6 Thai men arrested for attacking 2 foreigners during Songkran

webfact

5 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Oh

Wahhhhh, unfair to falang, wahhhhh. This whining gets old. If you don't like the way Thailand does things go back where you came from. I don't blame Thai people for being angry at foreigners when they misbehave. They have every right to be prejudiced if that's the case, it's just human nature. You're all a bunch of intruders to them, they didn't invite you here. And from where I sit it doesn't look like you have much understanding or respect for them. (I'm not referencing this incident or these particular criminals, only the ones you generally imply are "so unfair") And it's the kettle calling the stove black - you're no less prejudiced, your prejudice against Thais is transparently revealed by all  your remarks. You have no moral authority to preach from. Nor do any of the rest of you. Who cares how the press covers it? There is little or no real journalism left ANYWHERE in the world. The rest of us didn't come here to listen to a bunch of doddering complainers. We know where we're better off - here - and we're grateful. I've managed to get through 10 years here without being treated so unfairly that I have to cry to the newspapers. Imagine that. If you want to change the world join the Peace Corps. And lastly, this is an example to prove all of you wrong - Thai people actually being arrested by Thai police, but that's not good enough, is it? Of course not. You enjoy complaining too much. 

10 years in Thailand.Very impressive.

Try posting again in another 10 years and we might listen to you Sonny.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modern Coding said:

This is Thaiger "journalism"

Unbelievable!
here's lecturer at <secret> University [very big] in BKK calls himself "professor". Why? 

this is how he interprets "ajan" >>> someone bigger than simple teacher

Yes, it said on his name card

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

Sorry, they did and they spend millions of baht, and have a whole govt department whose only job is to do just that! 

I think you need to re-read my  post ! 

• Confused 1

That's the worst bs story I've ever heard. 100% not what happened for sure. Send him and his friends to rot in jail PLEASE! It's absurd that a Swiss idiot is facing jail and deportation for bruising some bitch's ego, while these actual criminals put two men in hospital and they'll probably walk away with a small fine.

Ohh, and "foreigners"? Chinese or Myanmar or something similar. These are not who we think about when you say "foreigners".

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Normal for thai males

and no shame involved at all. that's how it is here  so if you intend to" have a go" anytime   take your mates with you, When in |Rome an all that

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

and no shame involved at all. that's how it is here  so if you intend to" have a go" anytime   take your mates with you, When in |Rome an all that

Don't most countries do the same when foreigners or immigrants are involved?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Oh

Wahhhhh, unfair to falang, wahhhhh. This whining gets old. If you don't like the way Thailand does things go back where you came from. I don't blame Thai people for being angry at foreigners when they misbehave. They have every right to be prejudiced if that's the case, it's just human nature. You're all a bunch of intruders to them, they didn't invite you here. And from where I sit it doesn't look like you have much understanding or respect for them. (I'm not referencing this incident or these particular criminals, only the ones you generally imply are "so unfair") And it's the kettle calling the stove black - you're no less prejudiced, your prejudice against Thais is transparently revealed by all  your remarks. You have no moral authority to preach from. Nor do any of the rest of you. Who cares how the press covers it? There is little or no real journalism left ANYWHERE in the world. The rest of us didn't come here to listen to a bunch of doddering complainers. We know where we're better off - here - and we're grateful. I've managed to get through 10 years here without being treated so unfairly that I have to cry to the newspapers. Imagine that. If you want to change the world join the Peace Corps. And lastly, this is an example to prove all of you wrong - Thai people actually being arrested by Thai police, but that's not good enough, is it? Of course not. You enjoy complaining too much. 

Exactly, the Thai bashing is out of order. 

Trying to imagine a couple of Chinese, or Muslim, or whatever being aggressive at a Scottish festival like Hogmany. We aren't going to say he Mr foreigner let's have a square go, especially if they were bigger, like most foreigners are to Thais. 

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, ujayujay said:

This cowards never have the courage to go one to one.....Scum!

How does that work?  Seen many one to many and never witnessed the many stop to elect the person to fight.  In the real world, fights are rarely one to one.  We Farangs are the minority here and hence the natural consequence of us fighting many Thais.  Same would happen in Mexico, Columbia....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, atpeace said:

How does that work?  Seen many one to many and never witnessed the many stop to elect the person to fight.  In the real world, fights are rarely one to one.  We Farangs are the minority here and hence the natural consequence of us fighting many Thais.  Same would happen in Mexico, Columbia....

