What's a reasonable price for a lady drink?

13 hours ago, TheFatOne said:

Just wondering.

Went to a bar the other day.

My beer was 80THB and the girl's one was 150THB.

Are lady drinks always double the regular price ? (almost)

Normal 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’re paying for their time and making the bar more money. It’s probably 140 baht and up nowadays—a lot more in Bkk, Phuket and esp gogo bars anywhere. Rarely indulge or even do those bars, but each to their own. The worst is if a guy is clearly looking for company, they feign interest to get the drink, then immediately switch off or work someone else for more drinks simultaneously. Avoid the pretty ones. 😋

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I was surprised the other day in Nana. In one of the big bars one customer thought he is generous, and he gave several dancers each a 20B note. I would have expected that they ignore him best case or throw the notes back at him. But no, they excepted the notes and smiled. Amazing. 

Used to be part of the fun, get 20 Baht notes for 500 or 1000 Baht and rain them down of the stage. The girls where like chooks at feeding time.. Not seen it happen recently. Everything has changed, not much fun left only a few nice young bodies for quickies, and even that gets off limit for whiteys in some places, certain days of the week. Now even Stickman agrees that there is an anti westerners mood around. Read his last columns.

• Confused 1

Rarely go to bars nowadays but if I do, I just say to lady would you like a drink or a 100 Baht to sit and talk to me for a while. Win, Win lady always says 100 baht. Two reasons for her money straight away and more money for her

13 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Maybe the answer is to slip her a Bt100 note so she can tuck it into where ever, for herself.

Yes, the ladies like that better but mamason will be watching and if she doesnt have a drink mamason will tell her to move on. drinks of juice is 150 baht most places. If lady wants a beer it will be 180 to 200. You wonder why the ladies are getting fat? Too much pop. But, if they drink alcohol drinks, they will be alcoholics very quickly. I know a couple of young ladies that drink beer all the time. They are on contract and must get 70 drinks every 10 days to receive full contract pay. Not good!!!

When I was in the bar scene years ago, 150 baht for a lady drink was about average. Usually the girl got 50 baht of that.

Many lady drinks do not contain alcohol. Some girls don't want to be drunk all the time. Some girls also don't want to do P4P, they are content to make their money off the commissions.

It's a transaction, they are giving you their time in exchange for your money.

I never asked a girl to go with me. I waited for them to initiate discussion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

Not a scam. It is a rip off

It is not, even under the current unfortunate xenophobic climate.

For about 100 Euros, you get a few drinks and hour to chose the nymphet you can do back in your hotel. That's still cheap. 

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

Used to be part of the fun, get 20 Baht notes for 500 or 1000 Baht and rain them down of the stage. The girls where like chooks at feeding time.. Not seen it happen recently. Everything has changed, not much fun left only a few nice young bodies for quickies, and even that gets off limit for whiteys in some places, certain days of the week. Now even Stickman agrees that there is an anti westerners mood around. Read his last columns.

Hardly surprising really (the anti Westerner mood) if "fun" consisted of throwing low denomination banknotes at girls on stage, to watch them scramble to pick them up!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, TheFatOne said:

Sorry it was a couple of rounds of Leo beer for me and the girl.

80THB For me and 150THB for her.

Not that I really mind but I thought for a small bar with pretty average girls in Hua Hin it would be something like 80THB for me and 120THB for the girl.

150 I’d say would be average. Incidentally I rode my bike to Hua hin couple of years back, stopped at a small bar with pool table, covid era so very quiet, lovely friendly gal, not a stunner, ran out out of smokes, asked for 7/11, “it’s ok I’ll go buy for you” she offered. 
I enjoyed the little stopover, the company, so I ordered lunch for both of us, played a couple of games, left a tip on top of lady drink for her. 
I guess what it comes down to is what you’d consider value for your enjoyment. 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Hardly surprising really (the anti Westerner mood) if "fun" consisted of throwing low denomination banknotes at girls on stage, to watch them scramble to pick them up!

