Pattaya sees record tourist surge during Songkran

snoop1130

Pattaya-2-Tourists-fall-victim-to-hotel-scams-amidst-Songkran-festivities-in-Pattaya-PIC-2.jpg

As the extended Songkran holiday wrapped up on Tuesday, tourists bid farewell to the sun-kissed islands surrounding Pattaya, turning the Bali Hai Pier area into a buzzing hub of activity. Local authorities ramped up services to cater to the influx, ensuring convenience for visitors throughout the holiday period.

Officers stationed at the pier witnessed a remarkable influx of tourists from April 12 to 15, with an average of 30,000 Thai visitors and foreign tourists per day seeking leisure and relaxation on the islands. On April 12 alone, 8,102 tourists set sail on island adventures via 42 ferry services. The numbers surged the following day, reaching 16,885 visitors served by 87 ferry trips.

April 14 and 15 saw 7,462 and 9,259 visitors respectively, with ferry services numbering 36 and 48. This tallied up to 41,708 passengers traversing the islands over the four days, with ferry fares holding steady at 30 baht per person per trip. Factoring in speedboat excursions, the total could surpass 120,000 visitors over the five-day holiday.

Amidst the festivities, reports surfaced of unscrupulous individuals exploiting the tourist influx. Some fell prey to fraudulent accommodation bookings on the islands, where deceptive online platforms duped tourists into transferring money for non-existent reservations. These incidents posed challenges to Pattaya’s tourism sector during the Songkran festivities, reported Pattaya Mail.

Despite these hurdles, the extended Songkran holiday proved to be a boon for tourism in Pattaya, offering both locals and visitors a chance to unwind and immerse themselves in the vibrant celebrations.

In related news, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) declared the recent Songkran celebrations at Sanam Luang in Bangkok a resounding success, drawing in a staggering 784,000 participants. TAT Governor Thapanee Kiatphaibool shared the triumphant news at a press conference, unveiling the splashing success of the Maha Songkran World Water Festival 2024.

The vibrant celebrations, spanning from April 11 to 15 on Rajdamnoen Klang Road and Sanam Luang, welcomed a whopping 784,883 attendees, with over 693,000 Thais joyously partaking, a whopping 72.18% of whom were proud Bangkok residents.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Caption: Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-18

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

Weird thing with Songkran in Pattaya is that 10% of people are up for it and 90% of people are behave like grumpy wet farts because of the constant wter fighting. But why do they come to Pattaya in the first place ? They know it's gonna be crazy and they won't like it but they book a flight and they come nonetheless. What a bunch of morons...

20 minutes ago, Negativ said:

Weird thing with Songkran in Pattaya is that 10% of people are up for it and 90% of people are behave like grumpy wet farts because of the constant wter fighting. But why do they come to Pattaya in the first place ? They know it's gonna be crazy and they won't like it but they book a flight and they come nonetheless. What a bunch of morons...

They hear stories about how great it is and end up not liking it once they are here (or at least it does not live up to the hype). The longer they stay, the more they complain.

I moved here thinking it was going to be a good party, which I do partake in. I ended up not liking it much. I never vibed with the scene much and my fellow expats are mostly from the Uk, France, etc that I don't relate well with as an American on a partying level. They also seem too old to hang out with, even though I'm mid-50's.

Edited by JimTripper

Just now, JimTripper said:

They hear stories about how great it is and end up not liking it once they are here. The longer they stay, the more they complain.

Nah. They don't even dress properly. I'm amazed by the number of sheer idiots walking around with their unprotected phone, getting angry when the device ends up all wet. People are so unbelievably dumb. You also have the indian guys dressed like it's prom night, yelling around coz they end up all wet. My lord those losers are from another world :D :D

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Negativ said:

Weird thing with Songkran in Pattaya is that 10% of people are up for it and 90% of people are behave like grumpy wet farts because of the constant wter fighting.

Well, that 10% represents a considerable number.

image.jpeg.5416185d56b8a69c8ff4fbb8f8612b73.jpeg

Best not be misled by the well-justified negativity here on the forum.

• Thanks 1