Interesting, it would also happen in Finland, Spain, Portugal, France, Philippines, China, and Vietnam. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Modern Coding said:

Well, time for you to go to bed, kid!

I'm not a child, or even a baby "GOAT", but I do get bored with these "if you don't like it -  go home" posts.

Nothing or nowhere is perfect, andf I don't expect it to be, but that still doesn't mean that if I'm not happy about a particular situation or statement, I should just "put up or shut up"!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Sorry to say this but that was idiotic thing to do, a little patience is needed when the water throwing is in full swing, imagine what would have happened to me if I had started honking in my village. sorry my vid won't play when I upload it. this was 16th April 2024 10pm

FILE180813-155719F-frameat0m54s.jpg.ee4289b02744e51fd951aa753b948cfa.jpg

FILE180813-155719F-frameat2m2s.jpg.46d45b23c15ae6855eedb96d0eb10808.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat2m28s.jpg.808ea62a4c153088b7dacc831b026ed6.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat2m32s.jpg.b4f3616016aab465b03093ef142bc2a7.jpg

FILE180813-155719F-frameat2m24s.jpg.093160e8e8115b03cbe6b24e8c5303f9.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat2m33s.jpg.0a1ae4f50f8eeac5272780a9155be501.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat0m54s.jpg.ee4289b02744e51fd951aa753b948cfa.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat2m28s.jpg.808ea62a4c153088b7dacc831b026ed6.jpg

And you really believe the offender. Amazing. He also found a knife on the road. In your village lots of knives on the road too. 5555555555555

typical gang mentality as when you fight ONE thai you fight them ALL..one big family..also they all seem to be carrying knives...used to think it was just tuk tuks and the machete under the seat.......

choose your battles wisely gents as you see what happens when you keep your emotions bottled up and how they let it all out on SK...like a powderkeg.....keep your wits about you out there

13 hours ago, NemoH said:

The victims honked n got out of their cars to confront their attackers? 

Either the victims were drunk n foolhardy or they were simply arrogant n looking for a fight. 🤣🤣 so the victims lost n now claim to be victimised… 

I will have more sympathy if the victims had remained in their car n were attacked for no reason. 

"Phi and Shi then got out of their SUV and asked Rattaphum and their friends to move."
That equates to confronting?
Drunk and foolhardy or arrogant? Not sure how you come to that conclusion. How about they needed to get somewhere and they saw that the car ahead of them could move, but maybe its occupants were playing water fights with people on the street instead? Who knows.... The two foreigners may have been perfectly polite. They may not have been polite. We don't know. But either way, being asked to move politely or rudely is not a reason for attempting to kill someone. Stabbing is a hell of a lot more serious than a many people seem to think. You imply that they had a reason to try to kill these guys. That's pretty extreme. They may have had an excuse, but nothing remotely close to a reason that anyone can possibly reasonably conclude from this article.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Thai people actually getting arrested for crimes against foreigners. How many of you complainers does this prove wrong? Doesn't matter because you're not the sort that ever admits to being wrong, that would spoil the fun of complaining. 

Definitely agree that there is a ridiculous amount of complaining that goes on in this forum. It gets downright toxic far too often. In this case, Thais being arrested for what could essentially amount to attempted murder, shouldn't be anything in particular to be touting as something so special that someone actually got arrested. I think people equate things like an idiot kicking a lady in the back and leaving a bit of a red mark (which could easily be left by a slight scuffing of the fabric against the skin, especially a lady's softer more sensitive skin) and having the aggressor's face and business paraded all over the place as worthy of complaining to a case against when thugs like these may get arrested, but the town will likely hardly care and they won't have their places of work or businesses publicized and there won't be protests in the streets to have them put away for a good long time, even though they actually put lives in danger over a situation similar to the Swiss guy - someone wanted someone to move. The Thais endangered human lives. The Swiss guy committed a simple assault with hardly any danger more than maybe the possibility of breaking a fingernail and an ego. The outcome between the two are hardly comparable for the level of the results among the public and media.
Of course, that's just one example. But I think that's the gist of why so many make harshly negative remarks on this sort of thing. So, in this case, I would say it is more justified. Whereas very often, I agree that the complaining and racist sorts of remarks get ridiculous. Your rant is justified on many threads in this forum, but in this thread, I think you more or less went the same route as those complainers.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Sorry to say this but that was idiotic thing to do, a little patience is needed when the water throwing is in full swing, imagine what would have happened to me if I had started honking in my village. sorry my vid won't play when I upload it. this was 16th April 2024 10pm

