6 Thai men arrested for attacking 2 foreigners during Songkran

webfact

... while the other foreigner was a 30 year old man named Shi who worked as a university professor.

University professor at 30? <<< no wonder his name is Shi

So the foreign guys are named Phi and Shi... RIIIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT.

More tripe reporting by Thaiger. What a joke. DOn't believe anything from this outlet. 

Edited by spermwhale

Cops should be commended for promptly arresting the culprits. In the third clip in the OP there's footage of one cop talking to the culprits. He's got this big grin on his face which I found to be a little disconcerting. Little bit reminded me of 1960's civil rights era footage of a southern sheriff laughing and scratching with Klansmen under arrest for murdering Northern civil rights workers. Also noticed most of the people sitting in the back of the pickup were the girlfriends/wives of the assailants. Looks like a wolf pack mentality set in with no one wanting to be seen as unmanly in front of the women folk.

Edited by Gecko123

Big brave Thai men, they always prefer to fight with mates rather than one on one!

I hope the Thai media and public complain as hard about them as they do about Farang's misbehaving!!!

• Thanks 1

Are there any other countries where beeping your horn can get you killed on the spot? If not, it should be taught prior to any foreigner getting a license or renting a car here.

Edited by rexpotter
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Oh

Wahhhhh, unfair to falang, wahhhhh. This whining gets old. If you don't like the way Thailand does things go back where you came from. I don't blame Thai people for being angry at foreigners when they misbehave. They have every right to be prejudiced if that's the case, it's just human nature. You're all a bunch of intruders to them, they didn't invite you here. And from where I sit it doesn't look like you have much understanding or respect for them. (I'm not referencing this incident or these particular criminals, only the ones you generally imply are "so unfair") And it's the kettle calling the stove black - you're no less prejudiced, your prejudice against Thais is transparently revealed by all  your remarks. You have no moral authority to preach from. Nor do any of the rest of you. Who cares how the press covers it? There is little or no real journalism left ANYWHERE in the world. The rest of us didn't come here to listen to a bunch of doddering complainers. We know where we're better off - here - and we're grateful. I've managed to get through 10 years here without being treated so unfairly that I have to cry to the newspapers. Imagine that. If you want to change the world join the Peace Corps. And lastly, this is an example to prove all of you wrong - Thai people actually being arrested by Thai police, but that's not good enough, is it? Of course not. You enjoy complaining too much. 

Personally, after witnessing Songkran, I don't hold much of it.

There are many things that I find annoying, as someone who has to work 7 days a week.

(I would probably see it differently if I had Thai children and no need to work).

Nevertheless, I fully agree to everything you state: as a guest among hosts who actually did not invite me, I am not to judge local traditions, I am just to keep my opinions for myself, just saying to myself that next year, I will think about traveling abroad.

While I find some aspects of Thailand annoying - but which country is perfect?... - I find grumpy expats and entitled boomers always criticizing every sh*t even more annoying!

Like expats are normally told in every country I have been living in: if you don't like it, leave! Period!

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, craighj said:

Big brave Thai men, they always prefer to fight with mates rather than one on one!

I hope the Thai media and public complain as hard about them as they do about Farang's misbehaving!!!

Isn't it the case in most countries?

Never heard of women walking alone on the street being harassed by a group of "men"??

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

2 foreigners

Phi was a chef

Shi who worked as a university professor.

Shi and Phi, working as professor and chef. Out enjoying Songkran antagonizing the Thai's. 

You can't make these story lines up. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

University professor at 30? <<< no wonder his name is Shi

This is Thaiger "journalism": they can hardly tell a Professor from an Assistant Professor from a Lecturer from a Guest Lecturer...

(I have been a guest lecturer myself when I was in Vietnam and in Cambodia)

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

I wish we knew their nationality to start bashing them.

From their supposed surnames and how they looked in the video, they are likely SE Asians, maybe Chinese.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

All six suspects have been charged under Section 295 of the Criminal Law for physically assaulting others, and causing bodily harm. The potential punishment includes imprisonment for a maximum of two years, a fine of up to 40,000 baht, or both.

Apologies, wais, and forgiveness all around.

1 hour ago, BTB1977 said:

I hope these farang lawyer up and go after them like the poor thai doctor who now suffers from PTSD and has a permanent disability.  

Aha, another apologist for the Swiss thug and his entitled wife.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BTB1977 said:

I hope these farang lawyer up and go after them like the poor thai doctor who now suffers from PTSD and has a permanent disability.  

Aha, another apologist for the Swiss thug and his entitled wife.

• Agree 1