What's a reasonable price for a lady drink?

The exact same price any other customer would pay.  Want extra money, sugar?  Perform extra services.
That's sort of the nature of P2P.  And no - I haven't always been married and monogamous.  I have traveled the world.  Soooooo....

Cue the Beach Boys.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, TheFatOne said:

Just wondering.

Went to a bar the other day.

My beer was 80THB and the girl's one was 150THB.

Are lady drinks always double the regular price ? (almost)

No, they are not always almost twice the price of the customer's   The price of her drink is not based on the price of yours, if you'd bought a B150 drink her drink would not have been anymore expensive than yours.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trippy said:

150 for a LD is reasonable. She gets a commision for every drink she was bought, probably about 50 baht at that price. The girls aren't there for fun, they're working.

Of course. But with lower prices, they might get more drinks and eventually end up with more money at the end of the night.

150THB is around 4€. I find it a bit expensive for a lady in her 40's, who barely speaks english, has nothing to say, can't play pool and tries to make me drink as fast as possible.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheFatOne said:
17 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Maybe the answer is to slip her a Bt100 note so she can tuck it into where ever, for herself.

That's actually good idea !

Man, I didn't even think about it.

Better deal for the both of us :D

Nice one :thumbsup:

Not a good idea for her though if she has to get a certain number of drinks or if the bar owner/manager notices that he's being screwed.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TheFatOne said:

Of course. But with lower prices, they might get more drinks and eventually end up with more money at the end of the night.

150THB is around 4€. I find it a bit expensive for a lady in her 40's, who barely speaks english, has nothing to say, can't play pool and tries to make me drink as fast as possible.

No one forced you to buy that woman a drink!  If she was so unappealing, why did you bother to encourage her?   

"...barely speaks english..."

Do you speak Thai?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one forced you to buy that woman a drink!  If she was so unappealing, why did you bother to encourage her?   

"...barely speaks english..."

Do you speak Thai?

I'm not complaining, just sharing my thoughts on the value to price ratio of the experience.

Just like I would after trying out a given restaurant. Food and service weren't great for the price.

You know...

• Sad 1

And then there are those special lady drinks like maybe whisky coke. Some bars and some ladies interpret that as one glass of whisky and one glass of coke. And then you pay for two lady drinks.

A friend told me recently a girl asked him for a coke. He agreed and she received a tall glass of coke. And then he had a look at the bill: 2 coke, total about 400B. He asked and they explained to him that was a double coke.

Luckily that happens not in all bars. But unfortunately, it happens at all.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Maybe the answer is to slip her a Bt100 note so she can tuck it into where ever, for herself.

except times have changed, certainly in Windmill they aren't interested in 100 anymore

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then there are those special lady drinks like maybe whisky coke. Some bars and some ladies interpret that as one glass of whisky and one glass of coke. And then you pay for two lady drinks.

A friend told me recently a girl asked him for a coke. He agreed and she received a tall glass of coke. And then he had a look at the bill: 2 coke, total about 400B. He asked and they explained to him that was a double coke.

Luckily that happens not in all bars. But unfortunately, it happens at all.

What a miserable way of doing business  :cheesy:

At least it makes for funny stories to tell later on.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

except times have changed, certainly in Windmill they aren't interested in 100 anymore

I was surprised the other day in Nana. In one of the big bars one customer thought he is generous, and he gave several dancers each a 20B note. I would have expected that they ignore him best case or throw the notes back at him. But no, they excepted the notes and smiled. Amazing. 

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

who looks at the menu

I always get a price before ordering either on a menu, wall sign or verbally. It also lets me see what drinks are available. I don't like negotiations after ordering.

If you don't do it, don't complain about prices later on.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I was surprised the other day in Nana. In one of the big bars one customer thought he is generous, and he gave several dancers each a 20B note. I would have expected that they ignore him best case or throw the notes back at him. But no, they excepted the notes and smiled. Amazing. 

girls are polite, try not to embarrass the cheap charlie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did they accept the notes for except them ?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, TheFatOne said:

Just wondering.

Went to a bar the other day.

My beer was 80THB and the girl's one was 150THB.

Are lady drinks always double the regular price ? (almost)

Probably: 80 baht for the beer, 35 baht for the lady and 35 baht for the bar = 150...:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1