FILE180813-155719F-frameat0m54s.jpg.ee4289b02744e51fd951aa753b948cfa.jpg

FILE180813-155719F-frameat2m2s.jpg.46d45b23c15ae6855eedb96d0eb10808.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat2m28s.jpg.808ea62a4c153088b7dacc831b026ed6.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat2m32s.jpg.b4f3616016aab465b03093ef142bc2a7.jpg

FILE180813-155719F-frameat2m24s.jpg.093160e8e8115b03cbe6b24e8c5303f9.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat2m33s.jpg.0a1ae4f50f8eeac5272780a9155be501.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat0m54s.jpg.ee4289b02744e51fd951aa753b948cfa.jpgFILE180813-155719F-frameat2m28s.jpg.808ea62a4c153088b7dacc831b026ed6.jpg

Songkran called a world class tourist event the other day, hundreds die and are maimed every year, drunken driving the main cause, I stay well away from it, they cannot control it and I feel sorry for the people who lose loved ones because of this senseless event. 

13 minutes ago, Sig said:

Definitely agree that there is a ridiculous amount of complaining that goes on in this forum. It gets downright toxic far too often. In this case, Thais being arrested for what could essentially amount to attempted murder, shouldn't be anything in particular to be touting as something so special that someone actually got arrested. I think people equate things like an idiot kicking a lady in the back and leaving a bit of a red mark (which could easily be left by a slight scuffing of the fabric against the skin, especially a lady's softer more sensitive skin) and having the aggressor's face and business paraded all over the place as worthy of complaining to a case against when thugs like these may get arrested, but the town will likely hardly care and they won't have their places of work or businesses publicized and there won't be protests in the streets to have them put away for a good long time, even though they actually put lives in danger over a situation similar to the Swiss guy - someone wanted someone to move. The Thais endangered human lives. The Swiss guy committed a simple assault with hardly any danger more than maybe the possibility of breaking a fingernail and an ego. The outcome between the two are hardly comparable for the level of the results among the public and media.
Of course, that's just one example. But I think that's the gist of why so many make harshly negative remarks on this sort of thing. So, in this case, I would say it is more justified. Whereas very often, I agree that the complaining and racist sorts of remarks get ridiculous. Your rant is justified on many threads in this forum, but in this thread, I think you more or less went the same route as those complainers.

The kicker in this case is a thug. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The kicker in this case is a thug. 

No disagreement in that he behaved like a thug. In my experience and reading, "thug" has normally referenced a criminal type, especially who is part of a group or gang. That's why I referred to the punks in this report as thugs and referred to the Swiss guy simply as an idiot. But yes, he was behaving thuggish for sure.

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Don't most countries do the same when foreigners or immigrants are involved?

I think you are probably right, but here 5 or more onto one is  hardly reserved just for foreigners is it . Without wishing to "Thai bash" anybody watching the Ihai news on TV could genuinely be forgiven for thinking that Thai guys save the one on one concept of fighting  for the times when they attack elderly members of their own families.  Maybe out of a sense of respect, or more likely, because more often than not, their friends are not present during the majority of domestic altercations so they have no real choice in the matter.

However, when fighting amongst themselves and their peers,its clear that  the 5 onto 1 scenario is very very common, almost to the point that it is the norm

Where I come from, Liverpool Uk . attacks on elderly relatives are very rare,   like any other city, there is  no shortage of scuffles between  youths, but 5 onto one really is frowned upon, by those involved and by society in general,  it is considered a sign of cowardice , and is even  liable to result in repercussions from one's peers, the same can be said for attacking from behind, or kicking a man when he's down.  There is in effect an unwritten code of behaviour for situations involving violence, but  I can see no evidence of such here in Thailand

I am not arguing the rights and wrongs of this,   as they say "it is what it is" and anybody considering "having a go" at a Thai needs to bear this in mind. Whether they are a foreigner or a Thai themselves

18 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Ban Alcohol , Free the Ganja  

there is almost a case for making it compulsory here, It would certainly reduce incidents of this nature

54 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Where I come from, Liverpool Uk . attacks on elderly relatives are very rare,   like any other city, there is  no shortage of scuffles between  youths, but 5 onto one really is frowned upon, by those involved and by society in general,  it is considered a sign of cowardice , and is even  liable to result in repercussions from one's peers, the same can be said for attacking from behind, or kicking a man when he's down. 

Similarly in Scotland, especially kicking someone when down. There are repercussions. Must be  British thing. 

Now in Scotland, this square go culture is a thing of the past, i heard. 

• Thanks 1