Europe baked in ‘extreme heat stress’ pushing temperatures to record highs

Social Media

4 minutes ago, retarius said:

Wonderful stuff. You know they will never do anything to hurt or inconvenience business polluters or lifestyle polluters ie voters. But let's face it science has little credibility today with thinking people, hence the response from citizens to the whole global warming giant scam, as they see it.

Science is a group think driven business where data that doesn't fit the narrative is discarded and promotions and grants are given to faithfuls servant of the Scientific Narrative.

Today it was announced that Scientific American has an article saying that there are way more that two sexes....not genders mind you, more than two sexes. Good God, Galileo would be put to death by the scientists today (alliteration). 

My specialty is particle physics, allied to cosmology.  That's where I find 'the truth' if indeed there is such a concept, I do not find it in any human construct or wild theories, with no real basis in known science or mathematics. The more I know, the less I know that I know. 

5 minutes ago, retarius said:

But let's face it science has little credibility today with thinking people, hence the response from citizens to the whole global warming giant scam, as they see it.

IMO you have got that wrong. People know that climate is changing, it's pretty obvious, really. What people ( including myself ) don't believe is that it's all because of human pollution. Perhaps human pollution caused part of it, but that's all, and because the noisy scientists are aligned with the money makers/ tax makers, people rightly don't believe them.

When Al Gore and De Caprio, despite being at the forefront of "it's all our fault" still fly private jet, some of us realise it's just BS.

BTW, whatever the reason for it, buying an Elon car only makes Elon richer, and isn't going to change the weather to something else. Likewise with windmills and taxes.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

My specialty is particle physics, allied to cosmology.  That's where I find 'the truth' if indeed there is such a concept, I do not find it in any human construct or wild theories, with no real basis in known science or mathematics. The more I know, the less I know that I know. 

Excellent post. Congratulations for being a scientist that doesn't claim that "science is settled".

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

The sooner the better for me.  The human species has no right to a long term future, the species is far too destructive, savage, unpredictable, gruel and vicious, far more than any other on the planet. 

Snap.

IMO the greatest lie perpetrated by the climate luvvies is that the "planet is being destroyed by man made climate change". Far from being destroyed, once we are gone the planet will get along just fine without us filling the oceans with our sewage and plastic garbage, burning down the rain forests to grow palm oil and hamburgers, and polluting the stratosphere as we travel by thousands of aircraft to enjoy a holiday slugging by a swimming pool and swilling booze, while staying in a concrete monstrosity that destroyed the very reason the beach became popular in the first place.

I'd love to do a Monty Python type rant about tourists and tourist destinations, but the above will have to suffice.

I do feel sorry for the kids growing up in what is to come though- they didn't choose to be born, but I'm quietly satisfied that my genes didn't get reproduced to be part of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Far from being destroyed, once we are gone the planet will get along just fine

And that is what gives me comfort in the limited future, in cosmological terms,  of the known Universe 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

And that is what gives me comfort in the limited future, in cosmological terms,  of the known Universe 

After all, human's time on planet Earth will be less than a blink of a cosmic eye. Took us about 50,000 years to progress from beating Og's head in with a rock on a stick to laser guided bombs ( not forgetting the atomic bomb ), and I doubt we'll be around for another 50,000. We are just far too good at killing each other for our own survival. Somewhat ironic that a bunch of dumb dinosaurs with a brain the size of a pea will have lasted longer than us.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After all, human's time on planet Earth will be less than a blink of a cosmic eye. Took us about 50,000 years to progress from beating Og's head in with a rock on a stick to laser guided bombs ( not forgetting the atomic bomb ), and I doubt we'll be around for another 50,000. We are just far too good at killing each other for our own survival. Somewhat ironic that a bunch of dumb dinosaurs with a brain the size of a pea will have lasted longer than us.

When I was in the Military LGBT meant 'Laser Guided Bomb Technology' 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Nature may work slowly, but eventually mistakes get corrected.

What other species ( even Lemmings cull themselves when they get overpopulated - if it's true about running over a cliff into the sea ) still reproduces itself en mass when there isn't enough food for the offspring to eat?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO you have got that wrong. People know that climate is changing, it's pretty obvious, really. What people ( including myself ) don't believe is that it's all because of human pollution. Perhaps human pollution caused part of it, but that's all, and because the noisy scientists are aligned with the money makers/ tax makers, people rightly don't believe them.

When Al Gore and De Caprio, despite being at the forefront of "it's all our fault" still fly private jet, some of us realise it's just BS.

BTW, whatever the reason for it, buying an Elon car only makes Elon richer, and isn't going to change the weather to something else. Likewise with windmills and taxes.

Indeed, follow the money and where all the grant funds are going on this issue.  Speak out against it, your funds are cut off.  Run around like the sky is falling, the money flows in.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2024 at 4:23 PM, placeholder said:

Fact Check: Drop in climate-related disaster deaths not evidence against climate ‘emergency’

Social media posts are recirculating a bar chart that depicts falling numbers of deaths due to weather-related disasters over the last century alongside comments suggesting that the significance of climate-driven weather changes is exaggerated.
Mortality, however, is not a useful measure of the number or severity of weather-related events including the floods, droughts, storms, wildfire, and extreme temperatures listed in the graph, experts told Reuters.
Although deaths from these disasters have decreased, due in part to better forecasting and preparedness, the number, intensity, and cost of climatic and meteorological hazards have all increased over the last hundred years.

https://archive.ph/EYKCu

In other words, ignore the stats and hand over your cash to big state anyway 😄.

• Confused 1