This is a case where the "sad emotion" was totally pertinent. 

But what makes your post utterly ridiculous is that those who rained the largest amounts were mostly Japanese or Korean customers. 

Edited by Ben Zioner

Thb 150 in Pattaya bars is about the norm. Lowest I’ve seen recently is Thb 120, but have also seen some places charging Thb 160-180. ( No idea what they might cost in Go Go bars though. I would expect high end pricing, but can’t say.)

14 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

This is a case where the "sad emotion" was totally pertinent. 

But what makes your post utterly ridiculous is that those who rained the largest amounts were mostly Japanese or Korean customers. 

Nothing ridiculous - you talked of the "fun", you made no mention whatsoever of Japanese or Koreans!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Nothing ridiculous - you talked of the "fun", you made no mention whatsoever of Japanese or Koreans!

So you just don't know what you are talking about, do you?

43 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

It is not, even under the current unfortunate xenophobic climate.

For about 100 Euros, you get a few drinks and hour to chose the nymphet you can do back in your hotel. That's still cheap. 

It is a rip off. It is an overcharge, it is exploitation and abuse of power ( I can so I do) This topic is about drinks - no mention on the bill for lady accompaniment. In addition, there will be a substantial charge in the form of a bar fine B500 minimum if the girl then goes orf with 'im

No such thing as Euros here - this is Thailand And I don't see the connection with "xenophobia"

But the men are mostly happy with it and very little actually illegal about it.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

So you just don't know what you are talking about, do you?

Well I will admit that I am not a habitue of bars where it is customary to humiliate the dancers by throwing low denomination bank notes for them to scramble to pick up, (I am no plaster saint but I don't stoop to humiliating girls like that); but let us remind ourselves of exactly what you said ( in full and unedited) in your post.

2 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

No mention of Japanese or Koreans, but a very specific reference to an "anti westerners mood!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In Pattaya/Jomtien in beer bars, 150 baht is now standard for lady drinks, used to be 120, but rents went up so did the price of drinks and lady drinks. In a go go bars, LK metro, the sky is the limit for lady drinks, but expect around 220-280.

In  a Bar on Pattaya Second Rd, I  asked the Lady if she would like a drink, she wanted a Beer, her Beer was poured into a Whiskey size glass saying she did'nt drink so much,   I  looked at the bill it was 120b, the rest of the Beer was   put under the counter hoping I   would buy another,    good, (rip off business,)  4 or 5  lady beers from a small Leo..

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The ladies make money from those drinks. Some time ago they received about 50% of the sales price. I don't know if that changed over time.

And, to be fair, the rent from some bars/areas is outrageous. I know from one bar in Nana that they paid 40,000B rent. Per day!

You have to sell a lot of drinks to make money in such a situation. 

40000 baht a day rent for a bar 🤑 must have been some bar 🥳

3 minutes ago, shackleton said:

40000 baht a day rent for a bar 🤑 must have been some bar 🥳

The bar still exists. And because it is so big half the bar is always empty.

Someone had the stupid idea to combine two big bars to create a super big size bar...

A reasonable price for a girl drink is the normal price without anything more lol. In reality, it should be around 50 baht more only, if it is a fair bar. She would get that and the bar just earns the normal margin on drinks. But nowadays, the owner also wants to earn on it and prices became scammy.

So for like a Malibu coke it should be around 150-160 baht for a girl drink. I won't be buying drinks if it is more than that too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

Either it's 120, 150 or 250 baht. Does it really matter. C'mon ffs. If you're out for a good time, spend the money. I no longer do it. But I used to.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, TheFatOne said:

That's actually good idea !

Man, I didn't even think about it.

Better deal for the both of us :D

Nice one :thumbsup:

You must know she has a monthly  drink quota to meet so don't let that approach be exclusive.

Edited by In Full Agreement
  • Like 1