won't work. (this happened)

Points though for creative macgyvering.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

New pavement today and then major repairs in 6-12 months time.

Oldest trick in the book for ongoing projects.

A double whammy.

The skimming must continue.

I look forward to the day - in about 10 years? (if I'm still on my feet by then) - when the walk from my hotel in Asoke to Terminal 21 becomes a pleasure rather than an obstacle course.

• Haha 1

As a kid growing up in France in one of its many medieval small towns & villages dating back to medieval times (if not roman times) i was used to streets covered by old cobblestones. Bangkok side walks looks like the ultimate luxury to me 🙂

Thailand is not the place to go if your disabled especially if you use a wheelchair! Unless you want to stay in a real 4 or 5 star hotel and not leave. Thailand is not disabled friendly.  Even disabled parking spaces are taken up by big SUV's or Thai so called high end vehicle's who have the disability of Entitlement fantasy!@!!!

• Agree 1