Thailand offers visa-free travel to Russian visitors for 3 months

webfact

There was an invasion of Russian tourists//money//mafia after the tsunami (if my memory is correct) and alough a few remained most returned.

The one's here this time do not want to fight for their country and I suspect most will return at a later date or end up in jail for overstay and criminal activity.

Of course the good ones will spend their money, not cause trouble, enjoy their family holiday and return on time.

Between the Middle East, Ukraine and the rise of BRICS, uncertainty abounds.

Good move by the Thais, keep relations with the Russians on friendly terms. 

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cookie1974 said:

It was a rhetorical reply knowing your answer would be "NO" 

The answer to the  rhetorical QUESTION, would actually be yes. Time for bed mate!

• Confused 1

Those nationalities basically get a "stay as long as you like" deal. Like an LTR visa but free of charge. There's no mistaking the way the wind is blowing. It's game over for Farangs in Thailand. (Has been for some time judging by girls' attitudes by the way).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand has always placated stronger warlike and aggressive countries, it's how Siam has always survived without being colonized.

This is just a modern version I would suspect.

But the Thais also had the habit of turning on anyone if they showed weakness.  I suspect this happening too, if given the opportunity.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

F-russiansLoud, rude, shady, schemers...undesirables. Everyone spends money here. What's wrong with Happy HourLow season comes every year. This is just Thailand looking to boost the already fat coffers with more trash. T.I.T. :coffee1:

Yeah sure there are a few <deleted> but they are a minority and not nearly as loud or obnoxious as the Chinese and at least they support local Thai businesses, at least they don't arrive here in large groups and follow some guide with a toy on a stick to only Chinese run shops, most Russians I see here are family oriented and just like everyone else.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Thailand passport holders can enter Russia visa free for up to 30 days. For longer periods of stay they have to apply for appropriate visas at the Consular Section of the Russian Embassy in Bangkok.

Well russia does need more troops for the frontline in ukraine dont they seeing as most russians are skiving in thailand with their new visas...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Probably due to the school holidays. 

When I drive around you can see the car rental places full of cars and bikes, Some mornings I go for a coffee its dead, one of the staff said to me going quiet since last month, 

• Haha 1

These periodic renewals of Russian visa exemptions are like the old COVID extensions. Except the danger is not getting COVID (or hoping to avoid it), but rather getting scammed, robbed or assaulted by a drunk or surly Russian (because there are more of them). At least they reduced the latest "Russian COVID" visa exemption from 90 to 60 days, so there's that. Progress.

• Agree 2