Trump criminal case: Full 12-person jury seated in Manhattan

Social Media

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Evidence is not Evidence until it is admitted in Court. One only has to look at the Georgia case where the Raffensperger 'find me 11K votes' phone call was the impetus for the whole investigation and indictment. Recording and transcript readily available.

Tossed by Judge McAfee on an indictment wording technicality.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-throws-6-counts-trumps-georgia-election-interference/story?id=108079326

From your lined article:

“The judge gave the Fulton County district attorney's office six months to refile the quashed charges, if they choose to do so.”

The judge rightly objected to the loose wording of the filing, not the evidence itself.

The Prosecution may reword the filing and resubmit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TorquayFan said:

Jury of 12 and the 6 alternates ready to sit on Monday.

In Trump's Day 4 exit speech, his mantra, 'Witch Hunt' is a misnomer . . . . rather call it a 'Law Hunt'.

Apparently at the end, Trump got up to go before the Judge's direction and was corrected.

The Judge seems fair but firm in these difficult circumstances and the many gross Contempts committed by Trump have, as yet, gone unpunished - any other Defendant would have been looking at a barred window by now.

Sad to see it all. But come on USA !

Yes, come on USA, but not for the reason you have IMO.

Perhaps the judge doesn't fancy having to go into witness protection.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The concern of some of us isn't that the law per se is erroneous, but the sheer number of indictments. If anyone really believes they are not politically motivated to have been brought just in time for election season and not in the previous 3 years, I have a few bridges for sale, hardly used and going cheap.

I’m sure the number of indictments is concern to Trump’s legal team.

But the number is what was handed down by a Grand Jury.

Trump’s delay tactics are a significant factor in the timing.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

From your lined article:

“The judge gave the Fulton County district attorney's office six months to refile the quashed charges, if they choose to do so.”

The judge rightly objected to the loose wording of the filing, not the evidence itself.

The Prosecution may reword the filing and resubmit.

So as of today,  Count 28, which references the Raffensperger phone call, does not exist.

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

In what Universe do the feelings of the daughter fall on the father?

I guess only in trumpistan.

Does it go father-to-son?

trump's daddy was arrested at a KKK march in NYC in the 1920s!

As they say the 'rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree'.

Donald's ancestry appears to have shaped the man he is today.

The family patriarch and grandfather, Friedrich Drumpf, was expelled from his native Germany for failing to complete mandatory military service.

He later moved to the United States, where he ultimately became the owner of a brothel.

Historian finds German decree banishing Trump's grandfather | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Right, the other "crime" being complain finance violations. The state says the payment should have been listed as a campaign expense.

Remember "Lock her up"?

How much time did you spend analyzing Trump's charges against Hilary?

36 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The law says 'a jury of his peers', but admittedly the court needed some extra latitude in that regard.

I mean, how many other morbidly obese, mendacious, narcoleptic, serial philandering, racist, Narcissistic, twice impeached, convicted sex offenders, convicted bank and insurance fraudsters, convicted charity fraudsters facing 91 felony indictments are out there?

Appears your level of TDS is just shy of the registered democrat/liberal level who set himself on fire.

Every man has his breaking point.  You do know about breaking points, don’t you?

I am most sure this is a lesson plan taught by the CIA for their “90 day wonders “.

By the content of your post, you could be close.  Pure speculation as I’m not a qualified psychologist.  Just a forward observer.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-set-himself-fire-near-nyc-courthouse-holding-trump-trial

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The concern of some of us isn't that the law per se is erroneous, but the sheer number of indictments. If anyone really believes they are not politically motivated to have been brought just in time for election season and not in the previous 3 years, I have a few bridges for sale, hardly used and going cheap.

If you believe what you wrote, despite seeing Trump's delaying tactics in the news during the previous 3 years, I have a good deal on buying Iceland for you! 🤣

Quick question for all you legal beagles out there... 

What NY state felony is Trump on trial for?  Answer must include the actual statute.  Bonus points for a link to the actual text of the statute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

If he was not running for President you would not be posting this link because there would be no charges.

I guarantee it.

If he 'had not' run for President (in 2016) would be more accurate.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, candide said:

If he 'had not' run for President (in 2016) would be more accurate.

Either way I’m accurate.

What year did Stormy the horny take place?

At least it wasn’t 30+ years ago like the other Gold Digger.  20?

Edited by G_Money
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Either way I’m accurate.

What year did Stormy the horny take place?

At least it wasn’t 30+ years ago like the other Gold Digger.  20?

When did Cohen testify that Trump was involved in the payment?

Edited by candide

11 hours ago, G_Money said:

If he was not running for President you would not be posting this link because there would be no charges.

I guarantee it.

If the facts did not point to trump having violated these laws, he would not have been charged. That I can guarantee.

Michael Cohen is not, to the best of my knowledge, running for President, yet he was tried and convicted on some of these very same charges, and went to jail because of it. The same is true of Allen Weisselberg. Both allegedly did trump's bidding and paid the price. The jury will now decide if what witness statements, documents, and recorded telephone conversations back up what Cohen and others allege.

The laws, as noted in the indictment and my post, are quite clear and on the books of the State of NY. Beginning Monday, we shall all see exactly why the charges were brought. The defense will be interesting to watch, as although trump has denied the affairs with Stormy and Ms McDougal, it seems the defense is now leaning toward admitting at least the Stormy affair. The prosecution apparently plans to call, inter alia, both Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal to the stand to discuss both their assignations with trump as well as the payments for them to remain silent. It should make for grand theater.

Now I wonder if anyone will also argue that if trump were not running for President, Georgia would not have indicted him for RICO violations and attempting to coerce the GA SecState to alter votes, or that the DoJ would not have indicted trump for the theft of highly classified documents and subsequently lying to the FBI about returning them, or obstruction the pro forma certification of the 2020 election which trump lost?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1