What's a reasonable price for a lady drink?

17 hours ago, TheFatOne said:

Just wondering.

Went to a bar the other day.

My beer was 80THB and the girl's one was 150THB.

Are lady drinks always double the regular price ? (almost)

watered down or ice tea at best...

you need to pay a girl to get some attention ?

buy a dog...

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Maybe the answer is to slip her a Bt100 note so she can tuck it into where ever, for herself.

used to think this till i realized from talking to the girls the mana san does NOT like this at all as the bar makes less , so the girls are pushed to ask for lady drinks
beer bar what ever ur drink  lady drinks 120-150 baht
Go go  150-220 lady drinks
some girls drink coke, some tea, some beer, some mixed drinks, ( an spit it out) 
no bar want a bunch of drunk girls working

3 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

and yet some bars give the girls a shot of Tequila at the start of their "shift" (or used to)

15 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

and yet some bars give the girls a shot of Tequila at the start of their "shift" (or used to)

Many bar girls drink very little occasionally or nothing while working. Met a few who did not drink at all who I hanged out with and also made some nice travels with. 

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

How much do you think people pay for a wife?

Everyone pays for sex, everywhere. If you don't take your wife girlfriend out for meal, buy here presents you don't get your end away. FACT

17 hours ago, TheFatOne said:

Sorry it was a couple of rounds of Leo beer for me and the girl.

80THB For me and 150THB for her.

Not that I really mind but I thought for a small bar with pretty average girls in Hua Hin it would be something like 80THB for me and 120THB for the girl.

80 baht must be a large bottle

1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

You must know she has a monthly  drink quota to meet so don't let that approach be exclusive.

Don't really care. Not my problem.

She have the money or have nothing.

Up to her.

17 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Maybe the answer is to slip her a Bt100 note so she can tuck it into where ever, for herself.

While offering this advice, I must confess that the last, and maybe the first lady's drink I bought was way back in 1988. The bars I frequented are what I call men's bars. Not Girly, or Boys Bars, but a place where you could get a descent conversation and humour, without the hassle. The Shamrock Bar in Pattaya is a good example. Being a bit long in the tooth now, driving there is a bit/very off putting, I'm sad to say.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A reasonable price would be 100 baht, Ban Chang bars charged that last time i was there. Windmill agogo 220 lady drink, 260 cocktail lady drink, i rarely buy them now

sure.. so in your opinion the lady should spend her time listening to your exquisite, eloquent stories for 20 baht?! as far as i know most earn 50 baht  per drink..already not a good deal for the ladies but hey as long as U have a great night exploiting the scene its fine i suppose.. imho: if one wants to chat to a lady..pay up and be generous or sit alone

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Zapitapi said:

so in your opinion the lady should spend her time listening to your exquisite, eloquent stories for 20 baht?!

If she can't speak, she can only listen.

The farang pays and makes the conversation.

The girl gets a tip and a drink and just has to wait until the farang runs out of ideas.

Which happens fairly quickly. That's why you see most of them sitting next to one another in silence :D

30 minutes ago, Zapitapi said:

so in your opinion the lady should spend her time listening to your exquisite, eloquent stories for 20 baht?

She could always work in 7-11 for 25bht/hr, but personally, I'd prefer to sit in a bar with free drinks or 100bht in my knickers.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Never really bothers me how much I pay for a lady drink, unkess it's totally outrageous. A few hundred baht here or there is hardly worth worrying about unless you are in poor financial circumstances, in which case you shouldn't be in bars anyway.

Regardless of your financial circumstances, one should spend his money wisely.

Accepting to get screwed because you can afford it is plain dumb honestly.

I mean whatever floats your boat of course (it's not my place to tell you what to do with your cash) but I find it to be kind of a bad mindset honestly.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

She could always work in 7-11 for 25bht/hr, but personally, I'd prefer to sit in a bar with free drinks or 100bht in my knickers.

And I'd suppose you've got heaps of room in your knickers too! 

Just joking... but I agree most women if they do the math would concur. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Zapitapi said:

sure.. so in your opinion the lady should spend her time listening to your exquisite, eloquent stories for 20 baht?! as far as i know most earn 50 baht  per drink..already not a good deal for the ladies but hey as long as U have a great night exploiting the scene its fine i suppose.. imho: if one wants to chat to a lady..pay up and be generous or sit alone

the drink cost is 2 baht, sh*t coke, so 50 for the girl, 48 for bar, a reasonable price means they will get many more drinks, remember they should be earning most of their money for STs and LTs, as for stories, I don't think "where you come from" and the like is worth more, of course can tip more for extras agreed

5 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Especially when all they can do is find something to complain about.

Let me remind you, gentlemen that you are paying for your wives 365 days / year.

That's pretty sad too !

Especially when it ends up with a divorce and half your wealth flying out the window :D :D

4 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Everyone pays for sex, everywhere. If you don't take your wife girlfriend out for meal, buy here presents you don't get your end away. FACT

How does that usually work ?

Is it one meal for getting your end away or can you get your end away a few times for one meal ?

5 hours ago, zzzzz said:

used to think this till i realized from talking to the girls the mana san does NOT like this at all as the bar makes less , so the girls are pushed to ask for lady drinks
beer bar what ever ur drink  lady drinks 120-150 baht
Go go  150-220 lady drinks
some girls drink coke, some tea, some beer, some mixed drinks, ( an spit it out) 

I used to buy a whiskey set for the girls sometimes. Instead of drinks

3 hours ago, TheFatOne said:

Let me remind you, gentlemen that you are paying for your wives 365 days / year.

That's pretty sad too !

Especially when it ends up with a divorce and half your wealth flying out the window 😄 😄

BS, it just an excuse to continue mongering around! 👉

Marriage is based on luve, and luve only, everyone knows that 🤓

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How does that usually work ?

Is it one meal for getting your end away or can you get your end away a few times for one meal ?

I've generally found 3 dates = 1x sex in the UK.

The dates don't have to be with your wife, but the expense is the same.

Generally a cash payment in a Thai bar is a lot less expensive, and gives a guaranteed result.

Edited by BritManToo

On 4/22/2024 at 2:21 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I am serious. That was a few years before Covid and a very large bar. 

There is no way a gogo bar is paying 1.2mil a month rent. They'd need to sell on average 500+ drinks a night just to cover rent and salaries. Possible on a busy night sure, but not every night.

59 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Generally a cash payment in a Thai bar is a lot less expensive, and gives a guaranteed result.

Depends. Pretty much any girl active on a dating app will sleep with you on the first date if she likes you, so it's basically the cost of the meal and/or drinks. Not free, but definitely cheaper than a freelancer or bar girl. These days in Bangkok working girls have gone bonkers- recent quotes I've heard were 6k, 10k, even 30k. Bar girls are probably more sane but bar fines have gone up and it'll still cost ya 5k+ between drinks, bar fine, and "tip".

Normal bars is ฿150 to ฿180, the girls get ฿50 to ฿60 commission. 

Walking Street is a different business model, ฿280, the girls get 100 baht commission and work for drinks and not bar fines so instead of trying to seduce you, then neck the shot and move on to the next ฿100.

Edited by Alidiver