Who doesnt tip?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't tip the owner of the establishment.

Strangely,a lot of guys tip the owners in  BARS !

I watched a Pattaya bar owner on YouTube say that more guys want to buy HIM a drink than the girls , he had to refuse most.

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2024 at 11:08 AM, georgegeorgia said:

But what are the reasons for tipping ?

Is it because you"d feel guilty if you didn't ?

Or because the "service" was higher than normal ?

Or you feel compelled?

In Auustralia we dont really have a tipping culture because hospitality staff are very well paid but if the sevice is exeptional I will tip the barman or waitress not when paying the bill but before I go I hand it to them and it goes in their pocket and is not shared with others...In Thailand where wages are low I tip all of the service staff 20-40 THB  except a taxi driver who has ripped me off ..they get nothing. If I have had a poor experience they get no tip.I also leaveall my coins in my room and make sure I tell my cleaners before I check out.So I basicly pay on performance. After 40 trips to Thailand in 30 years I have had no problems,

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

That's a first , no one else has admitted not tipping 

I guess there is a lot more and that can be for various reasons 

Great post

Bangkok is not Thailand. Thais don't tip, Thai employers pay livable wages (a lot less than farangs could live on).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

One night back in the mid 80's there were 2 couples who came in for dinner at the restaurant (a steakhouse) I worked in. Each sat across from the other's gf/bf and conversations flowed across the table, as would be expected. 

One of the women thought her man was paying too much attention to the other girl and raged on her bf.   She suddenly grabbed her steak knife and drove it into her bf's forearm. The guy wailed in pain and pulled the knife out, stood up, and knocked her across the table with a wicked backhand. 

Most of the staff in the restaurant restrained the couple before the stabbing victim got carried away with the woman  beating.  The party of 4 was ushered out- but not before the bill was settled and a 25 percent tip added for the trouble they caused. 

Back then we got "dine and dashes" every couple of weeks. The waiters always managed to catch the culprits: usually males.  The waiters would extract the money and tip from the bas tard and give him a hell of a beating for putting them through such a hassle.  If the dasher didn't have money he was beaten and turned over to the cops, who actually did their job back then.  Heady times.