Appeal for humanitarian aid for Burmese sheltering in Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

Thousands crossed the Moei River to Thailand amid junta airstrikes around the border town of Myawaddy. / Photo by the Irrawaddy

The anti-Myanmar junta National Unity Government (NUG) has appealed to all organisations and authorities to provide humanitarian assistance to the people of Myanmar fleeing the civil war in their country, to seek temporary refuge in Thailand.

A statement, issued by the Foreign Ministry of the resistance forces yesterday, said that the NUG, its ethnic allies and affiliated groups will cooperate with the Thai government and other related organisations in providing assistance to the displaced people from Myanmar.

The statement accused the Myanmar military of various forms of attacks, including artillery bombardments and air strikes on public buildings and the properties of civilians in and around Myawaddy township, driving thousands of civilians across the border into Thailand’s Mae Sot district of Tak province and surrounding areas.

SourceThai PBS 2024-04-22

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

Well this administration be able to find it within themselves to be decent and compassionate toward political refugees, who are being slaughtered, raped and maimed in their homelands by a pig army?

Or will they be sent back in a nasty and not so neighborly fashion? 

Edited by spidermike007

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Well this administration be able to find it within themselves to be decent and compassionate toward political refugees, who are being slaughtered, raped and maimed in their homelands by a pig army?

Or will they be sent back in a nasty and not so neighborly fashion? 

How much did you donate ?

Mae Sot is in Tak province and accessible, head over there and help out.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The anti-Myanmar junta National Unity Government (NUG) has appealed to all organisations and authorities to provide humanitarian assistance to the people of Myanmar fleeing the civil war in their country, to seek temporary refuge in Thailand.

Give them a work permit and a life.

I've got to admit that I was somewhat surprised on Friday that I bumped into an Iranian. I asked him about what visa he was on. He replied he wasn't on a visa. He was a political refugee if I recall correctly. I still can't get my head around it. The guy spoke English as good as a native and openly admitted he was working in the cassava fields. Anyone else come across the likes? Does Thailand accept political refugees?

7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've got to admit that I was somewhat surprised on Friday that I bumped into an Iranian. I asked him about what visa he was on. He replied he wasn't on a visa. He was a political refugee if I recall correctly. I still can't get my head around it. The guy spoke English as good as a native and openly admitted he was working in the cassava fields. Anyone else come across the likes? Does Thailand accept political refugees?

Not as far as I know TH doesn't. Many arrive here & get in touch with UN to register for resettlement. This gives them some freedom of movement here & sort of protection from ending up in IDC.