'Openly Jewish' man threatened with arrest by Police near pro-Palestine march

Social Media

53 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Maybe he was wearing his kippah at a jaunty angle which as anyone knows will antagonise even the most moderate of antisemitics. 🥴🥴

Who knows?  He clearly wasn't threated with arrest for being Jewish, though.

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Who knows?  He clearly wasn't threated with arrest for being Jewish, though.

Why was a person going about his daily life be threatened by the once trusted Met Police with the sergeant openly stating you are obviously Jewish, is it a crime now, would you like all Jews to wear the star of David so that they are instantly recognisable, do you not fear that this road has been trodden before and we shouldn't repeat mistakes from the past! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Why was a person going about his daily life be threatened by the once trusted Met Police with the sergeant openly stating you are obviously Jewish

The Police officer was concerned there would be a breach of the peace, and threatened arrest for this reason, not because the person was Jewish.

is it a crime now, would you like all Jews to wear the star of David so that they are instantly recognisable, do you not fear that this road has been trodden before and we shouldn't repeat mistakes from the past!

I've already explained why this isn't true.  🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No.

I’m stating the possible consequences not the definite consequences.

Why would a crowd of 'peaceful' demonstrators possibly attack the Jewish man? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

The Police officer was concerned there would be a breach of the peace, and threatened arrest for this reason, not because the person was Jewish.

I've already explained why this isn't true.  🤷‍♂️

A breach of the peace for being Jewish, we hear you! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Why was a person going about his daily life be threatened by the once trusted Met Police with the sergeant openly stating you are obviously Jewish, is it a crime now, would you like all Jews to wear the star of David so that they are instantly recognisable, do you not fear that this road has been trodden before and we shouldn't repeat mistakes from the past! 

More hyperbole.

Cautioning an individual, regardless of their race/religion that they will be arrested if they do not obey a lawful police instruction is not a threat.

It’s a caution, a reasonable use of authority to get the individual to obey the lawful instruction before an arrest is necessary.

Other hyperbole ignored.

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why would a crowd of 'peaceful' demonstrators possibly attack the Jewish man? 

Why are you asking me?

If the police officer believed their was a likelihood of a breach of the peace, which he clearly did, then he is bound to act to avoid that occurring.

The demonstration passed peacefully.

The activist is unharmed, safe and well; I believe that’s a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

A breach of the peace for being Jewish,

That doesn't even make sense.  Arrest to prevent a breach of the peace, not for being Jewish.

we hear you! 

It's excruciatingly clear that you don't.  🙄

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

More hyperbole.

Cautioning an individual, regardless of their race/religion that they will be arrested if they do not obey a lawful police instruction is not a threat.

It’s a caution, a reasonable use of authority to get the individual to obey the lawful instruction before an arrest is necessary.

Other hyperbole ignored.

Hyperbole is your word of the day and it will not work as your get out of jail for free card I'm afraid. Saying to a Jew you are openly Jewish is antisemitic how ever you care address this issue! 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

That doesn't even make sense.  Arrest to prevent a breach of the peace, not for being Jewish.

It's excruciatingly clear that you don't.  🙄

Here we go when the argument is lost you revert to insults, try looking at what was actually said before you insult other posters. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hyperbole is your word of the day and it will not work as your get out of jail for free card I'm afraid. Saying to a Jew you are openly Jewish is antisemitic how ever you care address this issue! 

Hyperbole is my word of the day because there’s a lot of it about.

Your leap to the Star of David was an example.

The Police Officer was clearly concerned for the safety and well being of the activist.

The activist is unharmed, safe and well; I believe that’s a good thing.

• Confused 1

Here we go when the argument is lost you revert to insults

What argument have I lost and how did I insult anyone?  The chap wasn't threatened with arrest for being Jewish.

try looking at what was actually said before you insult other posters. 

I looked at what was said, that's why what I said is correct.  :thumbsup:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

It makes sense to stop the guy in his tracks. Avoid a possible altercation. How many in the march are there more as anti Jew than pro Palistine?

It's just like football fans being segregated. 

It only takes one person or a small majority of idiots to start. 

The police took the correct decision. And, yes, I believe if a Muslim tried the same thing during a pro Isreal march, the police would do the same 

Precisely this.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hyperbole is my word of the day because there’s a lot of it about.

Your leap to the Star of David was an example.

The Police Officer was clearly concerned for the safety and well being of the activist.

The activist is unharmed, safe and well; I believe that’s a good thing.

His (the officer) wording would render your excuse invalid! 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

He was threatened with arrest for openly being Jewish! 

According to the article, he was threatened with arrest to prevent a breach of the peace, not for being Jewish.  🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

According to the article, he was threatened with arrest to prevent a breach of the peace, not for being Jewish.  🤷‍♂️

Same difference, the breach of the peace your refer to is nonsense, how can you breach the peace by not breaking any laws. The people that were a threat were the hate marchers! 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Same difference,

Not at all.

the breach of the peace your refer to is nonsense, how can you breach the peace by not breaking any laws. The people that were a threat were the hate marchers! 

It's not nonsense at all.  Why not look up what breach of the peace is?  It sounds like a little research would help you out.

Edited by BangkokReady

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

According to what the Policeman said to him , he looked openly Jewish and could cause other people  to get violent and breach the peace 

Not quite:

"Officers informed him that his presence, being "quite openly Jewish," could potentially lead to a "breach of peace" amidst the pro-Palestinian march."

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Not quite:

"Officers informed him that his presence, being "quite openly Jewish," could potentially lead to a "breach of peace" amidst the pro-Palestinian march."

Isnt that what I said ?

You said the same thing as I did , but just used different words

• Thumbs Up 1