Have you called the cops?

georgegeorgia

On 4/18/2024 at 7:50 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

as did he....huge stain on my wall now...and used my best towel...is all hard n crunchy 😞

It's a Good Job He Didn't Use Yer Curtains...............

Edited by Blueman1
More Added

On 4/18/2024 at 8:00 AM, PJ71 said:

Ditto, i have something similar set up.

Pay them 1000 baht a month, they randomly come by and sign the book and have a news, i live remotely so i appreciate it.

Can also be handy for other things, recently had a big snake and he got the boys round to get rid of it.

was in PranBuri village to do some shopping .  when a Mr Magoo..( thick glasses and all ) did a Thai style pull out without looking ..   clipped my back fender area ..  ( luckily it was an old 2004 Honda )

when I pulled over and got out he went into full yelling mode..     all the shop keepers were there laughing hard as hell when I pointed up to a pole with a security camera..    well the local boys showed up and suggested we all drive over to the PB station..   We called our "Red Box"  "Captain P"  and he arrived at the station within 10 mins to help sort it out.    then his insurance agent showed up and after a very brief inspection and using science to show the direction of the scrape mark Mr Magoo had to reach in his pocket and fork over 2000 Baht on the spot...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/27/2024 at 7:59 AM, Ralf001 said:

Not seeing the problem with that in all honesty !

I keep my nose out of your business, you keep your nose out of mine.

great so you wont mind when i move in next to you with all night parties, park across your  drive  etc etc its my business right

On 4/27/2024 at 9:05 AM, Ralf001 said:

I live in a house.

The morning a toaster was launched through the kitchen window damaging their car parked in the carport was interesting, I actually grabbed a beer and sat out on my front veranda and watched them... they went at for a good few hours !

living the dream eh..........thankfully i live in a 5  acre  field with no neighbours

On 4/26/2024 at 2:31 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I hope your playing AC/DC ....I'm on the highway to hell....

Or ZZ top 

You see you need to use reverse psychology 

Play that loud....put a long hair wig on....guitar and rock that head back n forth 

Twisted Sister lookalike 

Once they know your a crazy MF they will back down.believe me !

Look I'm in Thailand now ..and available for a price 

I'm sure once I'm there a few days annoying them they will shut their dogs up !

Remember, music can be a great outlet for stress relief, whether you're playing AC/DC on guitar or simply listening to your favorite tunes.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, murphybridget said:

That may escalate the tensions.

I dont care ,its either listening  to this all day & night at times or Pittbuls greatest hits, when he doesn’t control his dogs.

Why should I be subjected to his life style, noise nuisance.Hes very selfish, arrogant , and doesn’t care what others think.

He’s not into meditation  either .I complained  to the proper authorities three times with the last time resulting in 20 or more city officials coming to resolve the issue, he came out of his house onto the soi looked at the crowd and walked back into his house!

His daughter finally came out and signed a agreement that they would control their dogs. It’s gotten much better since, not 100% but better.

Edited by riclag

My more than 2 decades in Thailand:
1. A few years ago, it started to rain heavy and water levels on my street started to rise.
   As I had already witnessed a few floodings in my street, I drove my car to the main street (higher grounds) and took a motorbike taxi home.
   The next day, my street was flooded (about 40cm) and I waited for the water to receede to get my car back.
   At the evening, the water in the street was at a normal level and I went for my car.
   I was sure that I parked my car at a 7/11 shop, but it was not there anymore.
   Went the street up-and-down 500 meters, but not a sign of my car.
   Went to the police station nearby and told them my story.
   The policeman in charge took a policecar and we went the street up-and-down again.
   Found my car, located about 1km at the next 7/11

2. On a Saturday, 1st day of Songkhran, I went with my daughter to the horse riding school.
     It was located on an isolated place, far away from the local traffic.
     In the evening, as I was driving home, a cooling pipe burst and the cooling water drained out.
     In the middle of nowhere, on a holiday weekend and it was starting to be dark.
     A pick-up, full of people in the back celebrating the water splashing, passed me and saw that I was in trouble with my car.
    The driver stopped and came to look if he could offer some help.
    After explaining to him what happened, he called a tow vehicle and waited with us.
    The tow vehicle arrived about 10 minutes later and the driver of the pickup gave instructions to tow my car to the dealer.
    I paid the tow vehicle and the pickup driver invited me and my daughter to celebrate Songkhran with his family.
    We had the best Songkhran ever and sleeped at his house that night (on my daughters demand).
     The driver of the pickup was a high police officer.

3. Long ago, I was already divorced and had the custody of my daughter, a new law was out which implied that children should have an ID-Card at the age of 9 years.
     We went to the local City Hall for an ID-Card, but it was denied as the clerk insisted that the mother was needed to file for an ID-Card.
     I presented the divorce documents where I had the FULL parenthood, but for her the presence of the mother was needed.
     We went to the main City Hall for an ID-Card, but it was denied for the same reason.
     The clerk showed me a civil law book that stated that until the age of 16 years the mother had to be present for all oficial documents.
     After a few weeks, trying every possible step, we went to the Immigration Police and asked for their advice.
     The Immigration Police officer went with us and 2 other Immigration Policeman to the main City Hall, had a word in private with the clerk and returend a few minutes later.
     The clerk wrote a few papers, took pictures of my daughter and 15 minutes later we left the City Hall WITK an ID-Card for my daughter.

To keep it short, my encounters with the police have been very pleasant compared to the Police in my country.

On 5/8/2024 at 5:16 AM, riclag said:

I dont care ,its either listening  to this all day & night at times or Pittbuls greatest hits, when he doesn’t control his dogs.

Why should I be subjected to his life style, noise nuisance.Hes very selfish, arrogant , and doesn’t care what others think.

He’s not into meditation  either .I complained  to the proper authorities three times with the last time resulting in 20 or more city officials coming to resolve the issue, he came out of his house onto the soi looked at the crowd and walked back into his house!

His daughter finally came out and signed a agreement that they would control their dogs. It’s gotten much better since, not 100% but better.

That sounds incredibly frustrating. It's tough dealing with noise nuisances, especially when it affects your peace. I'm glad to hear that things have improved somewhat since the authorities got involved and an agreement was signed. Hopefully, it continues to get better. Stay strong!

• Thumbs Up 1